Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dara Murphy TD gorging at the trough?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

It looks very bad for Leo.

His leadership style and authority is very weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

McMurphy wrote: »
    Seems Dara is going to cooperate after all, albeit with an 'independent' inquiry.

Dara Murphy says will co-operate with ‘independent’ inquiry

However don't bank on leo pursuing it too ardently. As I was saying above, about him (Leo) being fully aware of Murphy double jobbing.....

Another thorn in Leo's side.

I don`t see how Varadkar can refuse an "independent" inquiry, but I would not stake the house on it beginning, (if it ever does), until after the general election.

It`s one thing talking about an inquiry when you know it is not possible to carry it out in the form you are talking about. A whole different ball game when the other lad is threatening to come out swinging from his well paid seat in Brussels that you congratulated him on getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭Augme

charlie14 wrote: »
    I don`t see how Varadkar can refuse an "independent" inquiry, but I would not stake the house on it beginning, (if it ever does), until after the general election.

It`s one thing talking about an inquiry when you know it is not possible to carry it out in the form you are talking about. A whole different ball game when the other lad is threatening to come out swinging from his well paid seat in Brussels that you congratulated him on getting.

An inquiry is a waste of time though. It's all a charade, they will be happy to have an independent inquiry and Dara Murphy will be cleared. He hasn't done anything outside of the rules, the problem is the rules are a joke. The rules needs to change, and not the rules in whether you can investigate ex TDs or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 nyck04

Dara Murphy was the FG elected representative for Cork North Central, a predominantly working class region struggling with many of the issues that afflict the lower classes of urban Europe.
    Yet this entitled slob felt he was entitled to take up a second position in another EU country while claiming expenses for non-attendance in the Irish parliament. This is a disgusting human being.

Would be interesting to know how many days he spent in Belgium during this time. Was it enough time for Murphy to become a tax resident of Belgium. If this is the case then I really hope he has declared his income in Belgium where taxes are significantly higher than in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

nyck04 wrote: »
    Dara Murphy was the FG elected representative for Cork North Central, a predominantly working class region struggling with many of the issues that afflict the lower classes of urban Europe.
    Yet this entitled slob felt he was entitled to take up a second position in another EU country while claiming expenses for non-attendance in the Irish parliament. This is a disgusting human being.

Would be interesting to know how many days he spent in Belgium during this time. Was it enough time for Murphy to become a tax resident of Belgium. If this is the case then I really hope he has declared his income in Belgium where taxes are significantly higher than in Ireland.

Murphy claims it was with the full backing of FG, so in fairness it shows the contempt FG has for voters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Augme wrote: »
    An inquiry is a waste of time though. It's all a charade, they will be happy to have an independent inquiry and Dara Murphy will be cleared. He hasn't done anything outside of the rules, the problem is the rules are a joke. The rules needs to change, and not the rules in whether you can investigate ex TDs or not.

The whole thing is a sham from the beginning, but I must admit to a bit of perverse pleasure in seeing both Murphy and Varadkar trying to spin their way out of it where nobody believes a word from either.

I missed this before Xmas.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/dara-murphy-refuses-scrutiny-of-dail-expenses-971957.html
    Fine Gael’s former double-jobbing TD, Dara Murphy, is refusing to have his Dáil attendance and expenses records scrutinised by a committee, despite demands by Taoiseach Leo Varadkar for him to do so.
    Mr Varadkar said he had tried in recent days to persuade Mr Murphy to put his expenses and Dáil records forward for examination, and he was “annoyed” that the former Fine Gael TD had refused to do so.

Stay classy Fine Gael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The real issue is Varadkar and FG were well aware. It was only when the public got wind and piped up that Leo pretended to be annoyed about it. As I say, is he looking at Kenny and others? Is he f***.

Fine Gael are hoping this gets forgotten after Xmas.

What great policies they have on expense corruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Fine Gael are hoping this gets forgotten after Xmas.

What great policies they have on expense corruption.

FG are hoping a lot of things are forgotten in the coming weeks and months as they try to buy our vote with promises and policies they previous castigated FF for.

The more responsible party indeed! All the electorate need to remember is that the reason they are histortically never returned to power (this time out only being because of Enda's crusade for personal "legacies", and only by effectively handing the keys to FF anyway) is because they are WORSE in government than their main rivals.

Don't believe me? Look at the polls! As I said before: FG, making FF electable again! (I'm seriously thinking of copyrighting this :D)

• Advertisement

In case you missed it last night

Martin accuses Varadkar of doing a deal with Dara Murphy
    Questioned about former Cork North Central TD Dara Murphy, Mr Varadkar said: “He’s not a candidate in this general election. We’re not asking anyone to vote for him. He has said that he will cooperate with a statutory inquiry.

“The way he can do that is by writing a letter requesting an inquiry, and he should do that. We need to change the law on that.” However, Fianna Fáil leader and Cork South Central’s Micheál Martin hit back suggesting that the Taoiseach “made a deal” with Mr Murphy, and said that he endorsed and facilitated Dara Murphy working in Europe and neglecting his duties as a TD.

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Martin-accuses-Varadkar-of-doing-a-deal-with-Dara-Murphy-1687baaa-0a40-4b6d-90ca-8d680e128c40-ds

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Extremely-disappointing-Colm-Burke-criticises-Dara-Murphys-constituency-work--9b3f20ca-d1d6-431d-9952-16135af6f221-ds
    'Extremely disappointing': Colm Burke criticises Dara Murphy's constituency work

“It was extremely disappointing that that person was a member of Fine Gael and gave a commitment to serve the constituency, to deal with issues, whether it’s housing, healthcare, or infrastructure development. None of that was done.”

“I’m disappointed that someone got elected to represent the constituency and that representation did not take place and the backup support to constituents was not provided, even though funding was provided to him,” he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Colm better be on the lookout for a WhatsApp message informing him he's out on his ear like young Jude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

McMurphy wrote: »
    Colm better be on the lookout for a WhatsApp message informing him he's out on his ear like young Jude.

A snapchat so it disappears :)

Advertisement