Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All's not well in FG.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

You're codding nobody. You push this baloney that FG would have done this or that but for external issues.
    Housing is ticking along just as FG want it. Otherwise they'd even suggest something new, they are not even suggesting change while the crises worsen so get up the yard.

See, this is where you fail.

FG do not want to have people homeless in emergency accommodation. They would love to be able to reduce the number to a few dozen, as most of all it would play well at election time and increase their share of the vote.
    The fact that some people think that this is some 'conspiracy' by FG is both laughable and idiotic

You're talking sh*te. FG are pushing FG poilcy and we see the result.

You mean FG who are in minority government and have to get all their legislation rubber stamped by FF? That FG policy?
    FG make their crises worse so no FG means improvement.

Clearly you are not good at math either.
    Even if you believe that FG are making things worse, blindly stating that no FG means things are better does not stand up. No FG may also make things even worse.
    Build social housing. You are a complete liar on this MarkO. We've discussed at great length the alternatives. Build instead of lease or buy. That simple. Everybody on boards knows alternatives are discussed whether they agree with them or not. 'no alternatives'? you chancer :rolleyes:
    No point in pretending to discuss if you constantly erase and repeat your shyte.

Yes, your South Park economies was a great barrel of laughes that had everyone both terribly confused and in stitches. No on backed you up on your sums yet we painstakingly went through the detail with you. You simply think building a few hundred houses is like buying a pint of Milk. Shows up your cogntitive ability tbh. It is not something I would be bringing attention to tbh.

Oh, and I never said, there are no alternatives, that FG are powerless. In fact I have criticsed them in many posts on things they could have done, but didnt.
    But some people think FG have the same power as the CCP in Beijing. Now they are truly lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Ive between 25-30 family members and mates that voted FG last time round, that arent voting this time round or voting other parties, possibly FF as best of a pathetic lot!

Mostly all working, one or two retired, pathetic infrastructure effecting their quality of life , mad rate of marginal tax, ridiculous cost of accommodation in dublin. Fg have failed them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    This poster has to be a windup. Is it one of the 3 amigos? Join date leads me to believe.

The strategic comms unit are about as subtle as a sledgehammer. Expect more of this nonsense in the run up to GE2020.

I find his/her posts amusing, plus it gives you an insight into the arrogance of a typical FG voter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Ive between 25-30 family members and mates that voted FG last time round, that arent voting this time round or voting other parties, possibly FF as best of a pathetic lot!

Mostly all working, one or two retired, pathetic infrastructure effecting their quality of life , mad rate of marginal tax, ridiculous cost of accommodation in dublin. Fg have failed them...

You’re consistent, I’ll give you that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

These people can’t be debated with.

No understanding of basic policies.

I often wonder how they get by everyday life.

Looks like the FG fanboys have bandied together.

• Advertisement

I find his/her posts amusing, plus it gives you an insight into the arrogance of a typical FG voter.

Yeah yeah yeah.

Pity FG still has the most voters according to the last poll.

Suppose they’re all wrong and you are right??

Now thats arrogance.

Looks like the FG fanboys have bandied together.

Once again.

What is this FG fanboys thing you have going on?

It’s pathetic and childish.

Debate the points like an adult.

I have no part in any FG conspiracy tin foil hat nonsense here that you like to imagine.

Let’s go.

Yeah yeah yeah.

Pity FG still has the most voters according to the last poll.

Suppose they’re all wrong and you are right??

Now thats arrogance.

The last poll I believe was on Friday in 4 constituencies, how did it go for FG?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Once again.

What is this FG fanboys thing you have going on?

It’s pathetic and childish.

Debate the points like an adult.

I have no part in any FG conspiracy tin foil hat nonsense here that you like to imagine.

Let’s go.

The only point I made is that government ministers have considerable influence if they choose to on decisions made at local level, especially on bad decisions that look bad to the general public. You chose to generalise me as "those people" after I made that point. That is churlish, childish and rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Liberta Per Gli Ultra

So how much would it cost the state to go it alone and what would be the return?

That statement would imply that you are satisfied with the cost, the model and the level of transparency. That article mentions a conflict of interest and a government review. It also mentions a claim from Eir that they could do it for 1 billion euro. If this 3 billion euro version is a public-private partnership thing, why is the state giving up ownership of the finished infrastructure to the benefit of the private firm? They will profit from the operation alone.

On a side note, you've posted in bad faith throughout this thread. You tried to spam the thread by posting the same article 3 times and have gone after posters instead of posts.

