Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming at 1080p on a 4k monitor

Options
  • 01-12-2019 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

On a 4k monitor, why does scaling look so bad when I change the resolution in-game to 1080p.

If I change the resolution to 1080p on my PC the scaling looks way better.

In both scenarios I have set my scaling to aspect ratio in the nVidia control panel and also set to override game setting etc.
    All scaling options only seem to take effect when I lower my monitors resolution to 1080p. (or anything lower than the native res of 4k)

If I leave the resolution at 4K the nVidia scaling does not seem to apply when I change the resolution in-game to 1080p.

Long and short of it. I would rather not have to change my PC reolution every time I wanted to play a game at 1080p and would prefer to do this directly in the game options without it looking terrible.

Any help appreciated!

Comments

Advertisement