Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell S2719DGF 27" Monitor

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Not sure if there is still a premium on gsync monitors compared to freesync monitors? Did you compare both just to ses if indeed its a good bit cheaper.
    What i can say is i have the same panel on my Gsync version and its very close to my IPS next to it in terms of colours, you really have to sit and take a close look to notice the difference.
    Some people will try to say cant compare IPS and TN, trust me you can with this panel,its remarkable how close it is to IPS.
    Its a Dell it will last forever too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That all seems to be the general consensus alright. The GSync one is a good chunk more expensive (almost £200), and the machine it's being matched with is gonna have a Radeon 5700 in it anyway, so we should be grand with the "F" variant.

Thanks for the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Not to put a damper on things for you shiminay but trying to run games at 1440p at 144hz takes a monster card,especially new blockbuster games..im using a 2080 running games at 1440p at 144/165 hz and it struggles at high/ultra..just a heads up,im sure someone here will prove me wrong and thats fine...its just my personal experience

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah you will have to turn down a few things to get close to a solid 144 but tbh most ultra settings are fugly and just bloatware imo.
    Once your getting 90+fps/hz your sorted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Oh yea, I'm well aware :) Have a GSync monitor at home myself that's only 1080p and only have a 970 powering it - not a lot of things get consistently past 100FPS :) But the next card I get for that machine will almost certainly be more up for the task. I appreciate the heads up though folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

The Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD-EK 27" is down to £434.95 on amazon.co.uk,when brought through to the checkout is £445 (€540).

And the LG 27 GL850-B is available on the spanish amazon for €517 delivered.

Both are 1440p 144Hz IPS monitors that are well reviewed if you could spend a bit more. I reckon im gonna grab the gigabyte just so if returns are nessacery sending to the UK should be easier.

EDIT: Scratch the LG off that,its back up to €604:(

That Aorus one has some of the slowest response times for an IPS panel as far as i'm aware.

That Aorus one has some of the slowest response times for an IPS panel as far as i'm aware.

When compared too?

Other IPS panels of a similar price. :pac:

Well normally id expect at least one example to back up the statement:pac:

Watch the hardware unboxed video review of the aorus,you will see the response times there,bout 8.5ms average. Also lists a lot of other monitors on the list to compare against. I think looking at that list its about average.

The LG i posted would be better but theres no stock of that around and if its around its usually overpriced.

The msi optix mpg27cq was another i had an eye on for black friday seems to be out of stock most places now.

• Advertisement

I read that MSI one has some issues with Gsync compatibility. Screen flickering, etc.

There was an LG one available on Amazon during the week which was the same as the 850 but without the wide color gamut and it was going for 330 sterling. Sold out everywhere too now.

Thats the LG Ultragear 27GL83A-B.

Amazon have it delisted now,missed it by a few hours:(

EDIT: Its actually available from amazon.de for €519 delivered

I think I'll go with a VA panel with my next monitor. I don't really play fast paced competitive games and i hate IPS glow even though it's not too bad on my current monitor.

Ive been using VA for a good while now,probably why i want to go IPS this time!

No particular complaints about VA,i just fancy trying out a different panel type.

The last IPS i used was 6 years ago,a 60hz LG panel,still looks good the odd time i use it.

Advertisement