Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent Hill Werewolf Game Thread!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Ok Nigel, Conors attitude may not be your cup of tea, but do you really think his attitude was wolfy?

I dont see a wolf acting like Conor tbh.

Im seeing this like a poor excuse to vote for Conor if Im honest.

No offence Isla but by your own admission it's rich chiming in now in your defence of Conor after the fact! I had Conor noted from day zero on my read back and then his interaction with me on thread after his guess sealed my vote. It's there and available to read.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

I see Isla is claiming the role of Captain Hindsight, any counter claims?

I said it at the time that I while thought it was poor play from Conor I didn’t think he was a wolf. A no lynch would have been better as I don’t believe the early vote gives us any info on wolf’s voting. Too many places to hide.
    Ironically it was Conor arguing against that point.

I like the Level 1 guess, it would get my vote. Was it Brendan who came up with that? Happy that he’d guess it.

If That’s not the answer I think it could be something simple. I think we’re off the mark with the really complicated ones like 1051. Too random IMO

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    I see Isla is claiming the role of Captain Hindsight, any counter claims?

I said it at the time that I while thought it was poor play from Conor I didn’t think he was a wolf. A no lynch would have been better as I don’t believe the early vote gives us any info on wolf’s voting. Too many places to hide.
    Ironically it was Conor arguing against that point.

I like the Level 1 guess, it would get my vote. Was it Brendan who came up with that? Happy that he’d guess it.

If That’s not the answer I think it could be something simple. I think we’re off the mark with the really complicated ones like 1051. Too random IMO

Yeah I guessed that but wanted to see what others thought before putting it in then our remaining guesses were used up by less patient folk.

Not sure if I’d guess Level 1 or 2 however.

“This” = 56
    56 = LVI
    Level One

But the riddle said more than this do maybe Level 2.

Won’t submit either though until we get a bit of a group consensus on going for it or any other suggested guesses

Said I'd have a look back at who Conor was most suss of before he died as he is the only confirmed good player and not much has changed since then

Conor WW wrote: »
    I’m toast now Lucy but look back and see what Oisin was up to earlier.
    Well if it isn’t Hans Solo himself.
    1 guess outta 3 and that’s without counting the other decisions made without consensus. Did you vote to go to the strip club or churc? I know I didn’t get a choice.

So like myself he didn't seem to like Oisin's actions with regards to leading the village. Wonder will I be linked to him too or will Oisin only do that to create a negative narrative about the people who suspect his actions.

Looking back further than Conor's last few posts (as quoted above) and it does not seem Conor was on too many people which is totally understandable on the first day, maybe Phil as he suggested his self press vote was a good way to keep his head down and although it is a good way to explain away his Conor vote I still don't know if a wolf would be as front and center as Phil and of course Conor would not like it as the vote was on him.

This was posted by Lucy at 6:48pm

Lucy WW wrote: »
    a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

t = 20
    h = 8
    i = 9
    s = 19

56?

But at 2.59pm I had voted this

Brendan WW wrote: »
    I'm fine with going to the Church.

Not sure on the riddle though, going down rabbit holes with it already.

THIS letter placement on the alphabet equals 20,8,9,19... added together = 56

Roman numerals I (=1), V (=5), X (=10), L (=50), C (=100), D (=500), and M (=1000)

56 = LVI

Level One?

I'm guessing that is a bit mad though, but with it being based off a game and all is the only reason I'm even posting it.

I had also then discussed this theory and a few people commented on this afterwards too.

So Lucy, did you not read the thread before wading in with your insights?

Could be argued that you were just trying to look like you were helping the village with your puzzle theories while actually reposting other peoples already posted ideas. not that I would suggest such a thing though ;)

People could also argue that your first day of posts looks like fluff where most of your posts were related to the riddle or reposting vote results or asking for people to clarify why stuff happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

When everyone awoke the next morning, they did a quick headcount to make sure all we’re present and correct. Gabriel WW was noted to be missing and the group did a quick search to see if they could find them. In a room, next to some sodomized mannequins, they found Gabriel WW impaled in the chest by a giant spear.

Gabriel WW was Murphy Pendleton, a vanilla villager

2153188-silent_hill_downpour_murphy_face.jpg

Riona WW wasn’t too happy with the direction this tour was going and decided to leave Silent Hill with the greatest of haste. Sneaking out of the back of the building, they made a break for the road and hoped to make the ski resort and safety. Sadly they didn’t get very far before they were set upon by a group of evil creatures

Riona WW was Henry Townshend, a vanilla villager

322571-residentevil3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

The group is preparing to leave the church

Upon investigation of the church, they discover a noticeboard advertising the various premises and establishments of Silent Hill. One of the group discovers what appears to be a map.

Silent-Hill-Map.jpg

Silent Hill was much bigger than the group first thought. It was going to take a while to explore the whole town fully so they felt they just better get a move on. Please bold the next location you want to visit. Bear in mind, some places may take longer to get to than others.

Ok so I guess Munch is at 8am, should have guessed really with the mods saying actions needed to be done by then (if im recalling correctly from my catch up read through) and it would seem we might have more than one team from the double kills.

Honestly I couldn't tell you anything about Riona or Gabs so im guessing they were role hunting quiet people but will go back to see what was special about them if I get a chance although I suspect now that we know they are not it may not help too much

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

ok, two dead. Gabriel by the wolves it seems and Riona maybe just didn't have time to play the game so opted out. Both vanilla. Let's see how they voted.

Rikand wrote: »
    The group is preparing to leave the church...

Silent Hill was much bigger than the group first thought. It was going to take a while to explore the whole town fully so they felt they just better get a move on. Please bold the next location you want to visit. Bear in mind, some places may take longer to get to than others.

