Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The €3,000 per month luxury welfare apartments

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

lawred2 wrote: »

FF wholly own the reckless solo run bank guarantee.

That's what resulted in the IMF.

The IMF would have been called in regardless due to the state of the public finances.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Maybe we need the imf back ask them to stay permanently though this time. As criminal as ff are, there must be plenty of fg supporters on here. If I’m meant to be scared of putting ff back in , having seen what eight years or more of fg gets you. Not a chance. Just to have that offensive rat varadkar removed as Taoiseach with be enough , even if it is replacing one Mickey Mouse party with another.

The IMF would have been called in regardless due to the state of the public finances.

I wonder what the imf would make of the council deal ? If the brave men that won us independence, knew what they had fought for, for the smarmy rats running the country the last few decades. They’d have stayed in bed. We wouldn’t be having this conversation if we were under British rule. The welfare careerists would be collecting ten pounds not two hundred euro plus for their well deserved welfare bonus !

That money is in fact better staying in the pockets of those that earned it and to be spent on fine wine , cigars or cars etc than the dole rats spending it on coke , krispy donuts or the latest I phone...

• Site Banned Posts: 135 ✭✭Sloppy_Joe

I find it crazy that 10% of all new builds need to be social housing.

10 ****ing percent of people getting a free house? It's mad.

Another thing, why are they getting brand spanking new houses? Why aren't councils buying second hand houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,567 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

dont worry folks, the government offices are currently being cleaned and prepped for ff, all we need now is the great moderation part deux, to go full circle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

The other question is are these high end apartments the type that should be purchased for welfare recipients at all?

I'd argue no. Grossly unfair in my opinion.

And these ‘high end’ apartments will be in sh1te in no time. The vast majority of the recipients will not give a toss about keeping them in any sort of decent state.
    It’s just plain wrong.

Meanwhile, in breaking new, the DOJ has admitted that “the country is ‘perilously close’ to a situation where it cannot offer housing to asylum seekers”

No sh1t sherlock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

The country was not fine. Separate from the banks the deficit due to current expenditure overspending was 17% in 2010.

Not calling in the IMF would have been Planet of the Apes.

The country was brought to it's knees by wreckless spending and busted banks.

If people ever put FF back in charge they deserve all they get.

That applies to every party - not just to FF.

What genuinely depresses me is that some gullible people appear to believe that the clowns who pulled down the Northern Irish Assembly have the capability to be in government down here! I wouldn't trust them to take my dog for a walk.

So, in a way this is everyone's fault EXCEPT Fine Gael! Glad you cleared that up.
    Current FG leadership are wed to the policies of their predecessors whether they like it or not. Blame Enda Kenny and Michael Noonan.
    If there was a functioning opposition I'd say vote for them but there isn't.

People constantly bringing up ff. As if any of the other morons we have to vote for are better. At least removing a few more fg to from the gravy train will give me some pleasure. The country will still be run like **** of course, no alternative there ...

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭zeebre12

Sloppy_Joe wrote: »

Another thing, why are they getting brand spanking new houses? Why aren't councils buying second hand houses?

And no doubt they are decked out with flatscreen TVs, top of the range cookers/washing machines/dryers and an annual Sky Sports subscription. Is broadband provided free or do they have to use their 'own' money?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Things are fairly simple. All of us workers need to unionize and go the tractor way - block city center streets and refuse to move until widespread changes are agreed in writing. Starve them out.

Anything less is equivelent to doing nothing.

The workers of this country are getting it up the arse dry.

The likes of maggie cash getting free houses.

Government encouraging immigration - leading to lads from countries with lower standards than us who are delighted to be sharing a bedroom with 4 others.

The central bank mortgage rule of 3.5 times your salary. This is forcing people to rent, money down the drain! Then this is supplemented by REITS and Cuckoo funds buying up property. The government love this because if the arse fell out of property the billion dollar corps would be able to handle it. This also means the government get corp tax from all that juicy rent money!

It is shameful what has happened in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Councils are buying second hand houses too and able to outbid private buyers. They money they are spending could easily build social housing stock at less cost per unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,567 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

dole bashing threads just arent what they use to be, are we running out of ideas or something, do we need some hollywood gurus to show us how to do remakes or something?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Where do I apply for one of these apartments :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

you can't CPO below market value.
    If the government tear up the lease, then the cuckoo fund can go fuck themselves - having bought an apartment complex, based on the promise of corrupt government payments.

Then, when the individual units in the apartment complex go on sale privately, the 10-15% mandatory units for social housing can be bought wholesale by the council, at market rates - i.e. very very heavily discounted, compared to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    dole bashing threads just arent what they use to be, are we running out of ideas or something, do we need some hollywood gurus to show us how to do remakes or something?

Anger shouldn't be at those that will be inhabiting the apartments, many of whom may be carers etc.

It should be at those who a) waste this sort of public money (the council) and b) decisions that have been made to facilitate those that dont want to, or refuse to work, as well as encouraging bad life choices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

The country was not fine. Separate from the banks the deficit due to current expenditure overspending was 17% in 2010.

Not calling in the IMF would have been Planet of the Apes.

The country was brought to it's knees by wreckless spending and busted banks.

If people ever put FF back in charge they deserve all they get.

FG would have done no different in fact they are on record asking for more spending at the time. Two cheeks same arse.

Social housing isnt free.

zeebre12 wrote: »
    And no doubt they are decked out with flatscreen TVs, top of the range cookers/washing machines/dryers and an annual Sky Sports subscription. Is broadband provided free or do they have to use their 'own' money?

Their own money that most would have earned you know wiping your parents arses in nursing homes, delivering your Tesco food, cleaning your streets, working in homes for people with disabilites, minding your kids in creches etc...

• Advertisement

Social housing isnt free.

You're correct, the tax payers pay for it.

You're correct, the tax payers pay for it.

Exactly and the tenants pay rent. Not free.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Peppercorn rent. Far below market rate. It's a morally bankrupt and fiscally reckless approach to solving social housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Most claimants get €200 per week.

They pay around €20. As good as free. What percentage of income are most paying for the roof over their heads?

Let's inject some realism here.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Most claimants get €200 per week.

They pay around €20. As good as free. What percentage of income are most paying for the roof over their heads?

Let's inject some realism here.

Great. You'll have no problem providing evidence of your claim.

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Soon enough you'll only have a home if you are rich or poor. Screw the rest

They are expected to pay a pittance with the free money they get. Do one with that usual farcical argument! It’s ok though for the taxpayers to pay easily fifty plus percent of their after tax income on it ? Quit the trolling !

Boggles wrote: »
    Great. You'll have no problem providing evidence of your claim.

Link?

They are parasites ! Have you read the article linked to on the first page?

You present evidence that they aren’t parasites ...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Idbatterim wrote: »
    They are parasites ! Have you read the article linked to on the first page?

You present evidence that they aren’t parasites ...

Easy there Edgelord.

Someone made a claim, I asked them to back it up.

It's how things work.

Save your rage typing for someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Idbatterim wrote: »
    They are expected to pay a pittance with the free money they get. Do one with that usual farcical argument! It’s ok though for the taxpayers to pay easily fifty plus percent of their after tax income on it ? Quit the trolling !

But thats not on the inhabitants, its policy set out by the government - these are the ones that should get the blame (as you rightfully have).

Give a man a fishing rod and hell heat forever

Give them the prospect of a free baby and hell disappear, while the wife has another baby.

Social housing ranking should be based on contribution to society with carers etc above Micko who has never worked. But again its not Mickos fault its not, its the governments

Advertisement