Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All's not well in FG.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

no Matt, thats not it at all

you want to have your standard rant about ff/fg

when asked two simple questions- ill repeat:

who do back yourself?

who would the electorate possibly put into power that would be an improvement?

you run the usual mile

its functionally useless to want to have a go at the only two parties that have ever held government- lamentable thought their records may be- unless you can answer the simplest response about the alternative you back or envisage.

which- just saying- youve still not done.

Nope. Wasn't a rant. A poster and I were discussing the quality of the parties. We disagreed on FG. I posted my issues with FG. You came in with a diversion. And now are calling me out to volunteer jumping down your rabbit hole.I'll answer the on topic question:

PBP, The Greens, Sinn Fein, the SD's, a bunch of indies. Any of those might be an improvement.
    No government, only non policy making civil servants would be better than FG. FG make matters worse. No party in power would be better than FG.

Now, can you give some reasons why FG are the boys and girls for the job? Or have you begun work on another rabbit hole rather than respond straight?

Also:
    you run the usual mile

Give one example ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

ELM327 wrote: »
    Remind me again, who created the HSE and introduced healthcare in its current format? I don't think you'll find Leo behind this.

(I do agree that, with the amount we pay for the HSE, it should be free at point of use like the NHS)

HSE at the time was a good enough idea to streamline and centralise services and certainly a far better option that the Health Boards of the day which were nothing but dens of nepotism designed to take as much money as possible out of the health system . Unions crippled the HSE from the start. The balance between administration and actual medical staff is arseways.

FG 2010/11 Promised to remodel the whole system - AFAIR Dutch models and possibly a few more were mentioned. Our health system was going to be the envy of the world and waiting lists would be all but a distant memory !!!

ELM327 wrote: »
    Yet if they did nothing the rent a mob would be complaining about no childrens hospital for de childer, joe.

The need for the hospital is undisputed. No-one is arguing that. The total mismanagement of the whole tender is what has people pissed off. That's under FGs' watch so it's their baby.

The event centre in Cork is another BTW. Coveney has gone flag waving about that ever single time there's been an election , local election or bye-election. Still no event centre though. I'm expecting the next big announcement on it in either late March or early April. I was actually present in Turners Cross as well in August 2018 when he declared in his speech during the Festival of Football that the funding for the Glanmire Centre of Excellence would be announced in 30 days time...

please dont draw false equivalence between:

your always being against FG/FF without every stating who you are for, when it's clear you're here to lobby on behalf of a set group

and

my pointing it out.

thats a different thing than constant trumpeting about how everything is rotten and everyone is stupid because your outfit isnt in charge.

for the next election, I'll probably look to vote labour/green, if the candidates look half competent. after that, FG, with the same caveat. they havent pushed me far enough to vote FF yet.

because we all know you pick your govt party and the flavour you would like on top, until FF/FG or FF/SF meld.

people think this is a bad thing, but its actually good to have a similarish alternative to whip the govt with without having to go full basket-case

you dont get a "no govt" alternative. and everyone has a very good idea of what your alternative would look like in govt- an *actual* disaster.

which is why you like to perform outrage at everyday government, and avoid the question of your own fealty. a bunch of nutters who couldn't run a charity bogsnorkle without three murders and a drugs bust.

go wan will ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Normally I take a pretty dim view of any elected public representative who vacates their seat before their term is up without a good excuse but in the case of Dara Murphy I'll make an exception, good riddance to the spoofer. As a resident of Cork North Central I can honestly say that he's been useless for the people of this constituency over the last almost 9 years, the only thing he's any good at is riding the gravy train, he's obviously supping plenty of it along the way judging by that ever expanding double chin of his, hope there's enough cash in Brussels to keep that wife of his in peroxide.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Seamai wrote: »
    hope there's enough cash in Brussels to keep that wife of his in peroxide.

Saucer of milk to post 185 please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭mikemac2

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    110% this. Craftily done I might add. Kate O'Connell pulling the strings. The vultures are circling.

How is a pretty much unknown backbencher pulling the strings?

She isn't even a junior minister.

Saucer of milk to post 185 please.

