Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One X How long is warranty

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Vicxas wrote: »
    I worked in Xbox Support years ago and it was 2 year warranty for the Xbox in Ireland, I've no idea why they're only trying to peddle 1 year now.

Yep spoke to support again this morning.
    Still saying only a year.

And they are not moving on that.

They want me to pay 240 for the hdmi port repair.

I can get it done locally for 60 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Microsoft are correct here. From 2017 it was 1 year warranty on Xbox One consoles. This is Xbox consoles destined for the Irish market. I assume consoles purchased on Amazon.co.uk etc would be showing up as 2 years. As previously posted though you can go down the small claims court route if it’s a manufacturing defect.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I've arranged to drop it to a repair centre.

It'll cost me 60 euros but at least I won't be without it for Xmas.

Quick update.
    There was nothing wrong with the xbox!!!
    An update somehow changed the bitrate in the tv settings to 10 bits.

I changed it to 12 bits and it now works 100%.

Thanks to the lads in Mr Ink in Clondalkin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Deal with Microsoft directly, I find them very good to deal with. They will give you a shipping label to put on the package, you drop it off at UPS and get regular updates on the progress. Microsoft will look at it and either repair or replace. Some things cant be repaired and they'll know straight away to just ship out a replacement so make sure you give proper details of the problem. Dont quote me as I may be wrong but I think the hdmi port is integrated into the motherboard so I'd imagine you're looking at a replacement.

Had a similar problem with the Red Ring of Death (who hasnt at one stage or another) on the 360 a good few years back. Microsoft got back to me within a week and offered a reconditioned machine. I cannot recall if the warranty was just out of date or what, but I was changing anways from a 360 to an Xbox One. I was happy with the result as I had written off the machine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement