Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Color RX 5700 XT?

Options
  • 29-11-2019 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭

Anyone have much info on this card?

I know their Red Dragon variant is well regarded, but this is a basically unnamed dual fan non-red dragon variant?

Seems a very good price for a non-blower model of the 5700 XT?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Info on that model is hard to come by, it might be alright though - PowerColor's other models (Red Dragon & Red Devil) are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

A number of reviews and YouTube videos I read/saw over the last two weeks while I was trying to narrow down the 5700xt I want , generally suggested spending to get the version up as this model can get loud and hot fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

TheDoc wrote: »
    A number of reviews and YouTube videos I read/saw over the last two weeks while I was trying to narrow down the 5700xt I want , generally suggested spending to get the version up as this model can get loud and hot fast

So I get what you're saying, but this 5700xt is only £4 more expensive than the Red Dragon non-XT card.

The red dragon XT is substantially more, but comes with something like 2.3% performance uplift from the factory overclock.

I have no intention of overclocking or playing with power tables, and I don't mind it being a little Louder than the best partner cards, once it's not like a leaf blower.

I just don't see any other card being as good in terms of value for money?

It's only £35 more than the cheapest partner model of the non-XT on the market!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It will be fine. I have a reference model XT and find it grand. I wear headphones while gaming so can't hear it but sometimes I play through speakers and you only hear it when the game is silent while gaming with decent sound it is fine.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I have this exact model. Nothing wrong with it. It's not loud or hot tbh, at least in my case (mATX one)

• Advertisement
Advertisement