If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

65" TV Recommendation

Options
  • 01-12-2019 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys

I can't find my boards login details so I needed to set this up to get the question in ahead of tomorrow. I have bought from you before and looking for a new 65". 

I'm thinking about these 4. 

Samsung UE65RU8000
    Samsung QE65Q60R 
    LG 65SM8600PLA

The Samsung RU8000 which around for a while has a nice price and good reviews but there isn't much price wise between that and the Q60Q. I personally prefer LG but the 8000 and LG 8600 seem to be very close. 

I mainly watch Netflix, Amazon Prime and 720p live TV content. Don't watch a lot of sport. 

I like the price of the Samsung UE70RU7020 and its a little bigger but at just 5" I'd imagine I'd be better with a higher version TV. 

Any pointers would be most welcome. 

Thanks
    Alan

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

alacro wrote: »
    Hi guys

I can't find my boards login details so I needed to set this up to get the question in ahead of tomorrow. I have bought from you before and looking for a new 65". 

I'm thinking about these 4. 

Samsung UE65RU8000
    Samsung QE65Q60R 
    LG 65SM8600PLA

The Samsung RU8000 which around for a while has a nice price and good reviews but there isn't much price wise between that and the Q60Q. I personally prefer LG but the 8000 and LG 8600 seem to be very close. 

I mainly watch Netflix, Amazon Prime and 720p live TV content. Don't watch a lot of sport. 

I like the price of the Samsung UE70RU7020 and its a little bigger but at just 5" I'd imagine I'd be better with a higher version TV. 

Any pointers would be most welcome. 

Thanks
    Alan
    Hi Alan.

The QLED would be the better technology and produces the more realistic image.

The 7020 series can not compete with any of the other 3 unfortunately but is a decent TV for the money.

The SM8600 with its nano technology also produces an excellent picture and in my opinion is a close 2nd tot he QLED.

The 65RU800 is currently listed as an instore only collection and would need picked up from us here at the Belfast store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 alacro

Hi Kenny,

Thanks. Overlooked the collect in store on the 65RU800. There isn't much price wise re the QLED versus the LG. Online reviews seems to be mixed, some saying the QLED and others the LG but if the QLED is new I guess there must be improvements. Its 1049 euro vs 1111. Is delivery extra on them or would there be any sway price wise on either. 

Alan

Hi Kenny,

Thanks. Overlooked the collect in store on the 65RU800. There isn't much price wise re the QLED versus the LG. Online reviews seems to be mixed, some saying the QLED and others the LG but if the QLED is new I guess there must be improvements. Its 1049 euro vs 1111. Is delivery extra on them or would there be any sway price wise on either. 

Alan
    Hey Alacro.

Delivery is included in the Euro pricing.

At the minute those are the best prices unfortunately as we are still operating our Black Friday prices.

Hey Alacro.

At the minute those are the best prices unfortunately as we are still operating our Black Friday prices.

HI Kenny

I was travelling and seem to have missed the reduced prices. What's the best price on the LG SM 8600pla now or any residual pricing left on that stock?

Hey Alacro.

HI Kenny

I was travelling and seem to have missed the reduced prices. What's the best price on the LG SM 8600pla now or any residual pricing left on that stock?
    There a number of UK retailers still selling at the lower price 899 sterling. John Lewis for example. I appreciate they don't deliver to Ireland but I don't mind paying the 6.99 delivery if you can get that Euro price back :-)

• Advertisement

Hey Alacro.

HI Kenny

Hi Alacro.

Unfortunately the Black Friday promo finished yesterday evening.

The LG is currently £1099.

I've dropped you a little PM.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.