Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jailed for trespassing

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I see two problems here, first he was tresspassing which it illegal and then making rabbit stew..... wheres the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

cant do the thyme, dont do the crime

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

• Registered Users Posts: 69,056 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Trespassing, and form for it (mentioned in other reports, not that one)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Title makes it sound like it was the act of cooking that is illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,606 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Thread title has literally nothing to do with anything..

While eating rabbit in the canteen when I worked in france many years ago one of my co workers told me that with the head off and skinned it is hard to tell the difference between a rabbit and a cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

No one should be jailed for trespassing on land (inside a woman or girl's bedroom is a different matter).

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

No one should be jailed for trespassing on land (inside a woman or girl's bedroom is a different matter).

What if he was only making Rabbit Stew in there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Poor old Frodo and Sam, they would have gone hungry in Ithilien without herbs and stewed rabbit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Why is making rabbit stew illegal? Serious question.

Boggles wrote: »
    What if he was only making Rabbit Stew in there?
    Not realistic unless he didn't realise that she was in there. I don't think that anyone should be jailed for breaking into an empty house to make stew. We've all done it.

While eating rabbit in the canteen when I worked in france many years ago one of my co workers told me that with the head off and skinned it is hard to tell the difference between a rabbit and a cat.

:eek:

So in essence he has skinned and eaten a cat?

jailed for making stew!

Actually, scratch that....
    Three months in jail for hunting rabbits to eat them!

When in fact.....
    he pleaded guilty to a charge of roaming land in contravention of the Wildlife Act.

GTFO of here with your clickbait nonsense

Not realistic unless he didn't realise that she was in there. I don't think that anyone should be jailed for breaking into an empty house to make stew. We've all done it.

I've only done it a few times and it wasn't rabbit stew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭Murt10

I've just gone right off rabbit. :eek::eek:

The article states "He makes stew from the caught rabbit, which is illegal."

Well that's news to me. Sounds as though English isn't the journalists first language. Surprised it wasn't picked up before publishing, then again, Machiavellian thoughts - No such thing as bad publicity. - Drives traffic to the Kildare Now website.

Why is making rabbit stew illegal? Serious question.
    Why wasn't the GOBSHEEN of a landowner named?
    Actually, scratch that....

When in fact.....

GTFO of here with your clickbait nonsense

We should all have the right to roam! Who is the GOBSHEEN landowner getting honest father's of four jailed for going for a walk?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,643 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

He said that hunting rabbits was a pastime, handed down by the defendant’s father. He makes stew from the caught rabbit, which is illegal.

Either making stew from caught rabbits is illegal*, or it's just atrocious journalism.

*consuming illegally hunted game, or whatever the actual wording might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

He wouldn’t have got that if he’d burgled the house.

• Advertisement

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Poor old Frodo and Sam, they would have gone hungry in Ithilien without herbs and stewed rabbit.
    Well said!

No doubt this judge would have given them three months for the rabbits and six for the stolen ring!

So I should be allowed to just waltz into your garden anytime I want?

So I should be allowed to just waltz into your garden anytime I want?
    According to the law you would be as long as you didn't make any stews or hotpots.
    osarusan wrote: »
    Either making stew from caught rabbits is illegal*, or it's just atrocious journalism.

*consuming illegally hunted game, or whatever the actual wording might be.

I believe the crime is use of a slow cooker with intent to supply.

According to the law you would be as long as you didn't make any stews or hotpots.

I believe the crime is use of a slow cooker with intent to supply.

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I bet if it was your land they were trespassing on with a gun you'd want them locked up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,998 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You don't get advertising revenue on boards.ie posts so no need for the clickbait thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You must've missed the part in the article where it tells us that he was hunting rabbits with lurchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭circadian

Do you write for the sun? Look look one of their clickbait headlines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

biko wrote: »
    Title makes it sound like it was the act of cooking that is illegal.

Maybe it should be for some people:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement