Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best time for commute northbound N11/M50

• 02-12-2019 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Hi All,
    We lived in Greystones a few years ago and are considering a move back. As I remember the commute was pretty bleak; leaving GS at about 0715 and taking an hour or more to get to Leixlip and possibly longer on the return journey. I'm thinking that changing my working hours might be a solution. Would there be any improvement in leaving the house at 0845? and hitting Carrickmines around 1545?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Hi All,
    We lived in Greystones a few years ago and are considering a move back. As I remember the commute was pretty bleak; leaving GS at about 0715 and taking an hour or more to get to Leixlip and possibly longer on the return journey. I'm thinking that changing my working hours might be a solution. Would there be any improvement in leaving the house at 0845? and hitting Carrickmines around 1545?
    Cheers

Would take longer than an hour now leaving at that time unfortunately... no idea about leaving later personally I’d say leave earlier in the morning the better

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

I left Newtownmountkennedy this morning at 8:25am and was at Cherrywood by 8:55am

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Later can certainly help. However the big snag with leaving later is the increased likelihood of accidents causing congestion. If at all possible get going early.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

I used to commute to Grangecastle and left at approx 9:10/9:15. Used to take 35 mins. However, traffic started building up around the Tallaght exit so it could be considerably longer to Leixlip. You could maybe use the back roads between the n7 and n4 tho.

Advertisement