Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent Hill Werewolf Game Thread!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    I'm planning on doing an FFA today again (hope others do too) and right now you will not be topping it but trying to guess the puzzle does not a villager make. I'm sure wolves would probably like to crack the code too and potentially get a prize.

Since when have I tried to convince people I'm not a wolf. I'm trying to solve the puzzle. If you're saying I'm being ignored because people think I'm a wolf them I'm damned if I do or damned if I don't I think.

It seems my game is ruined because I made the mistake of trying to kickstart a conversation when no one was chatting at the start of the game. No wonder people keep quiet.

And this is the reason I took a guess by myself yesterday. If I'm being ignored from the conversation why should I follow your arbitrary rules. I may as well ignore them and enjoy myself until I get lynched?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

I keep getting Emily and Lucy mixed up for some reason.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Patrick WW wrote: »
    Since when have I tried to convince people I'm not a wolf. I'm trying to solve the puzzle. If you're saying I'm being ignored because people think I'm a wolf them I'm damned if I do or damned if I don't I think.

It seems my game is ruined because I made the mistake of trying to kickstart a conversation when no one was chatting at the start of the game. No wonder people keep quiet.

Maybe I read that wrong, apologese if so. It read like you trying to remind everyone you had been doing good work for the village too even though they were just focusing on just one other thing you did in your opinion.

Anyway out for a bit now

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

And this is the reason I took a guess by myself yesterday. If I'm being ignored from the conversation why should I follow your arbitrary rules. I may as well ignore them and enjoy myself until I get lynched?

I dont think you're being ignored Patrick I think you're just focusing on yourself and it feels that way - which I'm guilty of too. I was caught up in my own guess and didn't really pay that much attention to yours.

If I'm honest I like my guess better than yours (unsurprising :) ) but yours could work. What do you think about mine?

• Advertisement

Tegan WW wrote: »
    I dont think you're being ignored Patrick I think you're just focusing on yourself and it feels that way - which I'm guilty of too. I was caught up in my own guess and didn't really pay that much attention to yours.

If I'm honest I like my guess better than yours (unsurprising :) ) but yours could work. What do you think about mine?

It makes sense but I think it's too clever. These things tend t obe so simple once we know we kick ourselves for not spotting it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Well as we are in Silent Hill I dunno if you'll get a connection...but if we were elsewhere wiki would be your friend.

I am happy enough with Tegan guessing '1/12'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_numerals#Fractions

Ok so if there are no objections I'll stick a guess in in next few mins.

It makes sense but I think it's too clever. These things tend t obe so simple once we know we kick ourselves for not spotting it.

That's fair. I think that yours could work but seems a bit too vague

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

:: is a third according to the wiki there?

• Advertisement

Doris WW wrote: »
    :: is a third according to the wiki there?

Yeah but I think that it is the . after the this that makes sense.

The sum is greater than the value of *this dot*
    The sum is greater than the value of 1/12

So 1/3 is greater than 1/12

Im getting sucked into the riddle again. Im out for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

As the group crossed Church Lane, they could hear the faint crackle of a radio receiver somewhere away to their right.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    So 1/3 is greater than 1/12
    yes

Right so, I'm going for it

Puzzle Guess: 1/12

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    T - 20
    H - 8
    I - 9
    S - 19

“This” = 56
    56 = LVI
    Level One

But the riddle said more than this (LVI/Level One) so I guessed LVII/Level 2 hoping that maybe it would unlock Level 2 and the doors to the police station etc as some had pointed out they didn't have any.

It covered the Roman element, the more than element, the this and the fact that Silent Hill is a computer game.

I also asked the group, instead of charging ahead and said I was leaning towards LVII not LVI and people didn't say to go the other way.

I understand the calculation to get to 56. The riddle said the total of what the army counted was more than the value of this. 57 doesn't seem to link to the total of the Roman army though, it is just more than 56. Also 56 isn't the value of 'this', it is the value of the 'value of this'. Going by the value of the numerals in the two phrases that is.

