Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The €3,000 per month luxury welfare apartments

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Idbatterim wrote: »
    yeah but can you blame him? the wasters dont need child care etc or two high incomes to get a mortgage in somewhere that isnt a kip!

Expect prices to fall in the immediate area, when they are hanging washing out from the tenth floor window. Driving scramblers inside dundrum town centre!
    I do blame him , yeah. It's moronic and then I end up having to pay for the IVF when a 45 year squeezes out her last precious autistic egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Complete bull****. Been hearing that one for a decade. It takes a long time when you don't really start.

I have time for the guy, but yes totally agree with you Matt. The council owns a lot of land in this area. Fasttrack planning for schemes of over one hundred can be gotten in months! The excuses are an insult at this stage!

I think the state should own land and build houses/ flats. This plan is absurd.

What the 'in my mind it's free' brigade are angry about is not this absurd PFI type deal but the idea of council housing.

I work a lot harder than these freloaders and contribute, where is my virtually free housing?

Mine would be virtually free as I would pay with money I earn. As opposed to the free money the welfarers get to "pay" "pay" their "rent"...

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭PeasantHater

Das Reich wrote: »
    I would not wait, the fertility of the women reduces with age but the proportion of risky pregnancies increases. You have the rest of life to save money, but a short time of life to make children.

Very true

I've hatched a plan anyway, gonna pack my Job in that I've spent years training for and working my way up too, divorce the wife, get her pregnant (my name going nowhere near the birth cert) She can pack the job in too.

Hopefully after this has come to fruition we'll be put away in a tasty 3k a month luxury condo.

Actually, the fact we've both been long term contributors the the tax take paying the marginal tax rate we'll prob be bottom of the barrell in the councils eyes.

Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Very true

I've hatched a plan anyway, gonna pack my Job in that I've spent years training for and working my way up too, divorce the wife, get her pregnant (my name going nowhere near the birth cert) She can pack the job in too.

Hopefully after this has come to fruition we'll be put away in a tasty 3k a month luxury condo.

Actually, the fact we've both been long term contributors the the tax take paying the marginal tax rate we'll prob be bottom of the barrell in the councils eyes.

Ah well.
    That's a great idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭victor8600

Hopefully after this has come to fruition we'll be put away in a tasty 3k a month luxury condo..

Please share your experiences here. I am personally not going to go this route, but it would be extremely interesting to see how you progress :) What county are you in?

Soon enough you'll only have a home if you are rich or poor. Screw the rest

This is almost the case as it is with healthcare. If you have an medical card not alone is everything free/almost free, but you are entitled to public health nurse visits and services that you simply cannot obtain by any means without it, as I found out when I developed a nasty abdominal post-op infection that the surgeon lanced open to drain and ordered a daily public nurse to attend to it, which was refused by HSE. It was quite an extraordinary situation that I was so unwell, living alone and yet denied the care because I had no medical card-there’s no private equivalent that I know of that I could have paid for and it was necessary for me to visit my GP’s surgery every day on crowded public transport as I was unable to drive as I was too ill.

Housing and just about everything for basic living is going in this direction. Either get rich enough (and manage to stay rich) that you can afford all your basic needs with complete ease or else go to the bottom rung financially and all your basics will be handed to you. The middle can, for many, be the toughest place to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Most people here rant everyday about the homeless.

The papers and left wing media moan everyday and blame the government.

What do you expect them to do?

This type of stuff is what the whingers have brought about.

Jacinta in the paper everyday giving out about her forever home.

Well folks this is what you get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Dawido

Very true

Ah well.

Great idea man, good luck.

no... no... I and many others, voted for FG, they are the largest party! They likely didnt get one vote from the welfare careerists, yet they are the ones they are bending over backwards for...

they are forgetting who put them there, and I wager they are going to be playing second fiddle to ff pretty soon, as a consequence!

• Advertisement

Very true

Ah well.

He would get a luxury apartment each as you would technically be “single” individuals. Then you could sub-let the spare luxury apartment and spend the income on nice holidays, hoping to hide it from the council-with brass neck and a canny head you would easily manage that.

victor8600 wrote: »
    Please share your experiences here. I am personally not going to go this route, but it would be extremely interesting to see how you progress :) What county are you in?

Dublin 14

Purchasing a house 1km from this development which over the 34 year mortgage will work out at 800k or there about.

He would get a luxury apartment each as you would technically be “single” individuals. Then you could sub-let the spare luxury apartment and spend the income on nice holidays, hoping to hide it from the council-with brass neck and a canny head you would easily manage that.

Excellent, this I will do

Dublin 14

Purchasing a house 1km from this development which over the 34 year mortgage will work out at 800k or there about.

hold off, the prices in the area will likely drop when this riff raff start arriving. Will probably have tents out on the balcony to also house their family and mates in a prime area!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭victor8600

Dublin 14

Ah nice. I have also heard that the Southside has less of a queue for social housing being more affluent while in the North Dublin queues are longer and there are less luxurious apartments to go around ;)

no... no... I and many others, voted for FG, they are the largest party! They likely didnt get one vote from the welfare careerists, yet they are the ones they are bending over backwards for...

they are forgetting who put them there, and I wager they are going to be playing second fiddle to ff pretty soon, as a consequence!

That isn’t the reason FG won’t be in charge next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Sounds like somebody votes Fine Gael, but expects everyone else to change government policy :):)

hold off, the prices in the area will likely drop when this riff raff start arriving. Will probably have tents out on the balcony to also house their family in mates in a prime area!

Boss, tax payers need social housing too. Just because people are poor doesn't mean they aren't working.

Boss, tax payers need social housing too. Just because people are poor doesn't mean they aren't working.

there should be a term for people not working getting housing for nothing, like council housing. Workers should be in "affordable housing" we should know who is who!

• Site Banned Posts: 35 joejoggs

For the money spent there I would either.

*Build new flats in the back arse of no where like Roscommon/Mayo with the very basics and as cheap as possible. Even shared bathrooms and kitchens I wouldn't be against.
    * Go onto Daft.ie and buy up the cheapest houses across all of Ireland. If you don't like the house been offered in Leitrim you can **** off

If they don't like either of these options they can **** off and be taken off the housing list.(Now this isn't against people who have genuinely fallen on hard times, but single mothers sprouting out children for a free gaff and welfare).

If you want a free gaff it shouldn't be given in Dublin. People who want to work commuting 1200 KMs a week or more and paying ridiculous rents.

Welfare is ridiculous in this country

• Advertisement

there should be a term for people not working getting housing for nothing, like council housing. Workers should be in "affordable housing" we should know who is who!

Decent working people are in need too. That's why numbers are so bad.
    We can't have such great employment figures and explain away the need for social housing on an ever dwindling number of chancers.

I'd cap Children's allowance at 2 kids. Have as many as you like but no more money.

Build social housing instead of leasing it or paying subsidies to private landlords or Hotel bills.

We can't have such great employment figures and explain away the need for social housing on an ever dwindling number of chancers.

I'd cap Children's allowance at 2 kids. Have as many as you like but no more money.

Build social housing instead of leasing it or paying subsidies to private landlords or Hotel bills.

agree about benefits cap, but in those cases, I would provide meals etc in school. Cant have the children going hungry because of ridiculously irresponsible parents...

They are building social housing.

Why should we build houses for everyone who suddenly wants one?

How many do you want built?

There is other things people want done with their taxes and not just free gaffs for everyone who is suddenly “homeless”

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

joejoggs wrote: »
    For the money spent there I would either.

*Build new flats in the back arse of no where like Roscommon/Mayo with the very basics and as cheap as possible. Even shared bathrooms and kitchens I wouldn't be against.
    * Go onto Daft.ie and buy up the cheapest houses across all of Ireland. If you don't like the house been offered in Leitrim you can **** off

If they don't like either of these options they can **** off and be taken off the housing list.(Now this isn't against people who have genuinely fallen on hard times, but single mothers sprouting out children for a free gaff and welfare).[/QUOTE]

they can't f/// off as it would be unviable, they have to be housed.
    your plan is quite likely unviable as it would require huge expence in infrastructure to support it and amenities, or if not that, then regeneration down the line.
    we already know this from the experience of building the tower blocks in the 60s.
    If you want a free gaff it shouldn't be given in Dublin.

if you are from dublin, and are in need of a subsidized house (there are no such thing as free houses) then it should so as to keep over all costs down, and not over-stretch the already struggling areas elsewhere who have their own to house.
    People who want to work commuting 1200 KMs a week or more and paying ridiculous rents.

something which would not change with your idea.
    they either already have mortgages and can't simply move, or with more workers the prices would go up unless a large scale program of builds happened in the cities.
    an only workers in a city and the poor and all else dumped in ghettoes down the back of nowhere policy is not going to happen, it has never truely been achieved anywhere either.
    Welfare is ridiculous in this country

it's really not.
    it provides a basic standard of living which is required for people to live a basic life and at least try keep us from having a situation where we have large scale crime.
    and yes i'm aware we do have crime by the way, but if the people here whining about wellfare had their way, it probably would be worse.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

if you are from dublin, and are in need of a subsidized house (there are no such thing as free houses) then it should so as to keep over all costs down, and not over-stretch the already struggling areas elsewhere who have their own to house.

Yes there is, if your going to the post office and getting your money for free and been charged out of this free money, then its a free house. No point beating around the bush here and probably only paying 50 a week out of their welfare for it, if even.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

it's really not.
    it provides a basic standard of living which is required for people to live a basic life and at least try keep us from having a situation where we have large scale crime.
    and yes i'm aware we do have crime by the way, but if the people here whining about wellfare had their way, it probably would be worse.
    Ah c'mon now.

People on welfare handed assets that workers earning 70k+ a year can't "afford".

Banks holding everyone to ransom, stuck in the rental market while Jacinta gets a brand new 2 bed worth 300k for €120 a month "for loife".

They are building social housing.

Why should we build houses for everyone who suddenly wants one?

How many do you want built?

There is other things people want done with their taxes and not just free gaffs for everyone who is suddenly “homeless”

Not enough.

We shouldn't. We should build for everyone who needs one.

True dat. Another liffey clock would be magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Yes there is, if your going to the post office and getting your money for free and been charged out of this free money, then its a free house. No point beating around the bush here and probably only paying 50 a week out of their welfare for it.

there isn't.
    they are subsidized houses.
    Taylor365 wrote: »
    Ah c'mon now.

People on welfare handed assets that workers earning 70k+ a year can't "afford".

Banks holding everyone to ransom, stuck in the rental market while Jacinta gets a brand new 2 bed worth 300k for €120 a month "for loife".

yes, because of the government policy to subsidize private land lords, hotel owners and keep property prices high to benefit already existing owners and the banks, rather then building houses.
    it is not because of the wellfare system itself that such issues exist.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

there isn't.
    they are subsidized houses.

yes, because of the government policy to subsidize private land lords, hotel owners and keep property prices high to benefit already existing owners and the banks, rather then building houses.
    it is not because of the wellfare system itself that such issues exist.

Subsidized by the government and then paying 50 a week out of their free money. There is a cost to the state and I repeat NO COST to the person living there.

The whole welfare situation is a shambles and you know too well that there is plenty of people taking advantage of it.

If there's opportunities there people will take advantage so the blame should really lie on the government.

I find it utterly revolting people are happy to stay on welfare and getting their free house and sprouting out more kids for more welfare.

I know people fall on hard times but people taking advantage of the situation is what irritates me and will never work a day in their lives.

• Advertisement

Not enough.

We shouldn't. We should build for everyone who needs one.

True dat. Another liffey clock would be magic.

Sure we all need houses.

So would that be 500,000 houses paid for by the taxpayer?

1 million?

Give us some numbers?

Advertisement