Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Building a versatile simulator. €3-5k budget

• 30-11-2019 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I've decided to build a project for rapid prototyping a flight simulator to use with all of the major off the shelf simulation such as X plane, MSFS 2020, and Prepar3d.

Joysticks, throttles, yokes are less important than the panels and screens.

I own today:
    multiple VR/XR headsets (just so people know not to suggest VR)
    Saitek x52 Pro (happy to replace)
    Powerful pc based on 2080TI

The idea here is to have a focus on light aircraft but also support heavies, with a focus on Airbus rather than Boeing.

A Garmin 1000 unit seems to be a must for GA and will be part of this budget.

Ideally I'd like to buy something like the thrust master warthog, some radio and switching panels, basic Flight instruments, perhaps an MCDU, the garmin 1000 sim screen system, a seat, frame, rudder, and selection of large touchscreens.
    If an overhead panel in physical or touchscreen form could be achieved in budget all the better.

Support multiple aircraft. No problem if one is to a high level and others to lower.
    No real space limitation.
    Black Friday is on now and good deals are to be had.
    Shroud/chassis not necessary

I'd like to have it built by next weekend

I'm open to all suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 VRnam

Update

Ordered:
    Thrustmaster Warthog (Throttle and Stick)
    Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder

• Registered Users Posts: 3 VRnam

VRnam wrote: »
    Update

Ordered:
    Thrustmaster Warthog (Throttle and Stick)
    Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder

Have also purchased the RealSimGear G1000 Suite for X-Plane and P3D.

Advertisement