Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All's not well in FG.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Yet, we’ve got the third highest quality of life in the world. They must be doing something right. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ireland-has-third-highest-quality-of-life-in-world-says-un-report-1.4110646

Even if that is true it won’t be for much longer. They’ll use climate change for putting their hands in your pockets, control, and restrict peoples freedoms all in the name of climate change BS. But it will be grand because all the morons will still vote for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

blanch152 wrote: »
    Yes, she refutes an international independent report by drawing on a report by an "independent" trade union body.

She didn't refute it she examined the numbers and rich versus poor divide and how it has grown. She did reference the union in so far as Leo didn't acknowledge it's findings.
    Of course if you have a counter point to the unions report feel free to add it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Yet, we’ve got the third highest quality of life in the world. They must be doing something right. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ireland-has-third-highest-quality-of-life-in-world-says-un-report-1.4110646

I'm not buying it. Even moreso, as you know we don't really do accurate stats.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I'm not buying it. Even moreso, as you know we don't really do accurate stats.

The UN report is real but based only on three criteria. Read Collette Brown's opinion piece I linked above.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Big FCUK YOU, to the incoming new govt?

They had their fun, and that's all that matters.

But polling suggests the current government have a good chance of being returned. So a big FCUK YOU to themselves?

Also, TD expense reform effects all TDs. Not just government TDs.

I thought you would have supported such a measure. You surprise me.

At least you got another dig in. That's always important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

But polling suggests the current government have a good chance of being returned. So a big FCUK YOU to themselves?

Also, TD expense reform effects all TDs. Not just government TDs.

I thought you would have supported such a measure. You surprise me.

At least you got another dig in. That's always important.

I am fully supportive of them closing loopholes that prevent them lining their own pockets, whether that's for Enda/Healy Rays or anyone else clocking in, but fcuking off elsewhere and claiming expenses, or Dara Murphy double jobbing, means the same to me.

"Got the dig in" because it is quite clear that it's only happening because of exposure and it was brought to light.

Just like Maria Bailey made Leo declare that all personal injury claims must be made public going forward, he still did the square root of fcuk all to sanction her until the DLR local outfit made a move, proving the dodgy claim was ok, until it became clear out would cost them votes.

They're not sorry, not a bit of it, they're only sorry they got caught Colonel.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

I didn't see any private members bills looking for expense reform.

There's action and then there's inaction. Which party is proposing TD expense reform, a policy which you support?

It's ok. You don't have to say it if you don't want to.

I didn't see any private members bills looking for expense reform.

There's action and then there's inaction. Which party is proposing TD expense reform, a policy which you support?

It's ok. You don't have to say it if you don't want to.

Let me know what part of this you don't get and I'll run through it with you.
    I am fully supportive of them closing loopholes that prevent them lining their own pockets, whether that's for Enda/Healy Rays or anyone else clocking in, but fcuking off elsewhere and claiming expenses, or Dara Murphy double jobbing, means the same to me.

I don't care who reform's it, just get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭antimatterx

ELM327 wrote: »
    I will be voting FG

+1 - As will I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Calhoun wrote: »
    Even at that the whole antisemitism stuff dogging them lately has taken the shine off.

You don't know the opposite either, the only party you have actually pushed forward as an alternative have a fairly bloody past, up until the past couple of years. They also have plenty of allegations of bullying and seem to be undemocratic.

I am open minded though im not stuck to any party but just more cautious of the ones that i know will tax me into oblivion.

True but you were pretty confident ;)
    markodaly wrote: »
    Quoting my own post, seeing as that only one person actually fronted up on who they are going to vote for and why.

Although Matt seems to be going for FF all the way, which I find funny.

Matt: "FF cannot be any worse than this FG shower.."
    Brian Cowen: "Hold my beer..."

Cut the shyte clown talk MarkO. It suits you but adds nothing of substance.
    You'll ridicule those you infer support FF but they're good enough to get into bed with? :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

True but you were pretty confident ;)

That would be due to the nature of right versus left wing politics. If any party is less likely to increase the tax burden on the tax payer its going to be FG/FF.

However no-one could really say for sure unless we had a fully costed plan for government.

The big barrier to any future party coming into government is nobody wants to tackle the overspend in the public sector, so the only way your going to get some of the promises is through an increase in tax.

In keeping with the title of the thread.

Row erupts at Fine Gael parliamentary meeting over TD's criticism of Eoghan Murphy https://jrnl.ie/4929081

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Row erupts at Fine Gael parliamentary meeting over TD's criticism of Eoghan Murphy https://jrnl.ie/4929081

This one is interesting as its not one of the existing political camps criticizing or maybe it is.

It’s a bit late to be criticising him now. The vote is over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I imagine FG TDs are getting nervous now. Only 3-4 months before GE20 and they lost 16 seats in 2016.

The likes of Bailey, Farrell, Madigan, D Murphy, Mulherins, V Murphy, Kenny have made them look like self serving dishonest idiots.

I predict they will lose another 10 seats.

I imagine FG TDs are getting nervous now. Only 3-4 months before GE20 and they lost 16 seats in 2016.

The likes of Bailey, Farrell, Madigan, D Murphy, Mulherins, V Murphy, Kenny have made them look like self serving dishonest idiots.

I predict they will lose another 10 seats.

Now that you mention Bailey, I wonder was she present for this meeting where compo claims came in for scrutiny.

https://m.independent.ie/breaking-news/irish-news/taoiseach-raises-prospect-of-insurance-referendum-to-cap-payouts-in-injury-claims-38776291.html

It’s a bit late to be criticising him now. The vote is over.

Tell that to Maria Bailey, a report apparently vindicated her of any and all wrongdoings regarding her personal injury claim, and trying to extract a large sum of money from a Dublin based business.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Calhoun wrote: »
    That would be due to the nature of right versus left wing politics. If any party is less likely to increase the tax burden on the tax payer its going to be FG/FF.

However no-one could really say for sure unless we had a fully costed plan for government.

The big barrier to any future party coming into government is nobody wants to tackle the overspend in the public sector, so the only way your going to get some of the promises is through an increase in tax.
    With the economy growing. You can cut income taxes , if you freeze welfare. But that would be taboo beyond comprehension here for any party ! I mean this budget , fg were kite flying. Talking about only a welfare increase. No income tax decreases! That’s the rewarding early risers party! They need to change their tag to match the rest of them , ‘ rewarding the late risers ‘

Tell that to Maria Bailey, a report apparently vindicated her of any and all wrongdoings regarding her personal injury claim, and trying to extract a large sum of money from a Dublin based business.

I’m not sure what your point is. Maria has been brought to book by her party and been deselected as a party candidate. I’m sure that the hotel could sue her.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Idbatterim wrote: »
    With the economy growing. You can cut income taxes , if you freeze welfare. But that would be taboo beyond comprehension here for any party ! I mean this budget , fg were kite flying. Talking about only a welfare increase. No income tax decreases! That’s the rewarding early risers party! They need to change their tag to match the rest of them , ‘ rewarding the late risers

This is one of the reasons I am looking to switch from FG - no idea where though

• Advertisement

I messaged the European Commission and Juncker on Dara Murphy along the lines of how are we supposed to take your organisation seriously. I included a link to the RTE story about how, shock horror, Murphy will have no comeuppance. It lists his behaviour though for all to see.
    At least Varadkar, Harris and Co. got to look like they cared, for anyone thick enough to buy it.

I messaged the European Commission and Juncker on Dara Murphy along the lines of how are we supposed to take your organisation seriously. I included a link to the RTE story about how, shock horror, Murphy will have no comeuppance. It lists his behaviour though for all to see.
    At least Varadkar, Harris and Co. got to look like they cared, for anyone thick enough to buy it.

Varadkar doesn't care, he defended Murphy when the behaviour and lack of representation was indefensible.
    https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/hugh-oconnell-handsoff-taoiseach-lets-paschal-donohoe-take-charge-of-debacle-over-doublejobbing-dara-murphy-38777215.html

Both Murphy and Kenny are a running joke, the invisible men in the Dail. Leo has no excuse. He's insulting the public by pretending he gives a f***.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Let us know how you get on, I would be interested to know if they take your message seriously.

Let us know how you get on, I would be interested to know if they take your message seriously.

Will do. What's not to take serious?
    Why are you here? Just curious, do you have an opinion on this or just breezing through to see if we are recycling?

You're supposedly a green No1 voter who didn't take the party's representatives votes of no confidence in the housing minister seriously.

Irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Idbatterim wrote: »
    That’s the rewarding early risers party! They need to change their tag to match the rest of them , ‘ rewarding the late risers ‘

God, more weight has been attached to that “people who get up early in the morning” than to any other throwaway remark in a party leadership contest. Varadkar later 'elaborated' on it to encompass anyone with any sort of job:
    “What it refers to is effectively two million people who work in Ireland for a living...It’s the middle class, it’s middle Ireland..."
    Mr Varadkar struggled to define what he meant by the middle-class. He suggested 70 per cent of people, including those on the minimum wage, are middle-class.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/leo-and-the-lie-in-taoiseach-gets-up-early-and-exercises-1.3168444

You're supposedly a green No1 voter who didn't take the party's representatives votes of no confidence in the housing minister seriously.

Irony.

Do you not believe the poster is a genuine and staunch Green Party supporter? I certainly do. His repeated defence of FG is just a coincidence and you should not attach any significance to said defence. ;-)
    Anyway be careful or you will be accused of getting personal.

I’m not sure what your point is. Maria has been brought to book by her party and been deselected as a party candidate. I’m sure that the hotel could sue her.

You do know what point I'm making.

But it's much more convenient to hide behind the pretence of not knowing.

I get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭riddles

I know this is being recycled but its worth another look.

A breakdown of his pension entitlements will see him get:

€74,140 a year for his six years as Taoiseach;
    €46,336 in a basic TD’s pension
    €6,000 for his time as a junior minister and minister in 1980s and 90s
    €378,000 in termination lump sum payments.

Meaning a pension of 126K a year - for Enda Kenny

Advertisement