• Advertisement

That statement would imply that you are satisfied with the cost, the model and the level of transparency. That article mentions a conflict of interest and a government review. It also mentions a claim from Eir that they could do it for 1 billion euro. If this 3 billion euro version is a public-private partnership thing, why is the state giving up ownership of the finished infrastructure to the benefit of the private firm? They will profit from the operation alone.

On a side note, you've posted in bad faith throughout this thread. You tried to spam the thread by posting the same article 3 times and have gone after posters instead of posts.

Everyone knows eir just came in at the last minute to throw a spanner in the works with lies about what they could do and have been pulled up on it.

If you actually pay attention to the NBP thread you would know this.

Just having a go at the plan for the sake of it and no real knowledge of it.

Populist nonsense like Timmy Dooley tried but had to wind his neck in.

Fg aren’t sunk yet. Introduce an emergency budget and start start eliminating usc, like you promised. You can start with an overhaul of the welfare system too !

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/varadkar-at-the-mercy-of-his-opponents-following-no-confidence-vote-1.4103745?mode=amp

Good article. Time is virtually up , mm needs to pull the plug early in new year !

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Don't tell me, let me guess..............they are all thinking of voting Sinn Fein for the first time ever?

We were down this road before for the last few elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Nature or Nurture?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2019/1204/1096940-dara-murphy-politics/
    Fine Gael's Dara Murphy has resigned his seat as TD for Cork North Central.

Ah lovely, another Fine Gael TD milking it at taxpayer expense. Will he pay back those dodgy expenses now?

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/fine-gael-td-dara-murphy-formally-resigns-from-the-dil-38753209.html

Seems his ability with years as opposed to euro is not so good. He has not respresented his constituency for the last 9 years as he has been absent for the last two engaged on campaigning for FG's European partners for the last two years. Cynical behaviour at its worst .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Sums it up really.

Can he explain ongoing slow progress in delivering houses, and very poor handling of the CervicalCheck debacle, not to mention numbers of people on hospital trolleys?

Can he even have a go at dialling down the extraordinary case of the exiting TD Dara Murphy, working in Brussels since late 2017 and able to legitimately claim a D salary and expenses in the interim

I would add, the insurance crisis, and several of his TDs and MEPS cashing in on that easy ride too though. Also the Tusla/Maurice McCabe saga that happened under their watch, Irish Water and the Regina Doherty public service card trouble that's hurtling down the tracks.

• Advertisement

Sums it up really.
    I would add, the insurance crisis, and several of his TDs and MEPS cashing in on that easy ride too though. Also the Tusla/Maurice McCabe saga that happened under their watch, Irish Water and the Regina Doherty public service card trouble that's hurtling down the tracks.

Two recent screenings I have had done were carried out speedily. Breast Check and Bowel Cancer screening.

We will always hear the negatives. Rarely the positives.

Lots of articles on fg here. Few mentions of them and snakeadkar in the journal today. There are many defenders of them here. They are in a massive minority on the journal ...

Have just come across another thread now on after hours about our next Taoiseach mm. Varadkar getting dogs abuse again. He’s the emperor with no clothes. He has totally taken the absolute piss !

Lots of articles on fg here. Few mentions of them and snakeadkar in the journal today. There are many defenders of them here. They are in a massive minority on the journal ...

Have just come across another thread now on after hours about our next Taoiseach mm. Varadkar getting digs abuse again. He’s the emperor with no clothes. He has totally taken the absolute piss !

And conveniently that FF thread has been closed and not moved here.

Once again no negative vibes about FF allowed here.

Forces at play.

Forces at play.

Sure start your own thread about FF so....... This thread is about FG. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

FG playing out the way all 2 term governments do , inertia , arrogance , greed and corruption turn the public against them .

FG playing out the way all 2 term governments do , inertia , arrogance , greed and corruption turn the public against them .

True, Dara Murphy being the poster boy for greed with the blessing of Varadkar.

Sure start your own thread about FF so....... This thread is about FG. ;-)

I can’t start threads.

I can’t start threads.

Oh that's right , I forgot new account. Ah well I'm sure someone will start a thread berating FF soon there is an election coming soon. You can knock yourself out then.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Oh that's right , I forgot new account. Ah well I'm sure someone will start a thread berating FF soon there is an election coming soon. You can knock yourself out then.
    Nothing much to say about them, been so long since they were in government. Taking potshots at the incumbents is a given. They are not responsible for the end of the world(yet!) but pretty much everything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

Forces at play.

There is no difference between the 2 main parties except the second word of their name. Until Paddy wakes up and realises this we will continue to get amateur level services and entitled politicians. If they merged in the national interest I'd welcome it. At least then they could be held to account.

Advertisement