Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2020 - General Discussion Thread (See MOD warning on first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

How tightly does Red Bull have Honda? Are Honda free to talk to other teams?

Anyway I think it's worth pointing out that Checo is the longest serving driver for what is essentially "The Silverstone Team".
    Nobody stayed at Jordan, Midland, Spyker, Force India or Racing Point for as long as Sergio Perez.
    I'm going to make a bold prediction. I reckon the new Williams owners are going to throw out Latifi and bring in Perez.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I hope this is the last we see of Perez in F1. He is consistently boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,048 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Joeface wrote: »
    I think Perez will end up at HAAS , I can see that as the better option over ALFA as they are both a feeder and retirement home for Ferrari. Not even sure HAAS will stay with Ferrari engines , with McLaren going to mercedes engine they could consider the Renault engine .

It's different with Gaas do compared to McLaren as Haas also depend on Ferrari for a lot of other parts for there car too. So unless Renault would supply all them parts too I doubt it all do I am sure Renaultvwould be delighted to and would jump at the opportunity too but it's not a simple swap engines thing with Haas. I think Ferrari supply there gearbox and breaks, suspension etc to Haas too.

flazio wrote: »
    How tightly does Red Bull have Honda? Are Honda free to talk to other teams?

Anyway I think it's worth pointing out that Checo is the longest serving driver for what is essentially "The Silverstone Team".
    Nobody stayed at Jordan, Midland, Spyker, Force India or Racing Point for as long as Sergio Perez.
    I'm going to make a bold prediction. I reckon the new Williams owners are going to throw out Latifi and bring in Perez.

I would say it's just a capacity issue with Honda whether they want to supply 3 or 4 teams is up to them do I think.
    chicorytip wrote: »
    I disagree. He is very down to earth and a very good racer. He deserves to be in F1. Would never have gotten this far if he was no good.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,547 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

chicorytip wrote: »

Could see him header to Indy, he has openly said he has no Plan B, so it sounds like he had hope of staying where he was.

Would be sad for it to end like that for him, even if Stroll has gotten the better of him so far this season. If he stayed at F1, I can only see Haas or Alfa being his choices/chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,048 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Gintonious wrote: »
    image.jpg

Ferrari to use a retro livery this weekend.

Looks nice. I wonder will it help them go any faster do. I doubt it somehow.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

AMKC wrote: »
    Looks nice. I wonder will it help them go any faster do. I doubt it somehow.

At least it is the original Ferrari colour, haven't seen that on the car since 2007.

EgGeoX4WAAANGsy?format=jpg&name=large

No real reason for posting this, just Schumacher in 2000 around Monza. What a beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Found out there is a place in Kildare selling F1 merch, finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Some Irish people are doing a retail demonstration on a Williams F1 team approved Waterless Wash & Wax.

2 5L bottles will set you back about £25 which apparently cleans your cars without using water.

I never seen this product before but the demonstration is being done on Ideal World on ITV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I never seen this product before but the demonstration is being done on Ideal World on ITV.
    Is that some kind of infomercial? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Is that some kind of infomercial? :D

It probably is. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

You got to give it to Stroll. He pulled out a good season when he needed to. Bye Checo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Vettel signs for Racing Point/Aston Martin. Just confirmed on Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Ah now. How soon is soon, tomorrow, next week, next month, Christmas ;)

Today - Vettel confirmed for Aston Martin

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vettel-aston-martin-move-perez/4871490/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

At Mugello, Ferrari's 1000th race.... Savage

On second thought, Ferrari may be actually be OK with this as it might take the focus off how badly they are performing for one weekend at least...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Cool_CM wrote: »
    They didn't waste much time announcing it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Renault saying they are looking for a partner and not just an engine customer. If Haas has any intention in staying in Formula 1 it should talk to Renault. They are going nowhere fast with their existing partnership with Ferrari.

Makes sense why McLaren are switching to Mercedes now. They didn't want to share info and resources with Renault long term. But in the other hand, if there is a budget cap, should teams not partner up on some parts to save cost.

Top Dog wrote: »
    They didn't waste much time announcing it

Why would they. Sure the dog on the street knew he was going there.

It was just a matter of who he was replacing and thankfully the right driver was replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭rock22

recyclebin wrote: »
    Renault saying they are looking for a partner and not just an engine customer......

I wonder will Racing Point/Aston Martin become the Mercedes partner?
    Or will Mercedes continue with investment in both teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It was just a matter of who he was replacing and thankfully the right driver was replaced.

The dog on the street isn't signing their name on the contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

rock22 wrote: »
    I wonder will Racing Point/Aston Martin become the Mercedes partner?
    Or will Mercedes continue with investment in both teams?
    It would make sense as Aston Martin have a history of collaboration with Mercedes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Found out there is a place in Kildare selling F1 merch, finally.

Where abouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,549 ✭✭✭✭vectra

That's not true,
    I met "Jack Russell" a few days ago and he never mentioned it :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

At Mugello, Ferrari's 1000th race.... Savage

On second thought, Ferrari may be actually be OK with this as it might take the focus off how badly they are performing for one weekend at least...

Really like the timing of the announcement, it was a particularly messy divorce and Ferrari really treated Vettel quite badly I feel.

Great to have him on the grid next year and hope things go well. Would like to see his reputation begin to be repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Great to have him on the grid next year and hope things go well. Would like to see his reputation begin to be repaired.

Me too. However, if he doesn’t beat Stroll his reputation will be damaged badly and he’ll have to consider retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Me too. However, if he doesn’t beat Stroll his reputation will be damaged badly and he’ll have to consider retirement.
    I dont think thats much of a risk.

ELM327 wrote: »
    I dont think thats much of a risk.

Dead or alive disagree.

https://youtu.be/PGNiXGX2nLU

I like Vettel but I honestly think Stroll will give him a good run for his money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

v3ttel wrote: »
    Where abouts?

In that village place they have out there, one of the shops, sister was telling me.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    In that village place they have out there, one of the shops, sister was telling me.

An F1 merch shop in Kildare village?

Must stop in.

I know the Puma store has a bit of Mercedes gear so hope its not just that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,973 ✭✭✭✭elperello

g1983d wrote: »
    An F1 merch shop in Kildare village?

Must stop in.

I know the Puma store has a bit of Mercedes gear so hope its not just that

https://www.tbvsc.com/kildare-village/en?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzPnIweXe6wIVmu7tCh1Z9A77EAAYASAAEgJJ1_D_BwE

I'd check the website first.
    Might avoid an unnecessary pit stop :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement