Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2020 - General Discussion Thread (See MOD warning on first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,562 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

We might actually get some entertainment now at the front

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Joeface

This has the potential to be Bottas worst weekend , I assume Stoffel Vandoorne is the reserve driver . If he is any where near Bottas .That will be just bad .

If He wins . Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Stoffel Vandoorne is the reserve driver for Mercedes and has been at a few of the races this year with them. He is in pre season testing for Formula E but that ends today so I'm assuming he will replace Lewis?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Get Russell or Hulkenberg in the car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Unless Lewis overcomes adversity and beats it before then.

“I’m so blessed to have a great team of doctors looking after me. They’re doing such a wonderful job.“

No doubt he’ll have tyre issues at some point but he’ll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Nikita Mazepin to Haas. Good appointment imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Harika

Burkie1203 wrote: »

We possibly won't as the order was usually set to ham bot ver. Now bot very with driver X in the mix.
    Looking forward to his substitute
    Vandoorne such a massive performance in F2 never materialized in F1
    Russell great in F2 now stuck with bad car, still he tested the Mercedes so they have his data
    Hulkenberg best chance for him to throw another podium away
    Gutierrez is theoretically also in the mix

$$$$$ why did they not appoint Mick with it or is it an actual shootout between Mick and illott?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

In relation to Lewis, seen him post race fist bumping and hi five ing his team members without a mask on so there might be repercussions there.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

He said he's someone who doesn't party etc, so wonder where/how he picked it up. Feel like we could see many more in Mercedes testing positive

flazio wrote: »
    In relation to Lewis, seen him post race fist bumping and hi five ing his team members without a mask on so there might be repercussions there.

If it were another driver there probably would be repercussions but not for Lewis.

He’ll over come them though even if he is hit with them.

#overcomelife

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Harika wrote: »
    $$$$$ why did they not appoint Mick with it or is it an actual shootout between Mick and illott?

Illot has confirmed he is not going to F1 so it will be Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭BikeRacer

I'd love Russell to get the Merc seat and Vandoorne to Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

He's not the best and not the worst, but he's a massive twat. Crashing into rivals, crashing into his teammate, punching other drivers, never his fault always someone else's

skipper_G wrote: »
    He's not the best and not the worst, but he's a massive twat. Crashing into rivals, crashing into his teammate, punching other drivers, never his fault always someone else's

I like him. Something interesting for the paddock and the race track.

He’ll bring unpredictability which imo is what’s missing so badly from our sport right now.

At least last week was a bit of excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

BikeRacer wrote: »
    I'd love Russell to get the Merc seat and Vandoorne to Williams
    And then George to win with Valteri 3rd behind Max :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,226 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

quokula wrote: »
    I'm sure there's a good reason for it, but it seems strange to me that by design the fuel tank stays with the safety cell rather than with the power unit when the car splits.

In think we probably saw the reason in action. The engine has two or three litres of fuel which could ignite if it breaks. The fuel tank has a hundred litres of fuel which could ignite if it breaks.

Better to keep the fuel intact, even if the engine breaks and catches fire.

Top Dog wrote: »
    And then George to win with Valteri 3rd behind Max :pac:

George Russell or as I like to call him Lewis Hamilton 2.0

He’s just as boring to listen to and will most likely be just as good at the wheel from what we’ve seen.

Although a bit more error prone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Wow! Pietro Fittipaldi hasn't won a single race in the past 3 years, yet he still gets a seat this weekend :eek:

https://www.racefans.net/2020/11/30/how-pietro-fittipaldi-narrowly-qualified-for-his-f1-debut-this-weekend/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

So we are expecting to see Bottas once again outshined by his leading team mate this coming weekend.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I’d love for them to promote Russell.

Mind you, this could be as much bad news for Hamilton as it is Bottas. If they got Russell into the car and he was to win... and Hamilton yet to sign a contract...

I doubt Russell would perform as well to be honest. It’s a completely different car to what he’s been driving and just because it’s faster doesn’t necessarily mean he will be fine in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,693 ✭✭✭✭klose

I guess we will get our answer about anyone being able to win a grand prix in a merc so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Ocon is a mercedes academy driver so his name would be in the mix too

klose wrote: »
    I guess we will get our answer about anyone being able to win a grand prix in a merc so.

Yeah but that assumes normal circumstances. So at the first race they’ve al had the test sessions in Spain, loads of simulation work and then they turn up for the first race. If it’s the last race then they’ve all got the experience of the entire season in the car too.

Last time I remember a driver changing car this late in the season was fisechella moving from force India to Ferrari and that was a disaster.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Ocon is a mercedes academy driver so his name would be in the mix too

He’s gone now. Under contract to Renault so broke ties with Mercedes. Why would Renault allow him to leave and then they’ve got to get a new guy in the car?

Pretty sure Ocon is not in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

He’s gone now. Under contract to Renault so broke ties with Mercedes. Why would Renault allow him to leave and then they’ve got to get a new guy in the car?

Pretty sure Ocon is not in the mix.

Fair enough, though he was 'on loan' to renault

duploelabs wrote: »
    Fair enough, though he was 'on loan' to renault

Well, you’re right insofar as Toto said he was still on their radar and he was leaving on good terms because they just didn’t have a seat for him. So they might sign him again in future. But he wouldn’t be in the mix for this kind of short term deal as he’s under a normal contract to Renault.

Mercedes might offer a sweetened deal on engines to Williams if they release him. Does anyone know if Russell’s contract allows him to stand in for Mercedes

• Advertisement

Top Dog wrote: »
    Wow! Pietro Fittipaldi hasn't won a single race in the past 3 years, yet he still gets a seat this weekend :eek:

https://www.racefans.net/2020/11/30/how-pietro-fittipaldi-narrowly-qualified-for-his-f1-debut-this-weekend/

He is no impressive driver and will be forgotten

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement