Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accomplishments 2019 - good thing that happened

• 01-12-2019 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hey all,

With every year that passes there are ups and downs. Now that we are in the final stage of 2019 I think people can assess how 2019 has treated them.

So what are the good things that have happened to you during the year? Successes/achievements/milestones etc

For me, I had a operation in March 2019. I feel much better and it has done wonders for my mental health and confidence!

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Regained fitness to a certain degree. Rejoined my home gaa club and completed an Adventure race in August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Finished a degree and started another one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Bought our first home. Hope to be in for Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

There's a full month to go, plenty of time for everything to get worse ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

For me, I had a operation in March 2019. I feel much better and it has done wonders for my mental health and confidence!
    Congratulations on that vikings. I know how long term pain can affect someone mentally so it is a huge relief to get rid of it.

My 2019 has been a bit all over the place. I finally bought my own home after years of saving and I am very confident I will be mortgage free by the time I am 50.

After years of my own physical pain I finally have got on top of it (I hope!) with a new exercise regime I am on that I obsessively stick to. At the age of 36 I am more flexible than anyone I know of any age.

Earlier on this year I put serious plans in place to commit suicide but then didn't obviously and now focus a lot of my energy on positivity, exercise, diet and identifying when I might be heading down a bad road mentally and changing course abruptly. These last 4 months really have been some of the most difficult of my whole life for many reasons but I have faced it all head on with a completely different attitude than I would have a year ago and am thriving mentally in my humble(brag) opinion. In spite of many challenges I face now I am happy compared to a year ago when I had no real troubles but was miserable.

So the positives are, my own home, pain free almost and happiness.

Oh also I am locked right now which is nice too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Jeez good on you Guy. Brilliant things to do for yourself but no doubt difficult, and painful at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Gone back to work doing something totally different after a lengthy spell of illness. Still not totally there healthwise but in an unrecognizable place when compared to 12 months ago

Advertisement