Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The €3,000 per month luxury welfare apartments

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Can men apply to adopt etc ? would that give you the same free meal ticket that a lot of women have the option of ? Assuming you can’t adopt without your own place. Where nobody can stop stacey being banged up at seventeen!

You won't be let adopt if you don't have a steady income, your own place etc.

And yet this eejit managed to get duffed accidentally twice. I could live with once, it happens and lord knows she ain't the first. But the second time (different guy) I was fit to strangle her.

The kids have no chance, even though they're lovely. No work ethic, no aspirations besides pumping out little drains on the Irish economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

You won't be let adopt if you don't have a steady income, your own place etc.

And yet this eejit managed to get duffed accidentally twice. I could live with once, it happens and lord knows she ain't the first. But the second time (different guy) I was fit to strangle her.

The kids have no chance, even though they're lovely. No work ethic, no aspirations besides pumping out little drains on the Irish economy.

I think that’s where our failed government have to step in force people to complete at least secondary education. I wouldn’t even pay put welfare until someone has paid into the system. Possibly pay our very little unless you get third level education. The system here causes the problems , Krystal and Sauvignon blanc are merely the effect.

I think that’s where our failed government have to step in force people to complete at least secondary education.

The problem is that these cretins will call the government's bluff and pop the kids out regardless. Then go to the press claiming the poor mouth 'It's a disgrace, I've two innocent kids and the country won't give me nothin to feed them and won't give me my free FOREVAH home with the flatscreen telly and garden'.

That's how it would play out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Varta

We don't so much have a housing crisis as a housing hysteria. People are being pressured into buying the wrong homes, renting overpriced low quality accommodation and putting themselves onto social housing waiting lists, where previously they would have waited longer. It's being driven by both mainstream and social media, often orchestrated by vested interests. You are nothing on social media if you or someone you know isn't part of the 'housing crisis'. We need to take stock of the situation. We need people with clear heads to evaluate what our true housing needs are and to prioritise what needs to be done. Housing, for people from all strata of society, is too important to let it be driven by hysteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭oceanman

Can men apply to adopt etc ? would that give you the same free meal ticket that a lot of women have the option of ? Assuming you can’t adopt without your own place. Where nobody can stop stacey being banged up at seventeen!

I’ll just have to accept living in a banana republic. It will be a lot more pallatable when fg are playing second fiddle. Their arrogance is disgusting. Their attitude to taxpayers is disgusting !
    second fiddle to who...ff? and you think that will change anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭McFly85

The council renting luxury accommodation for social housing is completely ridiculous, but wouldn’t begrudge anyone who gets one as long as they were in employment(not their fault the council did this).

But I’d be irate with one of these being given to someone who has never or will never contribute to the state because they’ve popped out a few sprogs. Instead of subsiding somewhere to live for these people, I’d much rather childcare was subsidised for them instead, with housing only provided when they have a job or are in full time education. At least then they’ll have a chance of being something other than a drain on resources.

McFly85 wrote: »
    The council renting luxury accommodation for social housing is completely ridiculous, but wouldn’t begrudge anyone who gets one as long as they were in employment(not their fault the council did this).

But I’d be irate with one of these being given to someone who has never or will never contribute to the state because they’ve popped out a few sprogs. Instead of subsiding somewhere to live for these people, I’d much rather childcare was subsidised for them instead, with housing only provided when they have a job or are in full time education. At least then they’ll have a chance of being something other than a drain on resources.

youre bang on! who do you think the meeja and rte will have on though if there were only working taxpayers in the new block! if youre a taxpayer, you can do one! if you are a single mother here, you have a free pass for everything and your angles! The scum in montrose, did they every ask any tough questions of margaret Ca$h when they hosted her? does she pay her tv license?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

I have a relative with 2 kids by 18. She proudly announced the other day that she had applied for social housing her and her 'angles'.

She barely has a junior cert. No leaving. Has never had a job.

Meanwhile, I'm in my early 30s- pay a mortgage and a car loan. Go out for dinner/drinks maybe once every 2-3 months. Rarely get my nails/lashes done.

She's out every weekend and always has those disgusting acrylic claws preened to perfection. Kids are togged out in designer labels.

I feel like the fool.
    Yeah you are the fool and what you are doing with your mortgage , car loan and career isn't as important as what she is doing.

Get over to Kusadasi and get pregnant before it's too late.

McFly85 wrote: »

The state serves the nation or it is only tyranny and popping out sprogs is vastly more important to the future of this nation than paying taxes.

we need a taxpayer first party, someone that will also do something about the welfare wonderland! 5-6 seats and they could have a lot of leverage in a new dail potentially. Better than having the other rag tag morons that they currently rely on propping them up...

• Advertisement

we need a taxpayer first party, someone that will also do something about the welfare wonderland! 5-6 seats and they could have a lot of leverage in a new dail potentially. Better than having the other rag tag morons that they currently rely on propping them up...
    They used to be quite common - they were called 'ratepayers associations' but the morons abolished rates and now die on Trolleys.

Ca va ca dire!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,009 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

The state serves the nation or it is only tyranny and popping out sprogs is vastly more important to the future of this nation than paying taxes.

Even ones that cant be supported without state (read: me and every other idiot with a job) support... and who are destined for a life suckling at the proverbial teat of said group of taxpayers? Like begets like.

popping out sprogs that will suck the nation dry over their lives and pass this onto their sprogs?

We want taxpayers having kids, not scum!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

oceanman wrote: »
    second fiddle to who...ff? and you think that will change anything?

Yes, I feel IdBatterims anger is misguided - by all means be angry at FG - but there is no appetite to fix this in any of the political parties (indeed many would be worse) or in the increasingly click desperate media. People are afraid to ask the right questions and look at root cause solutions to the problems.

a

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

During the week there was an article about a mother who died (heroin overdose) in a hub, she was 29 and 11 years on the housing list.

This was on twitter and I asked why the first port of call for an 18 year old was the housing list and I was vilified. I've spent the last week in few different cities around Holland and Germany and the difference between them and Ireland is frightening

ELM327 wrote: »
    Even ones that cant be supported without state (read: me and every other idiot with a job) support... and who are destined for a life suckling at the proverbial teat of said group of taxpayers? Like begets like.
    If you are Irish you serve the nation far more by fathering 14 children than by paying tax.
    During the week there was an article about a mother who died (heroin overdose) in a hub, she was 29 and 11 years on the housing list.

This was on twitter and I asked why the first port of call for an 18 year old was the housing list and I was vilified. I've spent the last week in few different cities around Holland and Germany and the difference between them and Ireland is frightening
    Yes because a 29 year old woman had just died and her children were left with her body for two days.

You're a sociopath.

you apologists are pathetic! we live in the only country in the world where this **** actually flies! But you lot are right and its the rest of us here and the rest of the world, that have it all wrong!

Bring on a ****ing savage recession! Cant wait to hear how Brittanay and Chardonnay can no longer afford three dominoes take aways per week!

"I cant afford me water chargis" Said by scum bag sporting nikes newest from jd sports and the latest i phone on a E60 a month contract. I have never voted labour, but Joan Burton spoke the truth about these cancerous parasites!

in what way? I mean I have a good idea of what I think you mean...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Yes because a 29 year old woman had just died and her children were left with her body for two days.

You're a sociopath.
    Just because somebody has died doesn't mean we cant look for the real issue. And she hadnt just does, she died last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭oceanman

you apologists are pathetic! we live in the only country in the world where this **** actually flies! But you lot are right and its the rest of us here and the rest of the world, that have it all wrong!

Bring on a ****ing savage recession! Cant wait to hear how Brittanay and Chardonnay can no longer afford three dominoes take aways per week!

"I cant afford me water chargis" Said by scum bag sporting nikes newest from jd sports and the latest i phone on a E60 a month contract. I have never voted labour, but Joan Burton spoke the truth about these cancerous parasites!
    and you see where labour ended up after that...

• Advertisement

If you are Irish you serve the nation far more by fathering 14 children than by paying tax.

You're a sociopath.
    That's it, divide up the farm again and again so we all die.
    That's the attitude that caused Irish poverty... and you're going to repeat it.

There is a socioeconomic dichotomy here. Poor people who can't afford children have them, and the (real) working class (who have jobs) can't afford them because they need to give their tax money to fund the roustabouts that produce 14 more mouths for others to feed.

Agree except anyone who voted labour is part of the problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

That's definitely one of your best yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

Das Reich wrote: »
    I had a great idea this morning when woke up. Some contries like Bulgaria lost more than 20% of its population in last fee decades going from 9 to 7 millions. I don't need to have an IQ above 100 to know that this demographic implosion would plummet the prices around such countries. You can by an entire village for a fraction of that money. If government buy social houses there if move those people there, it would benefit both countries.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

popping out sprogs that will suck the nation dry over their lives and pass this onto their sprogs?

We want taxpayers having kids, not scum!

The majority in social housing who are capable of working work and have beautiful children. My own three are a credit to us both. Are there bad eggs of course just like everywhere else. :)

oceanman wrote: »
    and you see where labour ended up after that...

oh I do! because of the idiots that voted for them. "labours way or frankfurts way" yeah I dont doubt they had good intentions, but ireland was the one with the begging bowl out. What was the alternative, cut spending to match our income and have the welfare state torn assunder? talk about biting the hand that feeds you :rolleyes:

Labour getting in was a bloody pity, we could have seen what FG would have done, going solo! probably would have done more to address the crazy welfare state etc... I mean I am not pleased with FG performance obviously, but they constantly have to be propped up the left leaning bed fellows, sure I'd deem FG left wing at this stage!

Apart from their stance on housing, which is rob from the working poor to give to the rich, well the rich and the welfare lifers...

Yes, I feel IdBatterims anger is misguided - by all means be angry at FG - but there is no appetite to fix this in any of the political parties (indeed many would be worse) or in the increasingly click desperate media. People are afraid to ask the right questions and look at root cause solutions to the problems.

a

I totally agree. You see there is just no way you can fix problems without debate etc. There is only one side of this argument in the media, it beggars belief that nobody here, in the media or politics will touch it with a barge pole! Shows you what a spineless country we really live...

There is another thread blaming the housing crisis on eoghan murphy, the level of awareness is laughable. If murphy had been given dictatorial powers for the last few years, yeah Id lay the blame at his door! He is nearly in a total straighjacket, regarding what he can do with the system! If only we had Leo varadkar that useless windbag in housing or health, or any one else, that would have solved those age old problems :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,391 ✭✭✭✭zell12

TAke a look at this Australian property documentary. The greed is global. Carbon copy of here. You’ll understand the love of rip off prices after you’ve watched it... ............... ...............
    https://www.rte.ie/brainstorm/2019/0321/1037676-what-are-the-roots-of-the-irish-obsession-with-property/
    I prefer this NZ version. Well worth a watch. Answers the why prices are multiples of our parent's generation and their dominance of the housing market, our Ronan Lyons and possible solutions

zell12 wrote: »
    I prefer this NZ version. Well worth a watch. Answers the why prices are multiples of our parent's generation and their dominance of the housing market, our Ronan Lyons and possible solutions

com-modifying housing to turn people into life long slaves or serfs, is totally despicable. Turn one of mans most basic need, into the last great money grab! Totally supported by those that we vote in, to represent OUR interests. they are despicable scum...

• Advertisement

Just because somebody has died doesn't mean we cant look for the real issue. And she hadnt just does, she died last year.

And I'm not sure what her housing situation had to do with it; she could have just as easily died in a private or council home. I have sympathy for addicts of all kinds, but I could never forgive someone who OD'd leaving her kids alone in a hotel room for 2 days.

Advertisement