Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Same. It’s unbelievable value. I was giving three €45 per month and I got very very little for my money. €10 is a steal and I’ve ZERO complaints with the service after 5 months.

I had the same attitude as most others on here, why the hell was I paying Vodafone twice as much...until I went to the UK this Monday. I could not connect to any roaming network. At first I assumed it was my sim setup but eventually contacted GoMo chat, they said they are having issues with roaming and expect it be fixed within 24 hours...that was Monday morning, got the same response Tuesday, didn't even try them this morning.

Not having any voice, txt or data while away is a major pain...ok I get on WiFi every now and then but still it is more awkward then I thought it would be. Think I will have to revert to Vodafone :(

I'm beginning to think it's a case of you get what you pay for...can't imagine Vodafone would allow a service outage like this to go on for so long.(not a Vodafone fan, pi$$es me off that i will probably have to go back).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Sconsey wrote: »
    I had the same attitude as most others on here, why the hell was I paying Vodafone twice as much...until I went to the UK this Monday. I could not connect to any roaming network. At first I assumed it was my sim setup but eventually contacted GoMo chat, they said they are having issues with roaming and expect it be fixed within 24 hours...that was Monday morning, got the same response Tuesday, didn't even try them this morning.

Not having any voice, txt or data while away is a major pain...ok I get on WiFi every now and then but still it is more awkward then I thought it would be. Think I will have to revert to Vodafone :(

I'm beginning to think it's a case of you get what you pay for...can't imagine Vodafone would allow a service outage like this to go on for so long.(not a Vodafone fan, pi$$es me off that i will probably have to go back).

That is defo annoying at the very least but I'd tolerate it myself for the rare occasions that I am abroad.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I was in Frankfurt last night and roaming worked fine. Was in France any Germany earlier this year and Sweden in December and the roaming worked as it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

I'm happy overall but was disappointed to be charged €3 each for 2 missed calls while in dubai... Customer service wouldn't budge on the charge

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭msmx5

I'm happy overall but was disappointed to be charged €3 each for 2 missed calls while in dubai... Customer service wouldn't budge on the charge

Did your calls divert to voicemail? Might explain the charge.... if so turn off diverts when roaming outside EU to avoid these charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Sconsey wrote: »

I was in the UK yesterday myself for meetings and no problem at all. Try manually connecting to EE if the phone isn't automatically registering with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

msmx5 wrote: »
    Did your calls divert to voicemail? Might explain the charge.... if so turn off diverts when roaming outside EU to avoid these charges.

Yea they probably did to be fair!

Thanks for the tip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,164 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

msmx5 wrote: »

how does that work, the call gets routed to Dubai, but if you don't answer it gets diverted to voicemail which is in Ireland? So it should just be an Irish call.

Why would your voicemail be back in Ireland?

• Advertisement

Why would your voicemail be back in Ireland?

it's on a server in Eir/Gomo, it's not on your phone.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

loyatemu wrote: »
    how does that work, the call gets routed to Dubai, but if you don't answer it gets diverted to voicemail which is in Ireland? So it should just be an Irish call.

The call is routed to Dubai, and if you don't answer, it's routed back to your voicemail in Ireland.

So you're charged on the double; for recieving a call while roaming in Dubai and making a call from Dubai back to Ireland.

This is how roaming has always worked (except for regulated roaming within the EEA) and why you should always turn off voicemail BEFORE leaving the EEA.

Quackster wrote: »
    The call is routed to Dubai, and if you don't answer, it's routed back to your voicemail in Ireland.

So you're charged on the double; for recieving a call while roaming in Dubai and making a call from Dubai back to Ireland.

I'm not disputing this, but it seems a bizarre system. Diverts are configured at a network level, why would a call to voicemail go via your phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭September1

loyatemu wrote: »
    I'm not disputing this, but it seems a bizarre system. Diverts are configured at a network level, why would a call to voicemail go via your phone?

It is like you say on network level, so when someone make a call it gets routed to your provider (GoMo) who then routes to last network they know you were on (charge here) which then might route back to your voicemail on provider network (other charge here). Your phone is not involved in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

OmegaGene wrote: »
    This maybe a stupid question but how do I turn it off ?
    I hate voicemail
    Dial ##002# to disable call forwarding.

To re-enable on Android, open phone app > Three dots menu icon > Settings > Calls > Call forwarding > Tap each of When busy / unanswered / unreachable and put in +3538751234567 (i.e. the number 5 after your operator prefix, before the rest of your number).

Not sure about iOS, check the Settings app > Phone for settings there.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

Lad GAGA wrote: »
    Bit of a saga but here goes. Contacted ComReg and they gave me the name of the service provider. From what I can make out the line/number is owned by the Service Provider who then lease it out to the 'cowboys' (my words). Although ComReg are possibly limited in what they can do here-because some people may genuinely want to subscribe for the service-but the way these guys operate is a scam. I had 5 messages from the 57721 number within one minute-the first giving me a code to subscribe, the second telling me I had subscribed etc, an absolute scam. Anyway ComReg advised me who the Service Provider was that I should contact and what I should put in the message. Separately on some other similar thread in here-not linked to GoMo- I had read about the DSAR piece. So I emailed the provider-mGage-with my request for a refund and also raising the DSAR request.They passed my email onto the leaser-a company called Globway, email address for my complaint was support@domicoinltd.com. A couple of days later I heard from a company called Mobisupport who advised they would make a refund once I sent on bank details etc. In fairness to them the refund happened within one day of me providing my bank details. The DSAR request is more just for nuisance value, it costs nothing to raise one but they will now have to forward all data they have on me etc.

Got stung for 24 euro and thought I was going to have to pay. Seen this and followed the same steps as you. I haven't got my money back just yet but I only received the email earlier to say that they would refund me.

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Can gomo stop MMS sending or must I do it through APN settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Deleting the MMS APN in settings should stop MMS traffic

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Deleting the MMS APN in settings should stop MMS traffic

It comes back when I do

blade1 wrote: »
    It comes back when I do

Have you tried editing the APN to something incorrect?

Try deleting all the field entries within the APN and either save or exit (using home button) and go back in to check whether it's gone.

May need to enable airplane mode before deletion.

• Advertisement

Ok it's deleted completely now.
    Thanks lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

smoochie06 wrote: »
    Got stung for 24 euro and thought I was going to have to pay. Seen this and followed the same steps as you. I haven't got my money back just yet but I only received the email earlier to say that they would refund me.

Thank you

I sent an email but am getting a reply domain can't be reached, check email address, I wonder have they blocked it now that so many people are looking for refunds?

Just seen in earlier post that one of the email address posted was wrong

Hi Ten Pin, what you posted was the problem, hope they got my email now and refund my €30 :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭suave.4u

meathman0 wrote: »
    I sent an email but am getting a reply domain can't be reached, check email address, I wonder have they blocked it now that so many people are looking for refunds?

Just seen in earlier post that one of the email address posted was wrong

Note that the Email ID is:
    support@domicomltd.com

suave.4u wrote: »
    Note that the Email ID is:
    support@domicomltd.com

Yeah, seen that in earlier comments, sent now the wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭gerandy

Since changing to Gomo getting alot of calls from African counties and texts to say I have packages awaiting delivery but need to verify account details. Anyone else seen this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

gerandy wrote: »
    Since changing to Gomo getting alot of calls from African counties and texts to say I have packages awaiting delivery but need to verify account details. Anyone else seen this.

Got that same text today!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭paska

No, but now you said it, I will just wait

I got a missed call from Burundi country code 257.
    Never knew there was a country called Burundi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Simi

I've had a couple of missed calls from African numbers since I switched. Three must be better at blocking them, as I never had scam calls with them.

Just to chime in on the roaming, it worked fine in the UK and Germany for me. But flat out refused to connect to a network in Russia. Which is fine I didn't want it to as I picked up a sim over there, but it would have been nice to be able to receive calls in case of an emergency.

• Advertisement

Burundi sure is a happening place!!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/15/more-than-6000-bodies-found-in-six-mass-grave-sites-in-burundi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,822 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I've seen two Vodafone numbers get texts about deliveries this week.

Great bunch of lads the Burundians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Thats your holiday destination for next year sorted

This is very useful. Just note that the Email ID is:
    support@domicomltd.com
    and not
    support@domicoinltd.com

Thanks.

Guys I got my refund.
    Special thanks to Lad GAGA!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭a clanger

Just to add to the above. My daughter also got scammed via mobiplanet on 57596 I think. I emailed asking for GDPR and records as some of the guys on the forum suggested. While the responses were quick they were not playing ball .......until I pointed out that my daughter was a minor and as such not able to enter a contract. I suggested that I refer to comreg as she was a minor. Refund approved in 24 hours. Premium numbers calls etc now blocked and max credit reduced from €30 to €10. I think its worth doing this in advance as it seems many of us has bought the GOMO sim for our kids. Thanks again to contributors who paved the way

Guys I got my refund.
    Special thanks to Lad GAGA!!

This is the reply I got back.

Good day,

Shortcode 57721 is a shared shortcode on which several parties are active. We cannot find any services on your mobile number. We advise you to contact your service provider or mGage, who is the technical owner of this shortcode, at customercare@mgage.comThey can check which service you have used, as well as the contact details of the
    relevant party.

Sincerely
    Customer Support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Hi all

Just ported over on Saturday and I'm having next to no 4g coverage. My wife is getting between 30 and 45 Meg,I'm getting at the most 0.8 - 1 (on 3g I'm getting between 7-10 Meg)

I was on Vodafone and my 4g was great but it's pretty much useless now. I've contacted customer service but they were not much help (turn your phone off for 10 mins and see if that works)

They mentioned to check the APN settings,mine are the exact same as the wife's setting.

Anyone here have the same problems?

Cheers in advance

Your wife is on GoMo also I assume?

What phones do you have? Your phone might not support all of the bands used by GoMo.

I assumed you've tried switching each other sims to determine if it's the phone or the sim causing the issue?

• Advertisement

Your wife is on GoMo also I assume?

What phones do you have? Your phone might not support all of the bands used by GoMo.

I assumed you've tried switching each other sims to determine if it's the phone or the sim causing the issue?

Sorry,should have mentioned that she moved to gomo afew days after me. We both have xiaomi phones. I was on Vodafone for ages and never had a problem with 4G,only reason I switched was because I needed more data while we are waiting for broadband to be installed in the house. Haven't tried my sim in her phone yet as she is away at the moment but hopefully she's back tomorrow so I can try it out.

Cheers for the reply Aristotle

Sorry,should have mentioned that she moved to gomo afew days after me. We both have xiaomi phones. I was on Vodafone for ages and never had a problem with 4G,only reason I switched was because I needed more data while we are waiting for broadband to be installed in the house. Haven't tried my sim in her phone yet as she is away at the moment but hopefully she's back tomorrow so I can try it out.

Cheers for the reply Aristotle

What exact Xiaomi phones? And are they the international or Chinese versions? (If you don't know the latter, what are the model numbers in the settings?)

Vodafone and Gomo don't use the same bands so it is possible that your phone does support all of Vodafone's bands but not all of Gomo's. Best way to find out is to switch sims tomorrow. :)

What exact Xiaomi phones? And are they the international or Chinese versions? (If you don't know the latter, what are the model numbers in the settings?)

Vodafone and Gomo don't use the same bands so it is possible that your phone does support all of Vodafone's bands but not all of Gomo's. Best way to find out is to switch sims tomorrow. :)

My phone is the M1 A1 model,herselfs phone is either the A2 or A2 lite I believe. Both the international versions.

I had been on meteor previous to going to Vodafone and I'm nearly sure I had my meteor sim in this phone and from what I recall it worked without a problem. Will switch Sims with herself when she's home and see what the story is,maybe it's my phone.

This is the reply I got back.

Good day,

Shortcode 57721 is a shared shortcode on which several parties are active. We cannot find any services on your mobile number. We advise you to contact your service provider or mGage, who is the technical owner of this shortcode, at customercare@mgage.comThey can check which service you have used, as well as the contact details of the
    relevant party.

Sincerely
    Customer Support

Here is the list of the 42 "providers" on 57721...
    https://servicechecker.comreg.ie/Find/Index?ShortCode=57721

Does it not say in the text received who they were?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

My phone is the M1 A1 model,herselfs phone is either the A2 or A2 lite I believe. Both the international versions.

I had been on meteor previous to going to Vodafone and I'm nearly sure I had my meteor sim in this phone and from what I recall it worked without a problem. Will switch Sims with herself when she's home and see what the story is,maybe it's my phone.
    See attached for Mi A1 settings.

august12 wrote: »

Cheers for going to the trouble of doing that,much appreciated. All my settings seem to be the same as what you have listed. Got my wife to show me her settings and it's muchly the same too for her A2.

This was the email I got from gomo earlier,tried all but nothing seemed to work

"I`m just going to ask you a few questions to see if I can resolve this
    issue for you now... How long has this issue been happening? Have you
    tried to power your mobile off for 10 min and back on? Did you try putting your
    sim card into another phone if available to check it is not your
    mobile that has the issue?

You may need to update your APN setting to: data.myeirmobile.ie"

• Advertisement

Cheers for going to the trouble of doing that,much appreciated. All my settings seem to be the same as what you have listed. Got my wife to show me her settings and it's muchly the same too for her A2.

This was the email I got from gomo earlier,tried all but nothing seemed to work

"I`m just going to ask you a few questions to see if I can resolve this
    issue for you now... How long has this issue been happening? Have you
    tried to power your mobile off for 10 min and back on? Did you try putting your
    sim card into another phone if available to check it is not your
    mobile that has the issue?

You may need to update your APN setting to: data.myeirmobile.ie"
    It might be worth deleting the APN and setting up again.

It might be worth deleting the APN and setting up again.

I've done that,set it up and i get told I'm offline if I try to load a page but if I restore the data.mymeteor.ie in the APN,it works again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Any chance you have your network set to 3G as the preferred type? It's under the network settings on my Mi A2 Lite

I've done that,set it up and i get told I'm offline if I try to load a page but if I restore the data.mymeteor.ie in the APN,it works again
    The only other thing I can think of, have you the sim card in slot one because I think slot 2 only supports 3g.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

theShire wrote: »
    Any chance you have your network set to 3G as the preferred type? It's under the network settings on my Mi A2 Lite

Could be an issue with the bands available for ur model

Mi A1 Global bands:
    GSM B2, B3, B5, B8
    UMTS B1, B2, B5, B8
    FDD-LTE B1, B3, B5
    TDD-LTE B40, B41(2555-2655MHz)

Mi A2 Lite Global Bands:
    GSM B2/3/5/8
    WCDMA B1/2/5/8
    FDD-LTE B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/20
    TD-LTE B38/40

• Advertisement