Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2020 - General Discussion Thread (See MOD warning on first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

He really should have won the title that year, best driver by far in not the best car. That year was a great example of average driver + best car beats best driver of generation in mediocre car.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Rmulvany

Release date of July...
    You would imagine that they would be releasing this ASAP to capitalize on everyone stuck at home with their consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Rmulvany

I have yet to actually own an F1 console game, was actually considering getting the 2019 game and a wheel etc but now I think I'll hold out for F12020, I like the sound of the manager mode etc, and the other additions.

My last one was F1 2017 which sucked.
    I was planning to buy this one now as we're locked down anyway but sure it's not there and I'm not paying 60 quid for F12019 now!

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

July release surprised they don't release this now as people are in lock-in and make it a digital-only release for now. Perhaps it's still not gone through QA yet.

• Advertisement

Spain 1996 starting on YouTube in 5 minutes.

I'm not too bothered with the F1 games, I stick to Forza and the like. I'd been planning to get a Sim Rig set up for PC games, 3 monitor set-up and that but losing the job and the current circumstances making a lot of things like a steering wheel/pedals harder to come by has put that on the back-burner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭Infoanon

The Belgium Government has just announced that all large gatherings are banned until August 31st, this puts a question mark over the Spa race on August 30th which at best can now only take place behind closed doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,040 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Infoanon wrote: »
    The Belgium Government has just announced that all large gatherings are banned until August 31st, this puts a question mark over the Spa race on August 30th which at best can now only take place behind closed doors.

I think at this stage you can write this season off as it's not going to happen. Not unless they somehow get the vaccine the Chinese are supposed to be close to releasing as they are on the second phase of test trials with it. Maybe the 2021 season could start early say in January or February and the could have 26 races so effectively a double season in one year.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Aint no hope in hell this season takes place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Spain 1996 starting on YouTube in 5 minutes.
    Superb wet weather driving by Schumacher in that race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Superb wet weather driving by Schumacher in that race.

Finest victory of his career by far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Finest victory of his career by far

Spoilers..... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Spoilers..... :D

:pac::pac::pac:

Yes it was one of the great drives in F1 as a whole, let alone in MSC's career

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭weisses

ELM327 wrote: »
    My last one was F1 2017 which sucked.
    I was planning to buy this one now as we're locked down anyway but sure it's not there and I'm not paying 60 quid for F12019 now!

Then you are in luck .. only 15 quid

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/f1-2019-pc/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Aint no hope in hell this season takes place

The penny just dropped with me - no Autocourse in the Christmas stocking this year. :(

That's on PC!

That's on PC!

? You have me there :confused:

Ms

elperello wrote: »
    The penny just dropped with me - no Autocourse in the Christmas stocking this year. :(

What's Autocourse? Never heard of it.

Is there any F1 sports or even motoring magazines that might become collectors items like I mean valued a lot after this? Maybe the Autosport with the season guide to the season that never was?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

What time and channels) is the Chinese Formula 1 2020race on at this Sunday, anyone know please? I watched last weeks Le Clerc parade in Youtube for instance. Any links welcomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Inquitus wrote: »
    What time and channels) is the Chinese Formula 1 2020race on at this Sunday, anyone know please? I watched last weeks Le Clerc parade in Youtube for instance. Any links welcomed.

Is there one this week?

AMKC wrote: »
    What's Autocourse? Never heard of it.

Is there any F1 sports or even motoring magazines that might become collectors items like I mean valued a lot after this? Maybe the Autosport with the season guide to the season that never was?

Sorry I thought everyone knew about Autocourse the F1 annual.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autocourse

As for collectables you could be on to something there. There are collectors for all sorts of memorabilia. A sign for one of the 2020 Grand Prix would be the holy grail I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

elperello wrote: »
    Sorry I thought everyone knew about Autocourse the F1 annual.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autocourse

As for collectables you could be on to something there. There are collectors for all sorts of memorabilia. A sign for one of the 2020 Grand Prix would be the holy grail I guess.

They could do a whole annual on this years testing :P

I get the Autocourse calendar every year. Hang it up over my desk in the home office. Wonder will they have to reuse photos from the 2019 season for next years calendar, or maybe photos from this years testing?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Is there one this week?

Yes supposedly there is, I found these details at the link below:

19/04/2020
    Virtual Grand Prix
    F1
    China
    F1 2019 Shanghai International Circuit
    Qualifying, 50%-distance race
    Starts 18:00 BST

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB_qr75-ydFVKSF9Dmo6izg
    https://www.facebook.com/Formula1/
    https://www.twitch.tv/formula1

https://www.racefans.net/2020/04/17/how-to-watch-this-weekends-major-esports-races/

UnTg0XC.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

They're streamed on the F1 YouTube channel and the last few have been shown on Sky Sports F1 also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Get on Twitch, watch one of the drivers instead. Far more entertaining than the official live stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

GarIT wrote: »
    Essentially Sports, which if I recall correctly broke another story before (could have been a lucky guess), are claiming that Toto Wolf has bought shares in the Aston Martin F1 team.

Heard this on the the news on one of the radio stations in Dublin this evening - saying he bought 5% for investment purposes

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Heard this on the the news on one of the radio stations in Dublin this evening - saying he bought 5% for investment purposes

Seems to be a good few rumours about him, Stroll and Aston.
    He had a share of William's previously but had to sell it to take on the merc job.
    As he has ruled out taking the Aston Ceo job maybe he has got mercedes to ease up and let him buy a stake.
    It's looking more and more likely himself and hamilton are going to extend their contracts with merc

• Advertisement
    Ms

Is there one this week?

Yes there is. Its also on Sky Sports Mix at 6pm.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement