Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for wiring Sonoff T1 3 Gang

Options
  • 01-12-2019 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hi,

Just looking for advice on how to wire a Sonoff T1 3 Gang

The existing 3 gang switch seems to have 5 live wires (2 in a com and 3 in L1 in each gang. Also have 2 wires connecting the coms together)

There are 5 neutral in a block and what appears to be 5 grounds in 1 sleeve going into another block

Pics are attached

The switch controls 3 different lights which are not controlled by any other switch. In the fuse box the switch for these lights is for all ground floor lights along with all lights in the toilets throughout the house

Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Deanicus

My current thinking is to take the wires from the coms and put them both into the L of the sonoff (ditch the loops)

Then I would need to run a piece of wire from the neutral block to the N of the sonoff.

Finally the wires in each L1 would go into L1, L2, L3 of the sonoff

Does that sound right?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Deanicus wrote: »
    My current thinking is to take the wires from the coms and put them both into the L of the sonoff (ditch the loops)

Then I would need to run a piece of wire from the neutral block to the N of the sonoff.

Finally the wires in each L1 would go into L1, L2, L3 of the sonoff

Does that sound right?

Correct.

I think you will need a deeper box though.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Deanicus

2011 wrote: »
    Correct.

I think you will need a deeper box though.

Yeah I might alright. Gonna give it a shot with the current one first. Replacing a back box is a bit outside my skills so if I can avoid that, all the better

Advertisement