Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TD's shame after child A&E visit

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

You raised it, I posted the facts on it. Jog on Christy ;)

I'll repeat your own advice to you, "You got caught lying, take it on the chin"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

christy c wrote: »
    I'll repeat your own advice to you, "You got caught lying, take it on the chin"

Posted a link to it. There for people to read. Paraphrasing Noonan could be lying alright, maybe inappropriate.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    The whole culture of consultants having both a private and public clinic is where the issue lies.

Heres my story.
    Daughter diagnosed with scoliosis in December 2018. Contacted Crumlin Childrens hospital and was told she`d be put on the waiting list and we`d be contacted with an appointment.

Roll on August this year and still nothing so I asked which consultant she would be seeing. Found out he holds a private clinic in Santry Monday to Friday. I get an appointment within 2 days to see him in his private rooms. Shes seen and is now waiting on surgery. So my question is why can a consultant who has a clinic in Our Ladys hospital Monday to Friday still be able to have a private clinic also Monday to Friday?

Ill tell you why--Its because he doesn't show up half the time for his public clinics. Prefers to take his 300.00 euros for 15 minutes work. He just decides hes not going and his "team" will handle it.
    This is one of the issues that must cause frontline staff serious heartache.

The absolute ****ing idiot that is our health minister cant even be bothered returning any of my emails or letters as to why its allowed to happen.
    There should be a wholly public contract for consultants -- at least then you might get them working a 9 - 5 clinic. That one change would in my opinion solve a serious amount of the waiting list issues.

Its not the admin staff that should be slated--they really are doing their best. But how can they do their job when the only person that can make a decision on a sick persons treatment doesn't even bother his hole to show up for clinics.

I was even told by a nurse to arrive into A+E with my daughter and sit there until she saw her consultant..She not even that bad but why should I tie up the A+E when a more serious person needs it.

Its a cultural change that's needed from the top down.

Sorry for a rant but my blood is boiling with our health service.. Oh and for whats it worth I offered to pay in cash(by financing a loan on my house) for the surgery to get my daughter seen to quickly but the procedure isn't even done on private insurance policies. So Im stuck waiting with the public system. I even asked about travelling to the UK or Europe but that cant be approved until shes on a waiting list for 2+ years!!!!

Oh yeah and also there are 2 operating theatres in Crumlin that carry this surgery out.
    One of them isn't even operating (excuse the pun) and the other one is only working 3 days a week instead of 5 like it should be.

The waiting list for my daughter is about 18 months now. Imagine being a 13/14 year old girl with a curved spine. Never mind what it does for your physical appearance--imagine what it does for her confidence at that age.

Im ****ing fuming with the state that these successive governments have done to our health service.

Sorry rant over/

I've been in similar where the receptionist put the option to me, several months wait or go to the private clinic within days.
    Longer lists drum up business.

Posted a link to it. There for people to read. Paraphrasing Noonan could be lying alright, maybe inappropriate.

The link doesn't back up what you said, which I suppose makes sense seen as you made that up.

The link doesn't back up what you said, which I suppose makes sense seen as you made that up.

Sorry the adults are trying to have a discussion. I'll play later Christy.

• Advertisement

Sorry the adults are trying to have a discussion. I'll play later Christy.

As predictable as it is pathetic.

As predictable as it is pathetic.

Somebody is anyway ;)

lemon.jpg

Somebody is anyway ;)

lemon.jpg

Pathetic

Pathetic

Ha :)

Come on comrade best stick to the latest FG shenanigans. I believe a FG TD just found out we've a health issue.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,592 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Matt Barrett - do not post in this thread again

• Advertisement
Advertisement