Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Nintendo target the Adult Market any more?

• 30-11-2019 6:58pm

No Nintendo ads aimed at adults like Nicole Kidman have been seen by me since then.

Does Nintendo bother with Market segmentation like this?

Or is it because it is impossible for Joe customer to develop a game for the Nintedo Switch etc?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

xieann wrote: »
    No Nintendo ads aimed at adults like Nicole Kidman have been seen by me since then.

Does Nintendo bother with Market segmentation like this?

Or is it because it is impossible for Joe customer to develop a game for the Nintedo Switch etc?

A couple of things
    This post makes little sense, as the range of titles available on the Switch is considerable and diverse.
    It's not the same as the XB1 or PS4 but that doesn't make it any less legit and worthy.

Nintendo advertising has been pretty clear that it seeks to appeal to a family, both as a group and individuals, with games aimed at young children, older children and adults of all ages.

As for "market segmentation" I mean, what?

One could instead ask, why does Sony and Microsoft spend so much on the male "gamer" instead of the same range of customers that Nintendo seek out.

Not sure what the Nicole Kidman thing is, you're on your own there.

Please, also, I hope this is not simply an attempt to troll Nintendo owners and those who post here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They don't need to. 99.9% of their games don't presuppose age. They are fun for all ages. :o

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Not sure what the Nicole Kidman thing is, you're on your own there.

You need to hand in your badge :pac: Penelope Cruz did one too at some stage and Beyonce too apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,342 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not really sure we need anymore of herself from Sex and the City getting all hot and bothered by Mario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Nintendo's ads approach nowadays basically tries to tick all boxes:

- friends enjoying gaming together
    - family likewise
    - single player adult gamers

It's kind of generic, but it's clever too.

As for the games catalogue itself (on Switch) there really is a lot to cater to all different tastes. In fact I regularly find myself overwhelmed by the sheer volume of choice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement