Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joint Mortgage application

Options
  • 28-11-2019 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hello everyone. I hope someone can help me. I and my missus are looking to apply for a mortgage after she returns from maternity leave. The question is how long as a second applicant ( I'm in permanent job for 6years) she has to work in new job to be entitled to apply for mortgage,
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Many banks will expect the same criteria of both applicants. Brokers can often find ways around these kind of stipulations. We used an excellent broker recommended through boards, pm me if you'd like his details.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭BaguMka

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Many banks will expect the same criteria of both applicants. Brokers can often find ways around these kind of stipulations. We used an excellent broker recommended through boards, pm me if you'd like his details.

Thanks for reply. I have read somewhere that second applicant (not major) can be employed for 6 months only. I might be mistaken
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 31 TheDalioLama

The criteria will vary from bank to bank but most will require her to have passed her probation period with the new employer (usually six months).

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭BaguMka

The criteria will vary from bank to bank but most will require her to have passed her probation period with the new employer (usually six months).

Thanks for reply. I hope after 6 months the banks are able to calculate annual salary without p60

• Registered Users Posts: 31 TheDalioLama

BaguMka wrote: »
    Thanks for reply. I hope after 6 months the banks are able to calculate annual salary without p60

Should be ok once they are happy with payslips and salary cert from employer

• Advertisement
Advertisement