Okay, not going to jump the gun here and bolden any location but the reveal of the new locations and that some places may take longer to get to makes me think we shouldn't pick somewhere that looks too far and somewhere you could imagine there being a prize in.

In a game like this I could imagine us getting something at the police station for example (guns, armor etc) and it isn't too far off so I'd be inclined to look there myself

• Advertisement

Patrick WW wrote: »
    ok, two dead. Gabriel by the wolves it seems and Riona maybe just didn't have time to play the game so opted out. Both vanilla. Let's see how they voted.

I would not assume that they wanted out of the game due to time issues just cos the flavor suggests them wanting out of Silent Hill. It also says they were killed by a group of evil creatures

Gabriel voted for Conor and Riona for me.

I'm going to stay out of the puzzle guessing game so as not to annoy. I'd suggest using joining up thinking for the locations. Assuming w can visit 3/4 today like yesterday which ones would logically follow each other to be useful.

That's my suggestion anyway.

I would not assume that they wanted out of the game due to time issues just cos the flavor suggests them wanting out of Silent Hill. It also says they were killed by a group of evil creatures

But it says she tried to escape, therefore if she hadn't moved she'd be safe? She voted for me anyway so my trying to say this makes me look bad so it's not a point worth pressing.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Morning all. Cant believe 3 dead already!

what do we need based on new map?

food supplies/ defensive weapons/ torches/ first aid equipment /method of escape maybe the boats

Patrick WW wrote: »
    But it says she tried to escape, therefore if she hadn't moved she'd be safe? She voted for me anyway so my trying to say this makes me look bad so it's not a point worth pressing.

Flavor is Flavor. She was killed is all we know. It was a second kill and took place at munch time. This to me implies there could be a second team or an SK.

Morning all. Cant believe 3 dead already!

what do we need based on new map?

food supplies/ defensive weapons/ torches/ first aid equipment /method of escape maybe the boats

Some of those places would indeed be where I would be inclined to look as I would be more inclined to look where I think mods might place prizes or games/competitions.

So the police station, Medical Center, Andy's Amusement emportium or the Warehouse.

I'd start with the closest given some might take longer to get to according to Rikand.

Don't think we are getting out of town till the endgame so I'm not rushing to the far away boat rental place

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Morning. So from the looks of it we have an SK. I'd say that's more likely than the mods announcing a player quitting at the munch. The only other thing could be the flavour from last night saying something about monsters outside but generally flavour is just that.

would there be any point visiting books n bibles in case there was a clue to the riddle or is that getting sidetracked?

Some of those places would indeed be where I would be inclined to look as I would be more inclined to look where I think mods might place prizes or games/competitions.

So the police station, Medical Center, Andy's Amusement emportium or the Warehouse.

I'd start with the closest given some might take longer to get to according to Rikand.

Don't think we are getting out of town till the endgame so I'm not rushing to the far away boat rental place

While I like your list, I dont know if we can go by apparent distance on the map. Most places yesterday seemed to take around 2 hrs to get to.

would there be any point visiting books n bibles in case there was a clue to the riddle or is that getting sidetracked?

Honestly I'm not sure if it matters where exactly we go...but just in case it does, did anyone else notice that the bank and the police station dont seem to have entrances? I'm wondering if like a game they need to be unlocked?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Morning all.

We should wait for consensus on where to go. Noone go mad and do a me.

I think the police station is a good shout. Was a source of ammo in the game. It may be a straight up prize or another riddle, but for all we know, the vig could be waiting on bullets.

Looking at the map its also the only place without an entrance as well....not sure if thats to be read into or not.

Reading back on Riona - absolutely nothing can be learned from her 11 posts, which were mostly about the riddle, one time she went against Phil saying to avoid the church as there could be something bad there but nothing else. Voted Patrick

Gabriel with 7 posts seemed a bit more of the type to try to rattle cages. Suggested Conor had a backroom (Wrong) for example and didn't like Phil choosing the Pet Shop without discussion but not much else. Voted Conor

Think they were just role hunting quiet players tbh

No the bank doesnt have an entrance either.

Phil WW wrote: »
    No the bank doesnt have an entrance either.

Yep. Just like I said. What do you think about the idea of unlocking levels?

Tegan WW wrote: »
    While I like your list, I dont know if we can go by apparent distance on the map. Most places yesterday seemed to take around 2 hrs to get to.

Not sure if we can either to be perfectly honest but Rikand did say some places may take longer to get to and although it may not be the case the most logical thing would be that the placest further away on the map might take longer.

Reading back on Riona - absolutely nothing can be learned from her 11 posts, which were mostly about the riddle, one time she went against Phil saying to avoid the church as there could be something bad there but nothing else. Voted Patrick

Gabriel with 7 posts seemed a bit more of the type to try to rattle cages. Suggested Conor had a backroom (Wrong) for example and didn't like Phil choosing the Pet Shop without discussion but not much else. Voted Conor

Think they were just role hunting quiet players tbh

i think whats interesting is that the Patrick wagon has been halved. Makes me feel a bit better about Angus and Gertie. Caveat on that is i need to see more from Gertie and dont have much on Angus other than the above, for now.

Well Gertie is here and suggesting places to go

Well Gertie is here and suggesting places to go

Well maybe Gertie will have thoughts on my idea about the places that dont have entrances on the map. Do you think that is significant and could it be like games where new levels mean new places to access?

• Advertisement

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Yep. Just like I said. What do you think about the idea of unlocking levels?

Sorry i didnt read your post before i posted.

I mean it could be, but if it were me, that would take the form of the village having to do something to get in. So could just be another riddle type situation.

Here is something else interesting - why is there a building called 'light bulb'. When i google it the answer would seem to be there is a puzzle there involving light bulbs. So that could be somewhere beneficial to go that wouldnt perhaps need to be unlocked?

Advertisement