Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting down an apple tree in Nenagh

Options
  • 29-11-2019 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭

The apples were red!
    Anyway and in the process of cutting it down, anyone interested in it for wood turning, I will measure girth etc tomorrow but just wondering before I make firewood out of it.
    I have it cut at the moment into lengths I can't lift!

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Shtanto

The apples were red!
    Anyway and in the process of cutting it down, anyone interested in it for wood turning, I will measure girth etc tomorrow but just wondering before I make firewood out of it.
    I have it cut at the moment into lengths I can't lift!

Oh cool! Are you anywhere near harbour house shooting range? I'm in Dublin myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

They are all about 4 feet long, the main trunk is still in place till the new year.
    Will measure girths tomorrow.
    In passing, what is min diameter, say for turning pens/bowls.
    I have noticed that the tree is not circular, see picture

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Shtanto

Hi Calahonda,

These look ideal. Apple is a lovely material to work with. I'll send you a PM with my number and hopefully hear from you tomorrow :)

Thanks,
    Eoghan

**Lads and Lassies: this timber is in Nenagh Co Tipperary**
    Judging by the PM's the location is being missed :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yeah, i'd have been all over it like a rash if it was nearer. it's lovely wood to turn.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hey I've got someone local who is very interested please pm?.

So its all gone, with the still remaining trunk pre-sold.
    thanks to all of you who came with the chocs and wine:D

Advertisement