Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Mediocrity and Late, Late Toyshow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

It's more nostalgia to when it was a good show.

These days it resembles more of a kids talent show. They throw in the kid who has cancer or is blind or has spinda bifida for the misery slot

I wouldn't waste your time to be honest

I’ve this theory that Irish people are amongst the most suggestible breed of people on the planet.
    (I don’t want to say fickle or easily led but that’s what I mean really).
    If RTE and other media say long and loud enough that the LLTS is great crack/national treasure/best night in of the year/unmissable etc then people fall in line like sheep, and it quickly becomes sacrilege to say anything to the contrary.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

splinter65 wrote: »
    I’ve this theory that Irish people are amongst the most suggestible breed of people on the planet.
    (I don’t want to say fickle or easily led but that’s what I mean really).
    If RTE and other media say long and loud enough that the LLTS is great crack/national treasure/best night in of the year/unmissable etc then people fall in line like sheep, and it quickly becomes sacrilege to say anything to the contrary.

I'll be watching something else. It's all ahhhhhsss and ooohhsssssssss. Hopefully Ryan has the decency to stay away from the "snow" tonight

Seriously, don't waste your time

I'll be watching something else. It's all ahhhhhsss and ooohhsssssssss. Hopefully Ryan has the decency to stay away from the "snow" tonight

Seriously, don't waste your time

It’s odd. The OP was savaged for criticising the show but no one has shown up to give me any reasons why I should watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

jmayo wrote: »
    Ahhh go ....

It must be exhausting to be forever making excuses for chancers.
    Oh wait with the amount of posting you do it is evident it must be your actual living.

Why is it racist to now call out chancers?
    I don't give two fooks where you come from, be it down the road a half a mile, Western Africa, the Balkans, if you are a chancer you are a chancer.

And RTE like a lot of the vested industry around here are forever pushing chancers.

You know what you and gemma can do ...

...in a thread on the toy show?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 white devil

Watch the LLTS and get in touch with your inner jimmy saville.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Odhinn wrote: »
    ...in a thread on the toy show?

And what better example of a chancer than the gimp presenting it.

Anyone want to argue that ?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Well, this thread has been a cheery start to the weekend....
    :(

Gynoid wrote: »

Are you seriously going to let a couple of posters criticising a tv show get you into such a bad mood?Whats the problem? Is it unirish or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Are you seriously going to let a couple of posters criticising a tv show get you into such a bad mood?Whats the problem? Is it unirish or something?

I was being funny. Well trying to be and failing, obviously. It's just silly that a thread about the toy show is so cranky. I don't watch the toy show but I'd say there are probably fun bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,529 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Whoop whoop Toy Show soon!!!

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

jmayo wrote: »
    I don't give two fooks where you come from, be it down the road a half a mile, Western Africa, the Balkans, if you are a chancer you are a chancer.

We know, you mention it in every single thread.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Gynoid wrote: »

so, back to the Toy Show...

not too many toys in it this year, from what i remember, nerf guns, and a race track that didn't work. not many books in the book section, or little talk of them at least.

and what was the whole recycling thing about?

in before thread lock. I haven't see Late Late Toy Show sticks on shop doors this year either unlike last year. What happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Lots of diversity boxes ticked, lots of future talent on display although who the f**k thought that a depressing piece such as Grace was a good piece for what is supposed to be a fun programme. Makes me nostalgic for the years gone by that the programme was actually about the toys and the kids demonstrating them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,532 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I love the Toy Show.

I feel sorry for a lot of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Transginger

I think it's the one time a year Ryan finds his groove. One show a year. They should have him on once a year like a lanky mediocre Santa.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I don't have access to RTE as I live in the land that the aristocracy abandoned in 1921, my sky is broke.

I don't have access to RTE as I live in the land that the aristocracy abandoned in 1921, my sky is broke.

The same aristocracy that is trying to abandon Limerick at the moment I gather.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Arghus wrote: »
    I love the Toy Show.

Grand. You are brainwashed by that ****e. The rest of us have a life

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Edgware wrote: »
    Grand. You are brainwashed by that ****e. The rest of us have a life

were you watching it so, yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Most of the kids on it look like they need a good bullying to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Blind Eagle

FTA69 wrote: »

Hahah what a contribution

Arghus wrote: »
    I love the Toy Show.

If you’re an adult and you don’t understand why lots of other adults find the toy show and all the hype that goes with it nonsense, then I feel sorry for you.

Yes of course. A good bullying was character building and there were never any long term consequences for either the bully or the bullied, were there?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,358 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I think it’s atrocious. So OTT contrived...and about as interesting and exciting as a live Daniel O’Donnell show!

Both celebs have the same "true clout" in the respective contexts of Toys and the other Country & Western music.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Why has it become the norm to promote harm to children on this site?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭10pennymixup

If you’re an adult and you don’t understand why lots of other adults find the toy show and all the hype that goes with it nonsense, then I feel sorry for you.

And if you're an adult that doesn't understand that a lot of other adults find the Toy Show an enjoyable experience, whatever their reason, then you are far more narrow minded than you think.

I can see it for what it is and agree with some that it could be described as low grade programming, but who cares.....I'm Irish and it's a bit of craic. And it's Christmas FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,643 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

osarusan wrote: »
    Tonight's the night the Billy Barry clan go rogue, spraying the audience with bullets and adorning the studio Christmas tree with Tubs' decapitated skull.

Ah well. Next year maybe.

• Advertisement

And if you're an adult that doesn't understand that a lot of other adults find the Toy Show an enjoyable experience, whatever their reason, then you are far more narrow minded than you think.

I can see it for what it is and agree with some that it could be described as low grade programming, but who cares.....I'm Irish and it's a bit of craic. And it's Christmas FFS.

Let’s look at the LLTS:
    A live audience made up entirely of adults dressed as elves, no children allowed.
    Broadcast start 2 hours after most children’s bedtime.
    Hardly any “toys” featured.
    Some children brought on “perform” but continually talked over by suspiciously manic host.
    Host spends 3 hours ensuring that he, not any of the children, is front and centre of the show, this in the middle of a media storm over his vulgar 1/2 million salary.
    Host could have been one of many children’s program presenters, but no...
    The LLTS should be:
    Filmed and broadcast live on a Saturday morning in December in front of a live audience of children and parents hosted by an experienced children’s tv presenter featuring children demonstrating toys interspersed with some performances by children whose names have been pulled out of a hat.
    Toys and Christmas belong to children.
    There is enough tv scheduled for you my friend without having to tailor a kids programme to amuse you.

Advertisement