Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise on what’s the best smart security cams

• 29-11-2019 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

Looking for advice on what smart security cam to buy?
    I seen deal for nest cam but think you need to have supscription to use it? I want something that won’t require subscription for the basic requirements... alerts of intruders and footage of criminals in off-chance someone did break in!

Is there are any online black fri deals at present ? 😊

Ps Wouldn’t mind having facility where I could see and talk back to my dog also

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

LillySV wrote: »
    Hi folks

Looking for advice on what smart security cam to buy?
    I seen deal for nest cam but think you need to have supscription to use it? I want something that won’t require subscription for the basic requirements... alerts of intruders and footage of criminals in off-chance someone did break in!

Is there are any online black fri deals at present ? ��

Ps Wouldn’t mind having facility where I could see and talk back to my dog also

Arlo Pro 2

Or

Blink XT2

Depending on budget...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Arlo Pro 2

Or

Blink XT2

Depending on budget...

What’s the advantages of these over the others or indeed the difference between both?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

The pro 2 is a system that can be added to, has security lights, doorbells, built in siren & 7 days free cloud storage plus allows you to use local storage for extra security. They are coming out with a security system shortly and have the ability to add 2k and 4k cameras (but with a subscription). They can be used indoors, outdoors, plugged in, solar powered or battery powered... There are options for remote locations via sim card and have loads of accessories and mounting options. Also has advanced features like geofencing, two way audio, 3 second recording before motion is triggered... Batteries are rechargeable and replaceable.

The Blink cameras are indoor/outdoor, have 2000 seconds of free cloud storage and good value. Batteries are standard AA.

Not many other good quality cameras with free cloud storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Bluefoam wrote: »
    The pro 2 is a system that can be added to, has security lights, doorbells, built in siren & 7 days free cloud storage plus allows you to use local storage for extra security. They are coming out with a security system shortly and have the ability to add 2k and 4k cameras (but with a subscription). They can be used indoors, outdoors, plugged in, solar powered or battery powered... There are options for remote locations via sim card and have loads of accessories and mounting options. Also has advanced features like geofencing, two way audio, 3 second recording before motion is triggered... Batteries are rechargeable and replaceable.

The Blink cameras are indoor/outdoor, have 2000 seconds of free cloud storage and good value. Batteries are standard AA.

Not many other good quality cameras with free cloud storage.

Thanks i want something that will give me piece of mind but at same time don’t want to buy crap that doesn’t work great. They sound good

Advertisement