Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delete

Options
  • 29-11-2019 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭

Delete

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Honestly, I would leave her alone and stop badgering her. If my husband was nagging me about the same thing every day for 3 months he’d be divorced by now. Was there any concerns about the baby’s growth? Generally a baby is like a parasite. It will takes what it needs and it’s actually your wife’s health that could suffer. Obviously not a good thing but she’s entitled to a bit of body autonomy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    Sometimes you have to put others ahead of you. The health of an unborn child is worth fighting for.

Yes the baby is a little smaller than it should be.

It's a womens body, how dare you try and control it.

Has she any underlying issues around not eating a hand full of nuts or drinking water?

Sometimes you have to put others ahead of you. The health of an unborn child is worth fighting for.

Yes the baby is a little smaller than it should be.

You are making the situation worse by plaguing her about it. Trust me, she knows the sacrifice she’s making.

I don’t understand how you know exactly how much she is eating and drinking anyway. Are you together 24/7?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    It's a womens body, how dare you try and control it.

Has she any underlying issues around not eating a hand full of nuts or drinking water?

Asking my wife to eat the recommended amount of protein, and drink the recommended amount of water, to prevent a baby from having brain developmental issues isn't trying to control a woman's body.

This isn't a feminist issue, this is a health of an unborn child issue.

Two people make a baby and two people should have a say.

bee06 wrote: »
    You are making the situation worse by plaguing her about it. Trust me, she knows the sacrifice she’s making.

I don’t understand how you know exactly how much she is eating and drinking anyway. Are you together 24/7?

What do you mean I'm plaguing her about it? That's twice you've done this now. You've taken what I said and converted into some nagging divorce issue. Why are you doing this? You're making up some backstory.

We are together almost 24/7.

• Advertisement

What do you mean I'm plaguing her about it? That's twice you've done this now. You've taken what I said and converted into some nagging divorce issue. Why are you doing this? You're making up some backstory.

We are together almost 24/7.

You said you have been saying this to her every day for 3 months? Telling someone or asking someone to do something every day for months is over the top in my opinion? If I’ve misunderstood how you phrased it then sorry.

I’ll leave it there since you’ve deleted your original post.

bee06 wrote: »
    You said you have been saying this to her every day for 3 months? Telling someone or asking someone to do something every day for months is over the top in my opinion? If I’ve misunderstood how you phrased it then sorry.

You interpreted what I wrote in the most negative way possible, and tried to make this about body autonomy and brought up divorce.

When all I want is advice on how to get my wife to drink the doctor recommended amount of water, and eat the doctor recommended amount of protein, to prevent our unborn baby having any issues.

But god damn, some people here need to push their issues onto everything.

I should have known this would happen when I made this thread. Hence why I'm deleting all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭zapper55

OP due to morning sickness in the first 3 months I never had had the right amount of protein or water.

I'm 5 months now and my baby is measuring exactly as they should be. A baby will take all the nutrients from its mother's body and its the mother that won't feel great if she doesn't have enough water, the baby will be fine.

From the other posts I gather the baby is measuring small. Has her doctor explicitly said that that's due to what she eats or are you assuming that the case?

Also it's very counter productive to keep bringing it up. I'd imagine she blocks you out at this stage. How is she feeling? Does the mention of this stress her out? That stress could be worse than any lack of protein.

Advertisement