I haven't even started, he'll be getting the full lash of my tongue if he ever crosses my path.

please dont draw false equivalence between:

your always being against FG/FF without every stating who you are for, when it's clear you're here to lobby on behalf of a set group

and

my pointing it out.

thats a different thing than constant trumpeting about how everything is rotten and everyone is stupid because your outfit isnt in charge.

for the next election, I'll probably look to vote labour/green, if the candidates look half competent. after that, FG, with the same caveat. they havent pushed me far enough to vote FF yet.

because we all know you pick your govt party and the flavour you would like on top, until FF/FG or FF/SF meld.

people think this is a bad thing, but its actually good to have a similarish alternative to whip the govt with without having to go full basket-case

you dont get a "no govt" alternative. and everyone has a very good idea of what your alternative would look like in govt- an *actual* disaster.

which is why you like to perform outrage at everyday government, and avoid the question of your own fealty. a bunch of nutters who couldn't run a charity bogsnorkle without three murders and a drugs bust.

go wan will ya

Comrade I'd be partial towards the SD's. I've stated this numerous times. I'm a former hardcore Labour supporter. It has absolutely nothing to do with FG aside from giving people like yourself an excuse to dodge discussing Fine Gael.
    What is so great about FG? Why are you talking them up in every manner but explaining why they are the best option? If you genuinely support Green/Lab or what ever still tell me why FG are the best option or a better option? That was the discussion you barged in on and tried to take off road.
    FG must be delighted with all the support they get from Greens ;)
    My favouring the SD's can be a dodge, (if FG are so bad how come the SD's etc. etc. etc.) or will you man up and tell me why FG are so amaze balls?

Here's a stepping point:
    FF crashed the entire country, again. FG took this blank slate opportunity to waste billions on a crony quango and clinics where ever Reilly wanted, jobs for 'our own'. Then to hold on to power they took on FF making them viable again, (quicker at any rate). FG have overseen and exacerbated national housing and homeless crises and all they can do is hire shills to go onto social media to try blame it all on the tiny amount of Margret Cash's in the county. So don't make me f***ing laugh.

Where am I ranting here and how?

great to hear youre on the sd bandwagon, maybe big them up a little more. dont be shy. I'll consider them meself tbh.

what makes FG great? theyre better than FF, and thats the only other party that can establish a government.

thats all. nothing great about them.

hence voting Green/Lab ahead of em, but finding it pointless for people to relentlessly rubbish them as if we ever had great govt, or as if we actually lived in a war zone.

the posters that do so constantly, its actively irksome.

Normally I take a pretty dim view of any elected public representative who vacates their seat before their term is up without a good excuse but in the case of Dara Murphy I'll make an exception, good riddance to the spoofer. As a resident of Cork North Central I can honestly say that he's been useless for the people of this constituency over the last almost 9 years, the only thing he's any good at is riding the gravy train, he's obviously supping plenty of it along the way judging by that ever expanding double chin of his, hope there's enough cash in Brussels to keep that wife of his in peroxide.

Was it worst attendance ever and still claiming travel? ;)

But hurlers in the ditch and all that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Far from clear that the alliance he identifies will have the numbers to form a government. FG was six points ahead of FF in the latest national opinion poll. FF will to do a lot better than that if it is to be leading a government not involving FG or SF.

great to hear youre on the sd bandwagon, maybe big them up a little more. dont be shy. I'll consider them meself tbh.

what makes FG great? theyre better than FF, and thats the only other party that can establish a government.

thats all. nothing great about them.

hence voting Green/Lab ahead of em, but finding it pointless for people to relentlessly rubbish them as if we ever had great govt, or as if we actually lived in a war zone.

the posters that do so constantly, its actively irksome.

I mention them when ever it comes up. I don't have a party as such but you folk don't understand that kind of thinking. I think the country would better off with less party/team come what may supporters.

Talk about band wagon
    So if the Healy-Raes had a chance at wining a majority they'd be in the running for you?

Well chief, I think it's our civic duty to call out gross incompetence and cronyism however unpopular FG and their followers try to make that practice.
    If you can point to any giving out with no substance or backup, I'd agree but FF/FG are always giving the material.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Just when you mention the wife it all came back to me, isn't this the spoofer that commandeered a Garda squad car to taxi him and his wife to Dublin airport the whole day from Cork (at tax payers expense) for some very important seminar (don't quite remember) but when folk dug down into it, the function he was in a rush for wasn't until the next day or so, and the blaggart had the wife with him too (at tax payers expense), apparently she was on a shopping junket ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Comrade I'd be partial towards the SD's. I've stated this numerous times. I'm a former hardcore Labour supporter. It has absolutely nothing to do with FG aside from giving people like yourself an excuse to dodge discussing Fine Gael.
    What is so great about FG? Why are you talking them up in every manner but explaining why they are the best option? If you genuinely support Green/Lab or what ever still tell me why FG are the best option or a better option? That was the discussion you barged in on and tried to take off road.
    FG must be delighted with all the support they get from Greens ;)
    My favouring the SD's can be a dodge, (if FG are so bad how come the SD's etc. etc. etc.) or will you man up and tell me why FG are so amaze balls?

