Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for ESTA with US employer

Options
  • 02-12-2019 1:18pm

I will be traveling to the US in a few months for tourism purposes and am currently in the process of filling out my esta. I work for a US multinational company with offices in several countries, including Ireland. All the offices use the same standard phone number which is an American one as all our clients are mainly American. I have listed employer location as the Irish office so for the phone number can I just listed the company's American one. Any reason this could be an issue? Flights have already been booked so really want to be careful when filling it out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Nobody will notice. But surely your local office has an Irish landline number?

coylemj wrote: »
    Nobody will notice. But surely your local office has an Irish landline number?

All the phone lines are connected via internet so no Irish landline number that I'm aware of

OK, it will not be a problem. But be sure to bring your employee ID card with you, it's no harm to show that you work for a US company when it comes to dealing with US immigration. And in the highly unlikely event that they do query that phone number, it will help explain why you gave a US phone number for your employer. But that is not a feature of your application that is likely to raise any red flags.

If you're not visiting for a few months, I'd leave the ESTA until two weeks before you intend to travel. Even one week before would be safe. And if your passport expires between now and when you intend to travel, do not apply until you get the new passport. Because ESTA expires with the passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

If you're not visiting for a few months, I'd leave the ESTA until two weeks before you intend to travel. Even one week before would be safe. And if your passport expires between now and when you intend to travel, do not apply until you get the new passport. Because ESTA expires with the passport.

Eh I would have applied before booking flights. ESTA is always subject to denial (sometimes for reasons that are not in your control) and if denied then it's off to apply for a visa at the embassy. Now I'm sure 99.9% of ESTAs are approved but if you end up in the 0.1% that isn't and it's the week before the holiday then there's not much you can do

Eh I would have applied before booking flights. ESTA is always subject to denial (sometimes for reasons that are not in your control) and if denied then it's off to apply for a visa at the embassy. Now I'm sure 99.9% of ESTAs are approved but if you end up in the 0.1% that isn't and it's the week before the holiday then there's not much you can do

OP has already booked his/her flights. But I still think you're being far too pessimistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

OP has already booked his/her flights.

Indeed that's why I said "would have applied"
    But I still think you're being far too pessimistic.

Probably but it's not my holiday to lose. At least if you apply even a few weeks out there is time to rectify any issues. Being denied a week before simply means you won't be going on that holiday.

Advertisement