Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jailed for trespassing

Options
2»

Comments

We should all have the right to roam! Who is the GOBSHEEN landowner getting honest father's of four jailed for going for a walk?

I thought he was jailed for making stew?

Also, seeing as we all have the right to roam, stick your address up there on Boards and we'll all pop round to your gaff for an auld roam.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,489 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Travelers are regularly hunting the fields behind my house in Lucan for rabbits with their dogs. I've seen them finish off ones still alive with a hammer. I can only presume they eat the rabbits themselves or feed them to their dogs? Didn't know this was illegal? What is illegal, the trespassing or killing rabbits with your dogs? They don't own these fields, but it is hardly trespassing as there are no signs up and it is easy to enter these fields from many different directions. Not much in the way of gates, fences or walls.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

unkel wrote: »
    Travelers are regularly hunting the fields behind my house in Lucan for rabbits with their dogs. I've seen them finish off ones still alive with a hammer. I can only presume they eat the rabbits themselves or feed them to their dogs? Didn't know this was illegal? What is illegal, the trespassing or killing rabbits with your dogs? They don't own these fields, but it is hardly trespassing as there are no signs up and it is easy to enter these fields from many different directions. Not much in the way of gates, fences or walls.

Actually the hunting part of it is illegal if you dont have the landowners permission to kill them (Also landowner would have to pay you to kill them).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Kimbot wrote: »
    Actually the hunting part of it is illegal if you dont have the landowners permission to kill them (Also landowner would have to pay you to kill them).
    Ridiculous! Rabbits are vermin!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

unkel wrote: »

Entering somebody elses land without their permission for the purpose of hunting wild animals is an offence in itself. The lack of signs or obstacles to entry is not relevant.

• Advertisement

Entering somebody elses land without their permission for the purpose of hunting wild animals is an offence in itself. The lack of signs or obstacles to entry is not relevant.
    Ridiculous!

What a country- some 'landowner' who probably got the land off the British or something can get an honest Irishman jailed for hunting Rabbits.

Who is this judge Zaidan any way? Zaidan isn't a Kildare name. Is he an actual judge or forty rabbits in a judge's costume?

Is Zaidan in fact a rabbit?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ridiculous! Rabbits are vermin!
    When you can shoot rabbits
    If you are the occupier of land, you can shoot rabbits on your land during the day and can authorise, in writing, one other person to do so. That person must be part of your household, one of your staff or be employed for reward to specifically control the rabbits.

You can shoot rabbits at night only if you are:
    - an owner/occupier with shooting rights
    - a landlord/landlady who has reserved their shooting rights
    - a shooting tenant not in occupation who has derived the shooting rights from the owner
    - an occupier, or one other person authorised by the occupier in writing, where the occupier has written authority from someone with the shooting rights

https://www.pitchcare.ie/news-media/rabbits-and-the-law-5729018d62d6c.html

Ridiculous!

But so very true ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ridiculous!

What a country- some 'landowner' who probably got the land off the British or something can get an honest Irishman jailed for hunting Rabbits.

would you ever feck off with that nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

would you ever feck off with that nonsense.
    Who are these 'landowners' ?

Is this country run by a secret cabal of rabbits?

Of course not you say. But is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,643 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Who is this judge Zaidan any way? Zaidan isn't a Kildare name. Is he an actual judge or forty rabbits in a judge's costume?

You are making an absolute fool of yourself on this thread, for whatever reason you have decided to go off on this weird solo run.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭circadian

Found Gemmas boards account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

That's an old picture. It looks a fair bit nicer there now that Sisk have built a load of new houses there - the terribly name Sheehy Skeffington Meadows.

It won't last mind, that area has looked pretty run down for as long as I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

I believe the crime is use of a slow cooker with intent to supply.

I always said they should legalise the old pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Is Zaidan in fact a rabbit?

Mod: Congrats, you've killed your own thread. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement