Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whinge-athons and commutawhining

Options
  • 30-11-2019 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

With the amount of whinging, sarcasm and general negativity surrounding commuting by bicycle showing no signs of abating, after years of support being dished out on this forum, is it time to abandon these threads to more appropriate areas of boards ?

In my view, they don't enrich the culture of cycling at all.

Alternatively, if there is another cycling forum where this carry on is not encouraged...please point me in that direction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Whole heartedly agree, majority of those posts belong in "commuting and transport" not in a sports forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

cunavalos wrote: »
    Whole heartedly agree, majority of those posts belong in "commuting and transport" not in a sports forum.

Oh no! Not this one again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

This is actually well covered in the forum charter under the negativity rule. Report the posts and they will be actioned where possible but other than that, simply don't read them is all I can say. Not entirely sure which threads bar near misses or journalism that are being referred too.

Why start a new thread for this OP? You already asked Santy for it so at least give him until the 25th to deliver :pac:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111876605&postcount=25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

He has declined my request, sadly. He said the twitter mob might brand him a bigot.

He can't even get insurance these days!

• Advertisement
Advertisement