If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home cinema package

Options
  • 30-11-2019 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭

Hi

Want to get a nice speaker to replace my sound bar. I have a small to medium sitting room (4mx4m). Sky Q, LG OLED 55".

My main concern is music and I don't want to run wires around the room so I guess a 3.1 system is the most realistic?

I want good TV sound, excellent music and good bass. 

I was thinking a Sony STRDN1080. Wharfdale 3020i x2 and 2 stands, wharfdale centre and wharf dale sub. I can always add satellites and atmos in the future.

I really do want impressive music and I want to be able to stream from my phone etc. 

Any other suggestions or deals? Will be getting for Christmas. 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi

Want to get a nice speaker to replace my sound bar. I have a small to medium sitting room (4mx4m). Sky Q, LG OLED 55".

My main concern is music and I don't want to run wires around the room so I guess a 3.1 system is the most realistic?

I was thinking a Sony STRDN1080. Wharfdale 3020i x2 and 2 stands, wharfdale centre and wharf dale sub. I can always add satellites and atmos in the future.

I really do want impressive music and I want to be able to stream from my phone etc. 

Hi Nonoperational.

Thanks for the post.

I ran 3.1 for several months myself when I moved to my new house and while it didn't have the total surround effect it still sounded decent.

The Sony 1080 is a very nice AV receiver but if it more for music I would look at the Denon AVRX2600.
    Currently priced at £449 or 519 Euro. I could offer a deal on this at £415 or 489 Euro.

The AVRX2600 would also allow that in the future for you to use the Denon Heos 1 (New version when they are released) as wireless rears. (They would still need a power source though).

If you wanted to stick with the Sony you would be looking at £410 or 483 Euro.

The Q Acoustics 3020i currently priced at £189 or 219 Euro - I could offer these at £155 or 185 Euro
    The Q Acoustics 3090Ci I could offer at £119 or 140 Euro
    The Q Acoustics 3060S sub I could offer at £189 or 219 Euro

The stand to suit the 3020i would be the 3000FSI - I could offer a pair of these for £115 or 136 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13406-q-acoustics-3000fsi-dark-black-per-pair.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Thanks. Great reply. I never knew you could use wireless heos. Sold. Leave it with me I'll be in touch. 

Will you throw in the necessary speaker wires and we have a deal on the denon and the speakers?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭drayer

Hi

Hi Nonoperational.

Thanks for the post.

I ran 3.1 for several months myself when I moved to my new house and while it didn't have the total surround effect it still sounded decent.

The Sony 1080 is a very nice AV receiver but if it more for music I would look at the Denon AVRX2600.
    Currently priced at £449 or 519 Euro. I could offer a deal on this at £415 or 489 Euro.

The AVRX2600 would also allow that in the future for you to use the Denon Heos 1 (New version when they are released) as wireless rears. (They would still need a power source though).

If you wanted to stick with the Sony you would be looking at £410 or 483 Euro.

The Q Acoustics 3020i currently priced at £189 or 219 Euro - I could offer these at £155 or 185 Euro
    The Q Acoustics 3090Ci I could offer at £119 or 140 Euro
    The Q Acoustics 3060S sub I could offer at £120 or 142 Euro

The stand to suit the 3020i would be the 3000FSI - I could offer a pair of these for £115 or 136 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13406-q-acoustics-3000fsi-dark-black-per-pair.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.
    Hi, sorry for hijacking the thread just wondering if that price on the 3060S sub is on offer. Might be interested I bought the rest of the q acoustics surround sound setup a few months back.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

...Hmmmm I think Kenny made an error on the price of the Q Acoustics 3060s - Best Boardie  pricing on the Q Acoustics 3060S would actually be £189 / €219..

We have them available from stock in Black / Walnut & Graphite at the moment - White is on back order..

Sorry about that guys,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Will you throw in the necessary speaker wires and we have a deal on the denon and the speakers?
    Hey Nonoperational.

I wouldn't be able to throw all the speaker cable and a sublink cable free of charge unfortunately.

If you let me how many meters of speaker cable you require and I'll see what deal I can offer on them.
    Also how far from the receiver would you be putting the subwoofer? The subwoofer connects via a single phono to phono and not the normal speaker cable.

Speakers only a few feet away. Front and sub only. 

Speakers only a few feet away. Front and sub only. 
    Hi Nonoperational.

If you think 5 or 6 meters of speaker cable would be enough then I can throw thins in free of charge.
    I can also throw in a 1.5-2m sublink cable free of charge.

Hi Nonoperational.

If you think 5 or 6 meters of speaker cable would be enough then I can throw thins in free of charge.

Great. I’m currently negotiating Christmas presents vs what I have to sneakily buy myself 😂

Hi Nonoperational.

Great. I’m currently negotiating Christmas presents vs what I have to sneakily buy myself 😂
    No problem Nonoperational.

Drop me a post when your ready.

• Advertisement

I’m wondering would floorstanders work in a room of this size? About 12.5x13 ft with slightly higher ceilings than standard. 

I’m wondering would floorstanders work in a room of this size? About 12.5x13 ft with slightly higher ceilings than standard. 
    Hi Nonoperational.

Yes, I don't see any reason why not.

I use Monitor Audio floorstanders at home in my AV setup and they are about 9ft from my sofa. I would say my room is about 13ft x21ft.

I'm still arsing around. 

I think I will go for the Denon 2600 and the Kef Q550 to start and add to it later. 

Is it really any speaker for the 20% off? That seems to be the vibe on the kef website. 

I'm going to leave a centre channel for the moment until I see how the room pans out. Is that reasonable?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

I'm still arsing around. 

I think I will go for the Denon 2600 and the Kef Q550 to start and add to it later. 

Is it really any speaker for the 20% off? That seems to be the vibe on the kef website. 

I'm going to leave a centre channel for the moment until I see how the room pans out. Is that reasonable?
    Hi Nonoperational,

It is any speakers at all to trade in for the 20% off. If you want to PM us with a contact number we can get that processed for you.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Thanks 

Torture trying to decide!

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Thanks 

Torture trying to decide!
    No problem!

Let me know when you're ready!

What could you do for a Denon 2600 / sony 1080 receiver and the Dali Oberon 5? I'm ready to pul the trigger. 

What could you do for a Denon 2600 / sony 1080 receiver and the Dali Oberon 5? I'm ready to pul the trigger. 
    Hi Nonoperational.

I could offer the 2600 along with the Oberon 5's for £1040 or 1223 Euro delivered.

For the STRDN1080 with the Oberon 5's I could offer them for £1025 or 1205 Euro delivered.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.