Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony bravia or something else??

Options
  • 29-11-2019 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Sony Bravia 49" 4K Ultra HD HDR LED Smart TV | KD49XG9005BU I'm looking at buying this in harvey norman before the black friday sale ends tonight, anyone have any opinions or is there something better I could go for? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Maybe try the requests thread, this the BA thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

PerryB78 wrote: »
    Sony Bravia 49" 4K Ultra HD HDR LED Smart TV | KD49XG9005BU I'm looking at buying this in harvey norman before the black friday sale ends tonight, anyone have any opinions or is there something better I could go for? Thanks

Yeh to another forum:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

[PHP][/PHP]
    While you are in the wrong forum😄, I think Sony offer the best TVs at whatever price point you are buying. Great pic, ease of use, reliability etc. Some people do not like Android TVs but I am a big fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Coill1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

This is one of the best tv's in the range and it's the cheapest I've seen it yet. Great deal IMHO

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/hisense-hisense-h55u7buk-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-freeview-play-smart-tv/1600371400.prd#sku=sku21707263

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

awhir wrote: »
    This is one of the best tv's in the range and it's the cheapest I've seen it yet. Great deal IMHO

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/hisense-hisense-h55u7buk-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-freeview-play-smart-tv/1600371400.prd#sku=sku21707263

I'd trouble with a TV I bought from littlewoods before, they are horrendous from them, I'd spend more to buy elsewhere rather than deal with them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Esse85 wrote: »
    I'd trouble with a TV I bought from littlewoods before, they are horrendous from them, I'd spend more to buy elsewhere rather than deal with them again.

You could get the price matched by richer sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭bonjurkes

9005 part of the product code means that, it has good specs. 7 is cheap, 8 is moderate and 9 is upper model of each series. Like better cpu/ram, more hdmi ports etc. just keep that in mind when you are comparing it with other TVs.

On the other hand, you can go with a dumber tv and buy something like Nvidia shield to bring proper smartness to your TV. I like LG but their smart part is stupid.

Also, just keep in mind that lots of the deals (excluding this Sony one) are skimmed versions of the proper model TVs just to offer cheaper price. Another thing is harvey norman is "always" on sale, so their price might not be special for black friday.

Just take a deep breath (they will not run out of TVs for sure) and compare prices. I have 49KD8088 (2016 model I think) and I got Android 8 update this year, so Sony is good with providing software updates.

But I am eyeing on Phillips TVs also because of Ambilight feature but perhaps not this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I've had a Sony 55" tv for a couple of years now, the picture is superb especially for SD content like normal tv(something Sony is well known for). My 2 main issues with it were backlight bleeding and the Android OS is pretty poor. I recently got an LG oled tv and the webos is so much better but it doesn't upscale SD content as good as the Sony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,128 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Same tv is €200 cheaper in Richer Sounds

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

Esse85 wrote: »

Ordered a Nintendo switch from Littlewoods at 6:30pm yesterday, received no confirmation email, so rang them this morning,

it seems their customer service is located overseas, was put on hold for ten minutes and then they hung up,
    I rang back and was speaking to a lady who informed me that the payment never went through so I was wasn't charged,
    I informed her that the money has been taken from my account so I was charged, she said she was going to contact some other department, back on hold, came back on to tell me that they weren't open until Monday and to ring back then, I then seen that a lot of people have been reporting similar issues with Littlewoods on trustpilot, so in other words, stay well clear of this shower

Advertisement