Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The €3,000 per month luxury welfare apartments

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Kick them out for who?
    In a parallel universe the Big Rock Candy Mountain party will do anything you want just by wishing it so.

Hmmm... abolition of USC(which is the least objectionable tax on income in Ireland) and replacing FG at National level with some other motley crew and the social housing issue will be solved and the Ireland will become a new Nirvana.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Hmmm... abolition of USC(which is the least objectionable tax on income in Ireland) and replacing FG at National level with some other motley crew and the social housing issue will be solved and the Ireland will become a new Nirvana.
    Yeah. Right well you think the only income tax that morally should be cut , the marginal rate. You think a party could run on only cutting that rate. Sure it would only benefit the rich on over e35,000. The field day the meeja and many of the moron electorate would have!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Yeah. Right well you think the only income tax that morally should be cut , the marginal rate. You think a party could run on only cutting that rate. Sure it would only benefit the rich on over e35,000. The field day the meeja and many of the moron electorate would have!

€35000 is rich? That's €558 a week or €2417 a month after tax BTW.

is_that_so wrote: »
    €35000 is rich? That's €558 a week or €2417 a month after tax BTW.

Sorry that was extreme sarcasm. But yes I’m sure many receiving these luxury apartments would call anyone earning 35,000 or so “ rich” paying an outrageous amount of tax over the 35k pittance to pay for luxury apartments for the work shy. The worlds busiest dominoes and Krispy Kreme stores , where people said they couldn’t pay a few cent for water a day but can pay outrageous amounts for junk food !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I really want to see a solution to the housing crisis for everyone , but paying this amount of public money to a foreign Cuckoo fund is obscene. the deal should be stopped immediatly.

I've just submitted a complaint to the Ombudsman. It won't prevent this deal but might prevent others like it.

thebaz wrote: »
    I really want to see a solution to the housing crisis for everyone , but paying this amount of money to a foreign Cuckoo fund is obscene. the deal should be stopped immediatly.

They’ll back track with a little public pressure ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

They’ll back track with a little public pressure ...

No, there will no backtracking. The deal is done, and will be forgotten about in a few months.

Protesting about it.... Not going to happen. Would be ripped apart by leftist agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

Yes, yes and yes

Thank you.

Those asinine replies have enabled me to make an informed decision to add you to my ignore list.

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    In a parallel universe the Big Rock Candy Mountain party will do anything you want just by wishing it so.

Steady on - one of his sidekicks has just won a Dáil by-election. The idiots are on the march!

My point about peter Casey was , he expressed an interest in politics , has some money and would get a lot of media exposure which is priceless. Good luck if joe soap wants to start up a new party without serious money to get their policies out there and exposure etc

Casey also wasn’t a lying rat afraid to speak the truth , that immediately separates him from the rest of the wasters in the dail. Obviously far from perfect , but I’m voting Kermit the frog or Mickey Mouse next election. Or ff to punish fg for their **** , I don’t think they should be let away with it. Of course ff are a disgrace , but in the absence of any party for many of us to vote for , what are we meant to do ?

Well said. I'll be holding my nose and voting, for the first time in my life, for the party of Charles J Haughey and Bertie "dig-out" Ahern :( it's going to hurt but Leo's lot deserve a good kicking.

I'd like to have voted for the Soc Dems, but the Kisyombe affair made it very clear that they cannot be trusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

KyussB wrote: »
    A thread about one of the most blatant single-instance examples of government corruption in a long time - leasing an entire apartment complex for more money than it would cost to buy the thing outright, with no benefit to the country - and people have zero focus on the corruption, and 100% focus on the least well off in society, who haven't benefited from this in any way yet - and who wouldn't benefit from it at all, if people focused on the corruption and had this deal reversed - and the people involved criminally investigated for conflicts of interests and coruption.

People just walk straight into the Divide and Conquer narrative like fucking clueless idiots. To a suspicious extent, tbh...

This is my thing.i don't blame the people that get the houses at all. It was the council and investment fund here that have fleeced the tax payers.important to remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

No, there will no backtracking. The deal is done, and will be forgotten about in a few months.

Protesting about it.... Not going to happen. Would be ripped apart by leftist agenda.

yes, and these tenants will be used as the human collateral to siphon c.E54million? to german and irish Private Investors (many of whom are FF and FG?). and then, when that c.E54million is completely paid to them, they will own completely outright, these places.

today, simon coveney said; "10k social housing provided" this year.

it is way, way, way, beyond time that FF and FG were pulled up on this 'wording'; It should be Insisted that the reality is stated i.e.: 'Private Investors' Profit Housing', should be used, and not the social wording.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

171170 wrote: »
    In essence the criteria for being put on the list are that someone has a genuine housing need and are unable to provide housing from their income. There are also criteria like having a link to the local area, so someone from say Artane, would find it hard to get on the Mayo County Council housing list.

So loads of people get on the social housing lists and are then prioritised depending on a range of factors - actual homelessness/overcrowding/number of sprogs/ill health/disability/compassionate grounds, etc. etc.

So no points extra for working?

Scandalous!

They should deduct points if you have a parent living in social housing with a spare unused room.

If you can't / won't provide accommodation for your family than live with mam and dad.

Once workers are housed then house the freeloaders.

Looks like protest being planned. Will update you lot of it is going ahead. Even if it can’t stop this farce. They might think about doing it again of it kicks off! Property being given away literally at the height of the recession , much of it in Nama control. It’s incredible!!!

Pronto63 wrote: »
    So no points extra for working?

Scandalous!

They should deduct points if you have a parent living in social housing with a spare unused room.

If you can't / won't provide accommodation for your family than live with mam and dad.

Once workers are housed then house the freeloaders.

Yeah it’s just so perverse here !

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

There is an election on the way. That's the place to express your feelings. Unaffordable rents, crippling insurance rates, 90 year old stuck on trolly for days, no school places for kids, etc, etc, etc.

ABFG would be my recommendation. None of the above problems are the fault of the unemployed or social welfare recipients, they don't spend our taxes.

Thats the main way Irish citizens can express their feelings towards the current government however only 20-30% of the electorate came out to vote in Friday's by-election, why is that? That is not a good sign for the next general election.

Having spent many years living in Australia where it is compulsory to vote, i really think we need a system like that in this country. The reason we never will is it would take too long to administer by lazy public servants!

Post up any details of planned protest.
    I will join it in a heartbeat.

Look on the bright side - all these new social residents may cause nearby property prices to crumble and make them affordable to workers. Maybe this is a long-term solution to the crisis :P

• Advertisement

Block the sandyford road for the protest. Then rte and the other spineless pathetic media here won’t be able to ignore it. All over the printer etc. what’s their opinion on this scandal of epically bigger proportion?! Jesus I thought decades after knowing I live in a banana republic that nothing could shock me any more , but I’m still reeling from this !!! I’m surprised Walford in ballsbridge wasn’t bought for Margaret cash , 58,000,000 paid for it by Sean Dunne. Sure it looks like that’s where we are headed. Put the scum out amongst the decision makers and they’ll change their tune !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Block the sandyford road for the protest. Then rte and the other spineless pathetic media here won’t be able to ignore it. All over the printer etc. what’s their opinion on this scandal of epically bigger proportion?! Jesus I thought decades after knowing I live in a banana republic that nothing could shock me any more , but I’m still reeling from this !!! I’m surprised Walford in ballsbridge wasn’t bought for Margaret cash , 58,000,000 paid for it by Sean Dunne. Sure it looks like that’s where we are headed. Put the scum out amongst the decision makers and they’ll change their tune !

In fairness rte staff will be against poverty types living near their investment properties. Their children that they don’t speak about will probably get these houses too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

having read the irish times article it lovely to think that the council are so considerate of these poor landlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Kick them out for who?

Im not sure who are the solution, but Fine Gael are definitely the problem.

How was planning permission given?
    The road is already jammed with cars Q'ing for the town centre.
    The new apartment scheme will have a few cars using it, regardless of social background of residents.

Protest? What will you be protesting about?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

He spoke of the taxpayer being done here , that is the key issue as far as I’m concerned. Go with usc abolition , the public like simple messages !

Did he have a policy document that showed the costings and the cause and effects?

Of course he didn't he was an absolute cretin shouting populous nonsense to give himself exposure.

He couldn't give 2 flying fúcks about anyone but himself.

If we start electing self serving sweaty incoherent mouth breathing simpletons like that dumb fúck we are screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

The fume over this is outstanding. Protest lol. Our country is run by absolute gangsters who will get voted in again at a canter the next election. FG or FF it makes no difference the gravy train will role on.

I remember a couple of years back a lad organised a protest against the insurance cartel price fixing and 11 people turned up, 11 from a country of some 5 million. The Irish don't do organised protest but are world champions at cap doffing to our supposed betters at the risk of being seen as a trouble maker or ringing Joe.

Fighting Irish my hole.

Boggles wrote: »
    Did he have a policy document that showed the costings and the cause and effects?

Of course he didn't he was an absolute cretin shouting populous nonsense to give himself exposure.

He couldn't give 2 flying fúcks about anyone but himself.

If we start electing self serving sweaty incoherent mouth breathing simpletons like that dumb fúck we are screwed.

You’ve just described ffg. They are going to be junior party to ff after the next election. Some achievement despite a booming economy. It took ff to wreck the economy to lose power. Fg will lose the biggest party status with a booming economy. The irony !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

You’ve just described ffg. They are going to be junior party to fg after the next election. Some achievement despite a booming economy. It took ff to wreck the economy to lose power. Fg will lose the biggest party status with a booming economy. The irony !!!

Yes, so why you are advocating for that absolute populous self serving scum bag to set up a party is baffling.

We need to get rid of their ilk, not encourage more of them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,386 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Boggles wrote: »
    We need to get rid of their ilk, not encourage more of them.

I had so much optimism when a Stephen Donnelly lead Social Democrats appeared on the scene. They have been so disappointing :(

Advertisement