Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All's not well in FG.

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I remember Leo when FF were in power. The running joke is that he was the opposition spokesman for everything! They could not keep him away from a microphone no matter what the topic was. I did have great hopes for him back then.

Was he not the Minister for Transport when the country ran out of salt during those blizzards years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

How so? I've worked in fast food. Why do you assume it's a slur on the workers, do you look down on fast food workers? Not high quality, high paying jobs mind.

So you agree youth employment going up is a good thing, great.

Not at all looking down on anything, have worked in most of the supermarkets here myself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭threeball

I remember Leo when FF were in power. The running joke is that he was the opposition spokesman for everything! They could not keep him away from a microphone no matter what the topic was. I did have great hopes for him back then.

Leo was always a spoofer and I could never understand how the party chose him over Coveney who is far more competent and grounded. It was symptomatic of today's issues of the public always choosing style over substance. They really need to jettison him asap as his tenure has been one pr disaster after another.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

And even when the blueshirts got into power, he was always an expert on others ministerial departments and simultaneously being diabolical in his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The Indo really is going to town on fg this past while, it seems like ever since Dennis O'Brien left the scene they've had a real hardon for them.....

The latest article is implying Leo and his buds are all a bunch of misogynistic arseholes.

Read it for yourself.

'Male, stale Fine Gael has a problem with women... and Leo isn't helping'

Ouch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭antimatterx

McMurphy wrote: »
    The Indo really is going to town on fg this past while, it seems like ever since Dennis O'Brien left the scene they've had a real hardon for them.....

The latest article is implying Leo and his buds are all a bunch of misogynistic arseholes.

Read it for yourself.

'Male, stale Fine Gael has a problem with women... and Leo isn't helping'

Ouch.

I'm actually stunned they wrote that. Verona Murphy should be let nowhere near politics. It doesn't matter if it's FG or another party. There's a reason she lost.

Also, Maria Bailey, the same goes. They're not being dropped because they're women. They're were dropped because they are ignorant, and fraudulent respectfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

I'm actually stunned they wrote that. Verona Murphy should be let nowhere near politics. It doesn't matter if it's FG or another party. There's a reason she lost.

Also, Maria Bailey, the same goes. They're not being dropped because they're women. They're were dropped because they are ignorant, and fraudulent respectfully.

It could equally be surmised that they were dropped because one had become unelectable and the other had lost a by-election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Was he not the Minister for Transport when the country ran out of salt during those blizzards years ago?

Nope. That was the tail end of the Cowan government in the winter 2010-2011. Varadkar made sure to get in loads of salt when he came into the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Great day, Christmas has come early as Dara Murphy surprise surprise said he’s pleading the 5th

I see also today that expletive deletive Michael Fingleton has his investigation into him dismissed too

We literally are lying down and taking it. We’re being shafted by charlatans and sadly we’ll hand them back their power come election time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

So you agree youth employment going up is a good thing, great.

Not at all looking down on anything, have worked in most of the supermarkets here myself

All employment is generally a good thing. Even if the salary is too low to afford rent, the tax payer will pick up the slack, as it should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

He's some chancer. He let it go on for two years. I wonder is he keeping tabs on Enda? Is he f***.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Murphy is now working for the European People`s Party of which Fine Gael are members, so technically isn`t he still working for Fine Gael.?

As Maryanne often said on here, "Where there`s a will there`s a way".
    But then there may not be that much will as far as Fine Gael are concerned and out of sight out of mind suits them better

Advertisement