Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The €3,000 per month luxury welfare apartments

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I've avoided this thread but it played on my mind.
    Welfare recipients are not wholly composed of people who choose not to work.
    Some live with debilitating conditions and would love to participate fully in society. People through no fault of their own should not be forced to live destitute lives.

People with disabilities should be prioritised for housing and have a higher level of supports than currently.

I doubt anyone is even arguing with that, you know dang well what people are annoyed over and that's those getting a free ride at the end of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I doubt anyone is even arguing with that, you know dang well what people are annoyed over and that's those getting a free ride at the end of the day.

Who is getting a free ride? There are people who meet the criteria getting their due as legislated. Sure there are likely a minute number of fraudsters but hopefully they are caught.

FYI: if you've issues with state policy and welfare eligibility criteria, Margret Cash is unlikely to sign off and get a job because she's a good egg.

I've avoided this thread but it played on my mind.
    Welfare recipients are not wholly composed of people who choose not to work.
    Some live with debilitating conditions and would love to participate fully in society. People through no fault of their own should not be forced to live destitute lives.

People with disabilities should be prioritised for housing and have a higher level of supports than currently.

Doing so is illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

You were calling me FF last week :)

No money for wasting maybe. No money for printers, quangos, our own, pretending to go to work in the Dail, claims?

You should be looked after mortgage free, if you are eligible. I'm all for that.

So do you agree with a right to a home in the constitution?

Housing as a social tenant if you meet the criteria, 100%. Every citizen should have a roof over their head, except people capable of working who choose not to, IMO.
    I'm 100% against free houses.

• Advertisement

Housing as a social tenant if you meet the criteria, 100%. Every citizen should have a roof over their head, except people capable of working who choose not to, IMO.
    I'm 100% against free houses.

So you don’t agree with Sinn Feins housing policies.

Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,009 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

This would be catastrophic and as such will never be implemented

ELM327 wrote: »
    This would be catastrophic and as such will never be implemented

Sinn Féin advocate for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Sadly people have said on this very board people with disabilities who don't work shouldn't be housed in Dublin City Centre.

And I'd also add that some of the people that posters get very annoyed at might have no education, might have undiagnosed conditions, may be illiterate.

What I do know for certain is that when the 'scroungers debate' happens people whom I know with disabilities feel included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Sadly people have said on this very board people with disabilities who don't work shouldn't be housed in Dublin City Centre.

And I'd also add that some of the people that posters get very annoyed at might have no education, might have undiagnosed conditions, may be illiterate.

What I do know for certain is that when the 'scroungers debate' happens people whom I know with disabilities feel included.

Bad troll is bad.

• Advertisement

So you don’t agree with Sinn Feins housing policies.

Interesting.

I'm not too up on them past more social builds TBH.

They've also discussed how disabled, in that some on disability should be made to do some kind of work. This is the nasty nature of looking at those worse off because of failed policy.

Well I would never even dream of putting them in such a category, people are allowed to be outraged as the way things are it's a joke of a system.

I'm all for helping those that really need it.

I have to deal with them daily in work and I get frustrated when there is nothing I can do to help them as having to leave them at the bus stop because the other one on board won't fold their buggy and yes I fully understand there are circumstances where a baby may have medical issues for example and it's not possible....

I'll make a point on giving them a nod. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,009 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Exactly, another reason why a) it is nonsense and b) will never be implemented

Well I would never even dream of putting them in such a category, people are allowed to be outraged as the way things are it's a joke of a system.

I'm all for helping those that really need it.

I have to deal with them daily in work and I get frustrated when there is nothing I can do to help them as having to leave them at the bus stop because the other one on board won't fold their buggy and yes I fully understand there are circumstances where a baby may have medical issues for example and it's not possible....

I respect you for not putting them in the same category but it does happen sadly. I'd probably be ostracised for saying mobility aids should prioritised over buggies?

I also think for the situation you present if we could have a card here, there's one in NI/UK, that people can present in situations where they need a bit more time because of a medical condition. Or perhaps the travel pass could have a letter to indicate medical condition. I know people get riled up about privacy but travelling with an invisible disability can be challenging.

I respect you for not putting them in the same category but it does happen sadly. I'd probably be ostracised for saying mobility aids should prioritised over buggies?

I also think for the situation you present if we could have a card here, there's one in NI/UK, that people can present in situations where they need a bit more time because of a medical condition. Or perhaps the travel pass could have a letter to indicate medical condition. I know people get riled up about privacy but travelling with an invisible disability can be challenging.

That card is available here now.

Seen it on advert inside a bus I was driving the other day.

Can't recall name.

It's to be shown as you said if that person needs that extra time to say ask a question or sit down but I'll be honest we can see that anyway so I find it a bit strange to be honest.

That card is available here now.

Seen it on advert inside a bus I was driving the other day.

Can't recall name.

It's to be shown as you said if that person needs that extra time to say ask a question or sit down but I'll be honest we can see that anyway so I find it a bit strange to be honest.

Oh that's great, didn't know that.
    We have a couple of conditions in the family that aren't immediately visible so for us we thought it might be useful.

Oh that's great, didn't know that.
    We have a couple of conditions in the family that aren't immediately visible so for us we thought it might be useful.

Honestly can't think of the name and it's something not even a big name, I looked at it was like oh that's a new one to me...

Honestly can't think of the name and it's something not even a big name, I looked at it was like oh that's a new one to me...

There's this one

https://jamcard.org

There's this one

https://jamcard.org

Yeah that's the one ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement