Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent Hill Werewolf Game Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Emily was active (posted a load of waffle, posting for the sake of being active kinda stuff). She attempted to vote at 19.45 but didn't do it right so seems it didn't register.

Thanks for that. The counter is meant to show when someone makes an error with their vote. It's why orlas is handwritten.

I'll update the counter to reflect Emily's vote in a few minutes.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Day 1: Final vote count

Patrick WW (4): Conor WW, Gertrude WW, Riona WW, Angus WW
    No Lynch (4): Oisin WW, Henry WW, Lucy WW, Orla WW
    Angus WW (1): Tegan WW
    Henry WW (1): Barbara WW
    Conor WW (5): Gabriel WW, Patrick WW, Doris WW, Phil WW, Nigel WW
    Phil WW (2): Clodagh WW, Liam WW
    Nigel WW (1): Derry WW
    Liam WW (1): Brendan WW
    Not voting (2): Emily WW, Isla WW

Conor WW was Angela Orosco, a vanilla villager.

with conor and patrick's vote there may have been self preservation in mind

why did people vote for patrick?

as spurious as it is, the people who voted conor had some sort of reason

Rikand wrote: »

Conor WW (6): Gabriel WW, Patrick WW, Doris WW, Phil WW, Nigel WW, Emily WW
    Not voting (1): Isla WW

Day has ended.

Updated vote count to reflect Emily's missed vote

• Advertisement

Updated vote count to reflect Emily's missed vote

goddam :p

Conor WW (6): Gabriel WW, Patrick WW, Doris WW, Phil WW, Nigel WW, Emily WW
    Not voting (2): , Isla WW

Conor WW was Angela Orosco, a vanilla villager.

why the no vote isla?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Hi Derry, tried to see why you voted me but can't see anything other than you voted for me a minute or two after I posted today, any correlation? Something dodgy in that post or throwing a dart kinda vote?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Lucy WW wrote: »
    why did people vote for patrick?

as spurious as it is, the people who voted conor had some sort of reason

I posted my reasons when I switched to him
    Angus WW wrote: »
    Right vote changed. Pat I’d made a note if your early no vote post and I’m not sure why you do a gentle floppy floppy. Flimsy but might get us some info

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

So, where are we off to after the church?

Angus WW wrote: »
    I think I might have figured the puzzle out

When the Romans counted the entirety of their whole army, their sum was greater than the value of this.

Rewrite this as

When the Romans people who use letters as numbers counted the entirety of (their whole army), their sum was greater than the value of this.

So, assign a number to each letter in the phrase “their whole army” based on a 1-26 system, sum all those numbers up, then subtract 1 to get this

Haven’t worked out what it gives us yet though

Following the logic above our puzzle solution is 179 I think
    Their =60
    Whole=63
    Army=57
    Sum =180
    Subtract 1 =179

What do people think?

As the group made themselves comfortable for the night, some of them decided to explore the church and make sure all the doors were locked properly. The church appeared to have 2 entrances. The one where they came in from across the cemetery and another that opened out towards the bible shop. Which made them realize something else. The fog appeared to have gone. They could see right across the road to the bible shop.

"Should we go over there now?" Someone suggested. "It looks like we'd be over and back in a few minutes."

They took a step outside and suddenly the ground started to melt away changing from grey, to an awful brown tint. The sky went blood red and figures, beasts and monsters of all sorts of shapes and sizes roamed the streets below. The few who were there were terrified and quickly stepped back inside, bolting the door after them. They hurried back to the group and told them of what they saw. The group then realised there were darker forces then just what was amongst themselves at play here.

"I wonder was that Air Raid Siren a warning of some sort." One person said.
    "Maybe said another. We'll just have to see what happens tomorrow. Well, if there is a tomorrow."

The group set a watch, some would sleep and some would stay awake. They all had to work together if they were going to get through this.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

It is now in the night phase.

There is to be no voting in the vote thread during this phase. No guessing of the puzzle. Those of you with night actions, they are due by 8am. Cheers :)

Sorry Angus will think about it overnight

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Everyone is ignoring people have actions before 8am?

What can we do about it?

was wondering about that and going through list to find out which ones.

Mixture of good and bad

I have nothing to do anyway.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Hi Derry, tried to see why you voted me but can't see anything other than you voted for me a minute or two after I posted today, any correlation? Something dodgy in that post or throwing a dart kinda vote?

That was it in a nutshell. He posted little yesterday and very little on the game itself and your pop in today was something similar so it just sussed me out. Didn't want to get into the middle of Phil, Conor and Patrick

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Hang on just getting back on now, why are people saying I didn’t vote when I did? I voted on here which was the wrong place, saw someone saying it had to be in the other thread and posted it in the other thread?

Emily WW wrote: »
    Hang on just getting back on now, why are people saying I didn’t vote when I did? I voted on here which was the wrong place, saw someone saying it had to be in the other thread and posted it in the other thread?

You didn't vote in the right format.

Your vote was counted in the end, not that it mattered with the result anyway.

You didn't vote in the right format.

Your vote was counted in the end, not that it mattered with the result anyway.

Oh right okay, sorry Rikand I was in a rush when doing it.

First thing I read, have to go back over everything because I was speed reading when I could get on. I’ll have more time tomorrow and be more active then

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

I really don’t know how to spot the wolf. I voted Conor for the reason he voted me and to make sure he got more votes than me. If it would have been someone else with more votes even with what he said I would have voted for them without evidence of any wrong doing by anyone.

I haven’t re read every post but from memory no one in particular stands out. Hopefully after the lynch tomorrow that will help us, or if we solve the puzzle and that helps us.

fyi

its fine to discuss the puzzle, but you cant spend one of your 3 guesses until after the munch :)

I've been having a nose at the puzzle and am trying to suss out how important the 'Roman' part of it is. Is the Roman part just a distraction?

Could the riddle have been made using food, or nature in the place of Roman army?

As in, is it just word play?

I dunno if that makes any sense haha

Im still reading back but haven’t got that far yet, did you figure out what the sum of the Roman army was?

Google told me the Roman Army had 5,000 men.

So my understanding of it is that whatever the answer is, is something that has a value of less than 5,000?

I always think riddles are trying to catch you out and it’s the simpler answer but it never is :o

• Advertisement

I’m assuming in my answer earlier that the romans bit is a hint that letters are numbers, ie Roman numerals etc

Advertisement