Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of stud partition wall in cottage

Options
  • 29-11-2019 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi - Does a quote of €2,780 is about right for a floor-to-ceiling, double-skinned wooden partition wall with a door in the middle. Width 16', height around 12'. This is to re-instate the tongue-and-groove partition in the old farm cottage which was taken out to repoint and replaster the walls. I'm told the wood will be red deal. I will try uploading an image of the original partition to give an idea.

I am enquiring because the quote was twice what I expected.............but I may be out of touch. Location is rural Mayo where there is a definite shortage of carpenter availability so that might be driving the price up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Hi, did you get sorted with the partition wall in the end?

I am looking to get one done as well but can’t find anyone interested or to give me a quote.

Chisler2 wrote: »
    Hi - Does a quote of €2,780 is about right for a floor-to-ceiling, double-skinned wooden partition wall with a door in the middle. Width 16', height around 12'. This is to re-instate the tongue-and-groove partition in the old farm cottage which was taken out to repoint and replaster the walls. I'm told the wood will be red deal. I will try uploading an image of the original partition to give an idea.

I am enquiring because the quote was twice what I expected.............but I may be out of touch. Location is rural Mayo where there is a definite shortage of carpenter availability so that might be driving the price up.

Advertisement