Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delta v Aer Lingus to NY

Options
  • 28-11-2019 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Hi y'all

I normally go Aer Lingus to NY. However I've been considering Delta for a different experience. Specifically I'm tempted with their Delta Comfort option.

Has anyone any recent experience with Delta to NY? Is there basic option comparable to that of Aer Lingus?

I'm even considering forking out for the Delta One option?........ maybe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Flew Delta about a month ago, outward to Atlanta, inward from JFK.

On the Atlanta flight we had a modern aircraft that was very comfortable, even in steerage. Coming home it was an older plane and not as comfortable and it may have been my mind playing tricks on me but I felt like I had less leg room too.

I've never been a fan of the food on Aer Lingus transatlantic flights but I actually enjoyed the food on Delta, complimentary beer too! A nice touch I thought which I hadn't seen before was when you get on board they give you a menu listing the food available and when it will be served.

The entertainment was grand on the way out, didn't really try it on the way home so can't comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Just flew back with Aer Lingus (usually fly Delta with who I have status so always get bumped to Comfort +, complimentary).

Airline food is much of a muchness, but I thought Delta were better. They also have complimentary beer and wine.

Aer Lingus no longer provide blankets on outbound daytime flights. Selecting/changing seats on Aer Lingus is an ordeal. You can purchase duty free on inbound flights with Aer Lingus but not with Delta.

If flying into JFK, Delta's Terminal 4 has much more eating/shopping outlets compared to Terminal 5 which leaves a lot to be desired as it's JetBlue's domestic terminal with only a handful of daily international flights.

If prices/timings were comparable I'd fly Delta.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Just flew back with Aer Lingus (usually fly Delta with who I have status so always get bumped to Comfort +, complimentary).

Airline food is much of a muchness, but I thought Delta were better. They also have complimentary beer and wine.

Aer Lingus no longer provide blankets on outbound daytime flights. Selecting/changing seats on Aer Lingus is an ordeal. You can purchase duty free on inbound flights with Aer Lingus but not with Delta.

If flying into JFK, Delta's Terminal 4 has much more eating/shopping outlets compared to Terminal 5 which leaves a lot to be desired as it's JetBlue's domestic terminal with only a handful of daily international flights.

If prices/timings were comparable I'd fly Delta.

Thanks for that.

At the moment Aer Lingus is €396 return and Delta is €542 which is a no brainer. (Although Aer Lingus will go up tomorrow)

Out of curiosity, I was looking at Comfort + when the prices were cheaper a few months back. Is it worth paying the extra for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

paying extra is relative - do you want extra leg room , priority boarding and more comfortable seats - everything else is the same (however, I do get free bags on domestic US flights with my status).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Comfort plus isn't much of an upgrade at all. Just a little more legroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

The things I normally look for when it comes to down to it are price, timing and service level. In my opinion, delta to JFK wins on all three counts.

Advertisement