Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Doorbell Wiring

Options
  • 29-11-2019 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi, I need to upgrade my doorbell transformer to 24V for a smart doorbell but worried about the wiring. The house is about 30 years old and has the standard 2 wires to the doorbell. Will it hold the new voltage ok? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Smart doorbells such as the Nest Hello draw a very low current at what is defined as “extra low voltage”. The means that virtually any cable going from A to B that will physically fit into the terminals will be suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Beheretomorrow

Gargled wrote: »
    Hi, I need to upgrade my doorbell transformer to 24V for a smart doorbell but worried about the wiring. The house is about 30 years old and has the standard 2 wires to the doorbell. Will it hold the new voltage ok? Thanks

Also worth noting that nest hello works on 12v. Not widely published but true and validated

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Also worth noting that nest hello works on 12v. Not widely published but true and validated

It does, but it works best at 24V.

Advertisement