I do appreciate that you asked the group though and you didn't charge in with one or the other. I was just curious as to why you chose Level 2 when Level 1 seemed to actually fit better. It did to me anyway, following your calculations.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Lucy WW wrote: »
    why did people vote for patrick?

as spurious as it is, the people who voted conor had some sort of reason

I don't like this from Lucy. It seems a bit of an attempt to clear anyone who voted for Conor, to shift attention to those who voted for Patrick.

Clear may to too strong a word here, perhaps excuse those who voted for Conor.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Updated

Patrick WW (4): Conor WW, Gertrude WW, Riona WW, Angus WW
    No Lynch (4): Oisin WW, Henry WW, Lucy WW, Orla WW
    Angus WW (1): Tegan WW
    Henry WW (1): Barbara WW
    Conor WW (6): Gabriel WW, Patrick WW, Doris WW, Phil WW, Nigel WW, Emily WW
    Phil WW (2): Clodagh WW, Liam WW
    Nigel WW (1): Derry WW
    Liam WW (1): Brendan WW
    Not voting (2): , Isla WW

Tegan, Barbara, Derry, Brendan any news on why you voted where you did?

Right so, I'm going for it

Puzzle Guess: 1/12

incorrect

• Advertisement

The group have arrived at Brooke’s Books and Bibles

Hoping to find some answers on the towns history, the group stumbled into Brookes Books and Bibles. After a quick investigation of the store returned nothing of note, they quickly began to rifle through the shelves. A quick scan of one shelf related to a mystical cult that once existed in the town. Public burnings, brandishing and ritual human sacrifice were an essential part of their way of life for generations however with the rise of tourism to the island this quickly dissipated in favour of glorious capitalism! There was a lot of bibles too. There sure do love their God in Boardsitania…..

On the reception desk, someone found a book that had been left open. On the page was a handwritten poem...

[Gabriel whispered into my ear
    A shining light will guide you here
    But there is no light in this town
    Everything’s always turned down
    If only I could lift this fog
    That hangs around like upon a bog
    Then all above would be so clear
    And I could find my way out of here
    ]

Someone said.... "Lift the Fog. Now that would be useful!"

You have explored the bookshop. Please bold your next location.

Rikand wrote: »
    The group is preparing to leave the church

Upon investigation of the church, they discover a noticeboard advertising the various premises and establishments of Silent Hill. One of the group discovers what appears to be a map.

Silent-Hill-Map.jpg

Silent Hill was much bigger than the group first thought. It was going to take a while to explore the whole town fully so they felt they just better get a move on. Please bold the next location you want to visit. Bear in mind, some places may take longer to get to than others.
    For readability, page 17

Someone (Angus?) mentioned it yesterday, could the answer be legion?

The sum (whole army)

> Value (legion)

Legions very valuable to Romans.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »

Can answer in more detail later (out / on my phone) but I’ve said at least twice on this thread why I voted the way I did. Check my first post from today around #660

I think we should be going to the right. Follow the sound of the radio.

School
    Lights
    Police station
    Hotel

I vote lights

I explained this last night. I was looking outside the Conor/ Phil /Patrick trio as I dont think wolves would be so blatant on day 1. I looked at the no voters who at the time were Oisin, Henry, Angus and Orla. The first two had contributed and the second 2 hadn't. Orla had barely posted so I voted Angus.

Rikand wrote: »
    incorrect

Balls. :(

I think we should be going to the right. Follow the sound of the radio.

School
    Lights
    Police station
    Hotel

I vote lights

Yeah given the mention of lights it makes sense.

Are we not testing the theory that the further the destination the longer it takes?

(I think it's just artistic license)

• Advertisement

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Are we not testing the theory that the further the destination the longer it takes?

(I think it's just artistic license)

I think it is too but the bookshop mentioned lights and the crackle of a radio came from the right as we crossed church street which would be lights r us...although the radio suggests police radio maybe?

Advertisement