Here's a stepping point:

Where am I ranting here and how?

You said you would SF a chance a while back.

What changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Ah, the Indo thinking it has an insight into politics again. FG would be more worried if the Indo couldn't find a few self-important whingers. It's the right move to dump her and it's not as if it wasn't a blindingly obvious outcome given how she blindsided the party with her nonsense a few weeks before the bye election. Plenty of councillors and others will be shouting Me , me, me! Martin too should be looking at his councillors over Clifford Lee.

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Not a fan of Leo but they came 2nd in 3 of the by-elections except where they ran a washed up dinosaur (Reilly).
    It's a bad result in terms of the arithmetic of the Dail for sure but then as governing party running TDs for Europe was going to make yourself a hostage to fortune.
    They actually only lost one seat in a constituency where SF rolled out GA and few turned out to vote. Government parties tend to lose by-elections as a matter of course. A lot of candidates were being road tested for GE20.

You said you would SF a chance a while back.

What changed?

I was called out on a SF topic. Yes I would vote SF over and above FF/FG. No change. O'Snodaigh is my local SF and I never gave him a vote in my life. Have given a nod to others in SF, defo.
    is_that_so wrote: »
    Ah, the Indo thinking it has an insight into politics again. FG would be more worried if the Indo couldn't find a few self-important whingers...

Was different when Dinny was in there right? ;)

'whingers', it's that arrogance always has Fine Gael in the ha'penny place next to FF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

is_that_so wrote: »
    Ah, the Indo thinking it has an insight into politics again. FG would be more worried if the Indo couldn't find a few self-important whingers. It's the right move to dump her and it's not as if it wasn't a blindingly obvious outcome given how she blindsided the party with her nonsense a few weeks before the bye election. Plenty of councillors and others will be shouting Me , me, me! Martin too should be looking at his councillors over Clifford Lee.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/views/analysis/daniel-mcconnell-byelections-2019-fallout-sees-martin-on-the-move-with-varadkar-stuck-in-reverse-967687.html

Not just the Indo.

It's a cavalcade of quotes masquerading as crap journalism. No politico ever refused a microphone for a solo run!

I was called out on a SF topic. Yes I would vote SF over and above FF/FG. No change. O'Snodaigh is my local SF and I never gave him a vote in my life. Have given a nod to others in SF, defo.

'whingers', it's that arrogance always has Fine Gael in the ha'penny place next to FF.
    Politicians whinge, especially backbenchers. It is in the ha'ppeny place - Paddy H was the man.

• Advertisement

Was different when Dinny was in there right? ;)

Irish people are whingers though.

Spoiled kids who think the world owes them a living.

True Irish people do whinge as do most other nationalities depending on what the subject matter is.

This however is a stupid comment.

This however is a stupid comment.

The sense of entitlement and whinging is off the scale in this country.

NIMBYS at every corner.

Whinge whinge whinge.

NIMBYS at every corner.

Whinge whinge whinge.

The irony, whinging about whinging.

Says you, (first time caller, long time listener citing my past postings).

So in short, people have issues with FG because they are whingers, just cause they always are. Understood.

NIMBYS at every corner.

Whinge whinge whinge.

Maybe if FG put the tax payer on level pegging with vulture funds and uncle Dinny?

Yeah people don't like being called out on their cronyism and incompetence. They won't win any voters with that attitude though.

Sure Kenny and FG got in whinging about their kissing cousins FF.

Says you, (first time caller, long time listener citing my past postings).

So in short, people have issues with FG because they are whingers, just cause they always are. Understood.

Maybe if FG put the tax payer on level pegging with vulture funds and uncle Dinny?

Yeah people don't like being called out on their cronyism and incompetence. They won't win any voters with that attitude though.

Sure Kenny and FG got in whinging about their kissing cousins FF.

Uncle Dinny?

That’s the level of debate around here.

Uncle Dinny?

That’s the level of debate around here.

Excuse me?
    Originally Posted by Jinglejangle69 View Post

NIMBYS at every corner.

Whinge whinge whinge.

Denis O'Brien. Does that help?

Just when you mention the wife it all came back to me, isn't this the spoofer that commandeered a Garda squad car to taxi him and his wife to Dublin airport the whole day from Cork (at tax payers expense) for some very important seminar (don't quite remember) but when folk dug down into it, the function he was in a rush for wasn't until the next day or so, and the blaggart had the wife with him too (at tax payers expense), apparently she was on a shopping junket ?

Got it in one!

• Advertisement

Could only read one line of some journalist ranting.

Have you a link to the rest?

Advertisement