Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottomless Brunch

Options
  • 02-12-2019 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Anyone try this in Dywers? Apparently you can get unlimited prosecco or Mimosas for an hour and a half for 25 quid. T&C apply. Anyone know what the terms and conditions are?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'd imagine one of them is that if you are plastered, you will be asked to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭Markcheese

That just sounds weird... I'm going to an electrical store, on a weekend morning to get **** faced... And have poached eggs on toast...
    Although the cafe is supposed to be really good...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Markcheese wrote: »
    That just sounds weird... I'm going to an electrical store, on a weekend morning to get **** faced... And have poached eggs on toast...
    Although the cafe is supposed to be really good...

I can't tell if that's a wind up or not??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Nothing to see here, no problems with alcohol in this country.

.red. wrote: »
    I can't tell if that's a wind up or not??

Well yes about getting **** faced..
    But the cafe is supposed to really nice.. (But I haven't actually eaten there...)

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

But the cafe is supposed to really nice.. (But I haven't actually eaten there...)

It's not the same Dwyers! (one presumes, anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lol mixing up your Dwyers there I think ;)

It's not the same Dwyers! (one presumes, anyway).

Ttthhhhhaaaattttt makes more sense, I just didnt think of Washington Street...
    (... But Eden cafe in dwyers electrical is supposed to be nice... Mumble mumble mumble)

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Unlimited mimosas and an electric chainsaw please.

You should go to a brunch in Dubai, makes a bottomless brunch look like a toddlers tea party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Wonder what the fair usage policy is

You should go to a brunch in Dubai, makes a bottomless brunch look like a toddlers tea party.

I don't really care what they do in Dubai, I don't live there.

I don't really care what they do in Dubai, I don't live there.

What’s the issue with a bottomless brunch? It’s about 2 hours of Prosecco and some food. It’s a bit of craic for those who want to do it. I wouldnt do it as I’d rather a rake of pints rather than Prosecco but why you would get bothered over it is beyond me. The dryness is strong obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Ttthhhhhaaaattttt makes more sense, I just didnt think of Washington Street...
    (... But Eden cafe in dwyers electrical is supposed to be nice... Mumble mumble mumble)

When I read the OP I thought the same as you. I work near Forge Hill and go for breakfast once a week. Was looking forward to the next one :-)
    Ah well.

What’s the issue with a bottomless brunch? It’s about 2 hours of Prosecco and some food. It’s a bit of craic for those who want to do it. I wouldnt do it as I’d rather a rake of pints rather than Prosecco but why you would get bothered over it is beyond me. The dryness is strong obviously.

I don't care for wasted gob****es who see it as a challenge to floor as many within the timeframe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Its a crap offer really.
    The brunch there is only mediocre, certainly it is a far cry from bottomless. You'd still be hungry after it.

And as for the prosecco, what would you want with drinking prosecco at 11am? tis far from prosecco anyone in Cork was reared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Brunch is for wimps, there is only one thing annoys me more and that's people offering to meet me for breakfast, I always decline, is that how important you think I am that you can squeeze me in before work?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

The bitterness is strong in this thread LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

The bitterness is strong in this thread LOL

We should all meet for brunch and talk it over. Anyone know a good place?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Its a crap offer really.
    The brunch there is only mediocre, certainly it is a far cry from bottomless. You'd still be hungry after it.

And as for the prosecco, what would you want with drinking prosecco at 11am? tis far from prosecco anyone in Cork was reared.

To be fair not everyone conforms to the 'out at 9pm home at 3 am timeline'. People have different work schedules, sleep schedules etc...I've always been a morning person, I would think nothing of going for such a breakfast (though it doesn't interest me), but I wouldn't be arsed going out and coming home at 4 am after a lock-in and then sleeping until 2 in the afternoon as some people find 'fun'.

• Advertisement

To be fair not everyone conforms to the 'out at 9pm home at 3 am timeline'. People have different work schedules, sleep schedules etc...I've always been a morning person, I would think nothing of going for such a breakfast (though it doesn't interest me), but I wouldn't be arsed going out and coming home at 4 am after a lock-in and then sleeping until 2 in the afternoon as some people find 'fun'.

Im a fan of both, hit Charlie’s in the morning and come home at 2am when the last bar closes :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Im a fan of both, hit Charlie’s in the morning and come home at 2am when the last bar closes :D

You must be aged 18-26 then !!!

You must be aged 18-26 then !!!

I left my 20’s behind a few years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

What an apt username for this discussion. ;)

*clutches pearls* Quick, slap a ban on it.

Your heavy drinkers will have no interest whatsoever in several thimbles of prosecco with some poached eggs on toast. They will be in the early house, or at home with their slabs.

This is adding to the diversity of our food, drink and cultural offerings in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I don't care for wasted gob****es who see it as a challenge to floor as many within the timeframe.

You're making an assumption that will be the case. I'm sure there will be fools in attendance who get too drunk but that may be the exception rather than the rule (perhaps I'm the overly optimistic) Crawford and Co. have been doing this for quite some time and I don't think there's been a surge in drunken behaviour in the city - the same fools will be fools.

There is a drink culture in Ireland but it's people unable to stop drinking after they begin to indulge then overdoing it rather than the establishments serving them, that's my thoughts on it but look, this has been a topic of conversation in Ireland since the year dot

pwurple wrote: »
    This is adding to the diversity of our food, drink and cultural offerings in the city.

Overegging the pudding somewhat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Overegging the pudding somewhat.

How?

Our inner city is evolving away from strips of high street UK shops and moving to a more modern, wide range of offerings, where we have galleries, pubs, cafes, parks, events, sports and music venues in our city centers.

Brunch with a drink is one tiny additional pin in that map.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

pwurple wrote: »

Brunch with a drink is one tiny additional pin in that map.

Brunch with a drink does not equal brunch with all you can drink prosecco in a given time.

It is all over North America too and as someone said, Dubai too and I am sure plenty of other places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

If you don't have any responsibilities such as kids or work etc then at the weekend....

Daytime boozing > Nighttime boozing. IMO, of course!

Advertisement