Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent Hill Werewolf Game Thread!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

So doing more research into it the Roman army had different numbers for different periods. Could that mean the sum is the total number of all soldiers they ever had added together?

Total Roman Forces over three centuries - 645,000

So maybe 644,999 in Roman numerals or something else that had a value of less than 645,000?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    So doing more research into it the Roman army had different numbers for different periods. Could that mean the sum is the total number of all soldiers they ever had added together?

I looked into that earlier and it's an impossible number to come up with.

Estimates alone vary way too much.

Total Roman Forces over three centuries - 645,000

So maybe 644,999 in Roman numerals or something else that had a value of less than 645,000?

Why three centuries?

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Why three centuries?

On wiki it had all the numbers from each century then had the total amount over the three so I figured total sum = total army

• Advertisement

Entirety means whole so the whole Roman Army in its entirety is 645,000

I’m really not good with riddles but trying to at least work out a part of it in the hope someone will have a eureka moment and get it :o

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Hi guys, unfortunately Im suffering from Burcitis at the moment. The fever got the better of me today. I didnt vote as a result.

Ive caught up on events. The riddle has me stumped. Not a fan of how the guesses were used. That said I personally wouldnt have added something and the guesses used were worth a shot.

Conor being lynched would not have been my choice. That said he was as good as any on day one.

From my own personal experiences I would have voted a lower poster on this day one.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

I've read that riddle too many time now but I really feel whoever said it has to do with the three words after the of was right

their whole army

Is the clue i reckon

Maybe we take the roman numerals from that but I do feel them 3 words are the crux of the clue

While I do feel some people jumped the gun guessing we should also be using the guesses and we should probably not spend the day so much time looking into it as its very distracting, it dominated and is still dominating the conversation

Although maybe if we solve it is great so I dont know :o

I'd like if it was more balanced though the lynch tonight was a near none event

Hope all is well Isla

• Advertisement

Orla WW wrote: »
    I've read that riddle too many time now but I really feel whoever said it has to do with the three words after the of was right

their whole army

Is the clue i reckon

Maybe we take the roman numerals from that but I do feel them 3 words are the crux of the clue

There doesn't seem to be many roman numerals in this

IL is all i have and that doesn't even work

o wait no M works too

ILM

1 50 1000

so 1501

Hope all is well Isla

Im just out of it on anti inflammatories, antibiotics and steroids. Fever was 40.3 at one stage tonight.

Sleep pattern is all over the place.

I know its rich me looking back at Conor and taking the he didnt look like a wolf card, but he didnt appear wolfy to me

I did notice Barbara chiming in saying the same on thread.

Now this could very well he Barbara just saying it like it is.

But the cynical side of me thinks perhaps shes building villager points here knowing Conor isnt bad and is laying the ground work for a 'i told you he was good' moment and not voting for him.

Thoughts?

unless its

then its 1 less then that

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Hey folks, not sure I'm buying Conor as a wolf acting like that.

Worth noting to this is Barbaras only post.

Isla WW wrote: »
    Im just out of it on anti inflammatories, antibiotics and steroids. Fever was 40.3 at one stage tonight.

Sleep pattern is all over the place.

I know its rich me looking back at Conor and taking the he didnt look like a wolf card, but he didnt appear wolfy to me

I did notice Barbara chiming in saying the same on thread.

Now this could very well he Barbara just saying it like it is.

But the cynical side of me thinks perhaps shes building villager points here knowing Conor isnt bad and is laying the ground work for a 'i told you he was good' moment and not voting for him.

Thoughts?

Jesus sounds rough.

Not many tbh, i fell behind myself, i wanted no lynch due to lack of reads.

Outside of Conor, phil and Oisin no one has stood out

Michelangelo started sculpting David in 1501.

o wait no M works too

ILM

1 50 1000

so 1501
    Michelangelo started sculpting David in 1501.

wait sorry I ****ed that up

it'd be

1051 going that way

Is there any 5s in coding i know its all 1s and 0s but that wouldn't work seems overly complex tbh

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Yeah a bit redundant but Conors attitude stinks along with his stupid guess without anyone agreeing

Ok Nigel, Conors attitude may not be your cup of tea, but do you really think his attitude was wolfy?

I dont see a wolf acting like Conor tbh.

Im seeing this like a poor excuse to vote for Conor if Im honest.

• Advertisement

Riona WW wrote: »
    Which was built in the UK to keep the Northern tribes away from Roman land.

Riona..... you gave no input to the game bar some thoughts on the puzzle?

Any thoughts on players yet? Why the Patrick vote?

Painted onto the back wall, a puzzle could be made out written in blood ::

When the Romans counted the entirety of their whole army, their sum was greater than the value of this.

While I do feel some people jumped the gun guessing we should also be using the guesses and we should probably not spend the day so much time looking into it as its very distracting, it dominated and is still dominating the conversation

Although maybe if we solve it is great so I dont know :o

I'd like if it was more balanced though the lynch tonight was a near none event

I still haven’t got that far yet but I have to agree with you. I’m finding I’m just scrolling and scrolling by posts talking about solving the riddle, it muddys the waters a bit when looking for something concrete.

Maybe something to discuss in the morning if we set some kind of limit or timeframe per day on discussion about it

I still haven’t got that far yet but I have to agree with you. I’m finding I’m just scrolling and scrolling by posts talking about solving the riddle, it muddys the waters a bit when looking for something concrete.

Maybe something to discuss in the morning if we set some kind of limit or timeframe per day on discussion about it

Its the perfect place to get involved, appear villagery and post loads without really contributing to finding a wolf.

A see plenty of votes without rational.

I agree. We could use every single post we make discussing the riddle and never get it. I think we should definitely set aside a certain amount of time for it and then focus our main time on weeding out the wolves.

Aside I said earlier, I'm happy to go with whatever the consensus is.

I agree. We could use every single post we make discussing the riddle and never get it. I think we should definitely set aside a certain amount of time for it and then focus our main time on weeding out the wolves.

**THIS ISN'T ME MAKING A DECISION, MERELY AGREEING WITH THE SUGGESTION**

Aside I said earlier, I'm happy to go with whatever the consensus is.

Well lets lead by example Ois, any reads on folk now?

What do you make of Barbaras only post?

Isla WW wrote: »
    Well lets lead by example Ois, any reads on folk now?

What do you make of Barbaras only post?

Still suss about Brendan and Liam from earlier. I still find it odd why Liam would vote for me and not question Brendan as to why he voted to lynch him.

As for Barbara, yeah, I can definitely see why they'd play it that way. When I was a wolf before I stoutly defended a villager in order to give myself village points "Told you they were village, now which of ye that voted for them is the wolf" kinda thing. (I ended up going OTT and getting found out).

Aside from that, not much to offer.

I've just looked at the amount of posts each poster has, and I'm surprised by some of them. Didn't think a few had as many as they do. Probably got lost in the riddle discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Still suss about Brendan and Liam from earlier. I still find it odd why Liam would vote for me and not question Brendan as to why he voted to lynch him.

As for Barbara, yeah, I can definitely see why they'd play it that way. When I was a wolf before I stoutly defended a villager in order to give myself village points "Told you they were village, now which of ye that voted for them is the wolf" kinda thing. (I ended up going OTT and getting found out).

Kind of a broken record here Ois with regards me. Look at the rest of my play not just that I didn’t like you deciding for the village our next move would be decided by a vote, then calling that vote 3minutes earlier (after only 6m) than the deadline you yourself decided upon and making the call to the mods for everyone.

If you can’t see why someone wouldn’t like that then i Can’t help you.

Yes Liam didn’t question why I voted for him and that’s one of the reasons I didn’t change my vote from him. Could be a wolf tactic to avoid become the center of people’s attention as I’d then highlight why I voted for them, which apart from him not questioning it was that he was a low poster (hiding maybe) who seemed to only be posting to explain his voting on wagonable people early (Patrick for no voting, then you for as he put it appointing yourself the leader of the village) which again is wolfy in my eyes.

Btw despite thinking your actions were dodgy I didn’t vote you for the same reason I didn’t vote pat, Phil or now dead Conor - didn’t think a wolf would (although it’s possible) be as blatant in directing the village and instead would go the more covert route a la Liam.

Also I was the one who added the “This” from the riddle together first with their alphabet placement to get 56 and changed it into Roman numerals LVI and suggested the answer Level one in terms of a computer game as Silent hill is one. I still think that (or level 2 based off the clue specifying more than this) is the best non guessed answer.

Those who showed their work for why they thought just 56 was the answer earlier clearly were not reading the thread fully/properly if they wanted credit for that answer unless maybe they just wanted to look like they were putting work in.

If I get a chance later I’ll look into who Conor was most sis’s of as I hate when I die and people just ignore everything I said beforehand. I also agree that we should set a deadline for puzzle answers to be suggested (not just guessed without discussion) as similarly to how I was the one who pointed out we had 3guesses per day yesterday (though reading back I saw someone said that was Henry) before it reset for the next day, I don’t think the village should spend the whole day distracted by the puzzle, a puzzle which allows wolves appear like they are contributing by discussing while not looking for wolves.

Advertisement