Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent Hill Werewolf Game Thread!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

57 / LVII / Level Two

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Name | Status | Role | Notes
    Angus | Alive | |
    Barbara| Alive | |
    Brendan | Alive | |Seems a bit pockety
    Clodagh | Alive | |Making sense, wants consensus

Derry | Alive | |
    Doris | Alive & Good | |
    Emily | Alive | |Comes in late, giving out about people jumping the gun without village consent

Gertrude | Alive | |
    Henry | Alive | |
    Isla | Alive | |Has similar thoughts on location choosing. Stands ground strongly after being called out.
    Liam | Alive | |
    Lucy | Alive | |
    Nigel | Alive | |
    Oisin | Alive | | Asked for a vote then decided very quickly without discussion. Explained with details, came across as genuine. Bowed out of guessing for the village.
    Orla | Alive | |
    Patrick | Alive | | Talked about no lynching early on. Swooped in with a rush guess for no reason.
    Phil | Alive | | Decided on location without discussion. Lasered on a non-existent slip - apparently ruffling feathers. Held his ground when confronted. Interested in using the wiki. Coming up with decent ideas. Has toned down the madness. Trying to get people to like is posts, could be a task. Seems willing to wait for village consensus. Makes sense about decided who should guess and when.

Tegan | Alive | |Making decent points that match up with me.

|||
    |||
    Conor | Dead & Good | | First vote early on
    Gabriel | Dead & Good | |
    Riona | Dead & Good | |

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

You have to confirm it's a guess.

Someone posted something in bold yesterday that could have been interpreted as a guess. Thankfully it was ignored.

I don't expect to be on as much as yesterday, but please for the love of god don't throw out any random guesses without fleshing them out and getting buy in from at least a few people!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Synergy is the creation of a whole that is greater than the simple sum of its parts. The term synergy comes from the Attic Greek word συνεργία synergia from synergos, συνεργός, meaning "working together".

Synergy is the creation of a whole that is greater than the simple sum of its parts. The term synergy comes from the Attic Greek word συνεργία synergia from synergos, συνεργός, meaning "working together".

Therefore could the answer be Synergy?

we had to work together for the puzzle

Oisin WW wrote: »
    You have to confirm it's a guess.

Went back and checked this and thought Phil's one yesterday was just like mine above but incase your right.

Puzzle Guess: 57 / LVII / Level Two

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

I think this twelfth thing is the best idea yet. It actually relates to the Romans, the sum of their army would be greater than 1/12, and it uses the phrases 'the value of this'. Too many of the answers/ideas seem to be one less than the sum of the first thing calculated but there is no reason for that to be the case. Say we find the first part equals 2,500, or 56, or whatever it is why does it follow that the answer should be one higher or lower? Why not two higher or lower?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Went back and checked this and thought Phil's one yesterday was just like mine above but incase your right.

Puzzle Guess: 57 / LVII / Level Two

Incorrect

Well, happy enough to have tried and that there was consensus for me to go for it. 2 more guesses for today

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Before we guess that Tegan, can you show your work. Where did you find that out?

I think we're probably overthinking it. I can't imagine it's too convoluted.

Can we lynch yet?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Before we guess that Tegan, can you show your work. Where did you find that out?

I started thinking about values and sums. Originally was thinking maybe value of pi as it's a maths thing and sums. Then I looked back and noticed the double colon and looked up that in relation to Roman numerals and saw they used dots for fractions.

Yeah can you give us that link

Tegan WW wrote: »
    I started thinking about values and sums. Originally was thinking maybe value of pi as it's a maths thing and sums. Then I looked back and noticed the double colon and looked up that in relation to Roman numerals and saw they used dots for fractions.

Yeah good point. I also thought the double colon was weird. Put it down to a typo though.

Just want to point out (now that she has had over an hour to respond) that I am now also suss of Lucy.

I posted this https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111920725&postcount=666

It was the post immediately before the munch announcements, so it would be very odd if Lucy did not see it especially as she was quoted in it and that 30 posts later she herself made a post.

Ignoring something like that is dodgy imo

Phil WW wrote: »
    Yeah can you give us that link

Well as we are in Silent Hill I dunno if you'll get a connection...but if we were elsewhere wiki would be your friend.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Brendan why did you guess Level Two? It mentions their sum being greater than the value of this. Surely the 'value of this' (56 per your calculations) would be the better answer? I don't think it is right because I think we need to be looking for whatever the this is. We don't need to go one above or below what we think the value of this is. Tegan's idea actually makes sense to me because it is clear what the this is (the '.').

I really dont want to spend all day on this, but we arent told we have to provide either number (the sum or the this). So knowing the LVII is wrong, im thinking we shouldnt be looking at +1 or -1 in our answer.

I really think the . idea is the best guess we have at the mo.

I would like us to guess it to get the puzzle stuff out of the way for now. We will still have 1 more guess in the bank and hopefully we can park it and start looking for wolves instead.

I did make a suggestion. I'm off now though will be back at lynching time. I'd ask if anyone feels like not ignoring yesterday I gave some pretty solid numbers for roman armies and how they're broken down and today I gave a different type of possible answer.

I also suggested that we have a discussion that could potentially help people with good powers so they don't have to risk potentially outing themselves.

The only comment that I have made that hasn't been ignored is my no lynch one yesterday.

Doris WW wrote: »
    Yeah good point. I also thought the double colon was weird. Put it down to a typo though.

Me too originally but I was running out of ideas and now think that it may have been a clue of sorts. Or it is a typo and my guess is wrong.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Brendan why did you guess Level Two? It mentions their sum being greater than the value of this. Surely the 'value of this' (56 per your calculations) would be the better answer? I don't think it is right because I think we need to be looking for whatever the this is. We don't need to go one above or below what we think the value of this is. Tegan's idea actually makes sense to me because it is clear what the this is (the '.').

T - 20
    H - 8
    I - 9
    S - 19

“This” = 56
    56 = LVI
    Level One

But the riddle said more than this (LVI/Level One) so I guessed LVII/Level 2 hoping that maybe it would unlock Level 2 and the doors to the police station etc as some had pointed out they didn't have any.

It covered the Roman element, the more than element, the this and the fact that Silent Hill is a computer game.

I also asked the group, instead of charging ahead and said I was leaning towards LVII not LVI and people didn't say to go the other way.

So how do people feel about me guessing 1/12?

Patrick WW wrote: »
    I did make a suggestion. I'm off now though will be back at lynching time. I'd ask if anyone feels like not ignoring yesterday I gave some pretty solid numbers for roman armies and how they're broken down and today I gave a different type of possible answer.

I also suggested that we have a discussion that could potentially help people with good powers so they don't have to risk potentially outing themselves.

The only comment that I have made that hasn't been ignored is my no lynch one yesterday.

I'm planning on doing an FFA today again (hope others do too) and right now you will not be topping it but trying to guess the puzzle does not a villager make. I'm sure wolves would probably like to crack the code too and potentially get a prize.

Tegan WW wrote: »
    So how do people feel about me guessing 1/12?

I won't be around for the next 1-2+ hours but I've no issue with it.

I'm easy.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Post count so far as some find it useful

Phil WW 115
    Brendan WW 74
    Patrick WW 66
    Oisin WW 63
    Doris WW 60
    Tegan WW 53
    Gertrude WW 43