Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Feedback need calrification

Options
  • 29-11-2019 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi There,
    I have ordered a phone for my wife from eglobal. Couple of days ago, they sent me a tracking link to WnDirect, which shows that the parcel was despatched to An Post with a tracking code ends in IE.

When I tried to track this code, An post shows nothing, and the send me email says the following:

"We are currently unable to provide the delivery record you have
    requested. No signature is provided for items sent by Express Post or
    Standard Post."

I did not get what was actually missing here.:cool:

I would appreciate if somone could help clarifing this feedback.

Thanks in advance

egyman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

egyman wrote: »
    Hi There,
    I have ordered a phone for my wife from eglobal. Couple of days ago, they sent me a tracking link to WnDirect, which shows that the parcel was despatched to An Post with a tracking code ends in IE.

When I tried to track this code, An post shows nothing, and the send me email says the following.

"We are currently unable to provide the delivery record you have
    requested. No signature is provided for items sent by Express Post or
    Standard Post."

I did not get what was actually missing here.:cool:

I would appreciate if somone could help clarifing this feedback.

Thanks in advance

egyman

The phone is probably still in transit and hasn't arrived in Dublin yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 egyman

gerard2210 wrote: »
    The phone is probably still in transit and hasn't arrived in Dublin yet.

Thanks a lot Gerard for replying me. WnDirect says on their page that "Elec Advice recd by carrier".

Do you mean the phone is with An post but not entered Ireland yet? This is was on 26 Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭tphase

Thanks a lot Gerard for replying me. WnDirect says on their page that "Elec Advice recd by carrier".

Do you mean the phone is with An post but not entered Ireland yet? This is was on 26 Nov.
    I read that as your is ready to ship and the shipment information has been received by the carrier that will actually transport it (unlikely to be An Post). Once it gets to Ireland it will be scanned by An Post and it will show up on their tracking system. Your package is probably part of a consolidated shipment so the carrier will either wait for the container to fill or they ship on a set schedule, hence the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Not with a post yet, in a shipping container waiting to be dispatched. There's a few threads on here about eglobal and long delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 egyman

Thanks Lads,
    I called An post and what you explained was right. The shipment has not been in Ireland yet.

Eglobal the last time to deal with!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement