Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

august12 wrote: »
    The only other thing I can think of, have you the sim card in slot one because I think slot 2 only supports 3g.

Yeah it's in slot one (I just put the Sim card in where my Vodafone Sim was) Slot two is empty. Just did a speed test,I'm getting around 10meg now on 4g,it's gotten Abit better since this morning but it doesn't seem very stable. I'm in the centre of a town so normally the speeds are pretty decent. I guess all I can do is try it in my wife's phone tomorrow.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

theShire wrote: »
    Could be an issue with the bands available for ur model

Mi A1 Global bands:
    GSM B2, B3, B5, B8
    UMTS B1, B2, B5, B8
    FDD-LTE B1, B3, B5
    TDD-LTE B40, B41(2555-2655MHz)

Mi A2 Lite Global Bands:
    GSM B2/3/5/8
    WCDMA B1/2/5/8
    FDD-LTE B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/20
    TD-LTE B38/40

Seems to be lack of LTE B20 on the A1, which I think Eir pretty much relies on outside major urban areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Yeah it's in slot one (I just put the Sim card in where my Vodafone Sim was) Slot two is empty. Just did a speed test,I'm getting around 10meg now on 4g,it's gotten Abit better since this morning but it doesn't seem very stable. I'm in the centre of a town so normally the speeds are pretty decent. I guess all I can do is try it in my wife's phone tomorrow.
    I live in the sticks and have constant 4g all evening, I work in one of the major cities and can't even get 3g in the office , unless I hang out the window all day and then it reverts to 4g, but I can live with that as long as I have good coverage in the evening at home. Hope reception improved for you, I'm happy with my 9.99 bill each month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

august12 wrote: »
    I live in the sticks and have constant 4g all evening, I work in one of the major cities and can't even get 3g in the office , unless I hang out the window all day and then it reverts to 4g, but I can live with that as long as I have good coverage in the evening at home. Hope reception improved for you, I'm happy with my 9.99 bill each month.

My mate who also lives in the sticks, on a farm in the middle of nowhere,has gomo and he's getting about 20meg on his 4g so maybe it just is a problem with my phone. Will test on the wife's phone tomorrow and see. Just did a test and I'm getting around 15meg now,will see in the morning if it's still stable.

Thanks for all the help everyone, muchly appreciated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭biebiebie

My mate who also lives in the sticks, on a farm in the middle of nowhere,has gomo and he's getting about 20meg on his 4g so maybe it just is a problem with my phone. Will test on the wife's phone tomorrow and see. Just did a test and I'm getting around 15meg now,will see in the morning if it's still stable.

Thanks for all the help everyone, muchly appreciated :)
    For a true comparison, you'd need drive down to your mates farm and try it from there. Or vice versa.

Mobile speeds will vary depending on many factors, such as distance from cell tower, network congestion, signal blocking obstacles etc. Even your mobile phone will make a difference depending on how it receives and handles signal/data (radio, aerial etc).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Crossed over the border yesterday with a Three and Gomo Sim in my phone. It took the gomo sim a lot longer to find it's way onto a UK network and alert with me with the welcome Text.

For those using Android Auto it will show the R(for roaming) on the screen but doesn't show any Data connection but it's definitely live and you're still connected as was getting messages coming through and emails, just oddly enough doesn't show roaming data, or any data connection for that matter, on the AA screen in the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Berty wrote: »
    Crossed over the border yesterday with a Three and Gomo Sim in my phone. It took the gomo sim a lot longer to find it's way onto a UK network and alert with me with the welcome Text.

For those using Android Auto it will show the R(for roaming) on the screen but doesn't show any Data connection but it's definitely live and you're still connected as was getting messages coming through and emails, just oddly enough doesn't show roaming data, or any data connection for that matter, on the AA screen in the car.
    Berty this has happened me everytime I have travelled to the UK. Gomo support had no advise but to wait.

sioda wrote: »
    Berty this has happened me everytime I have travelled to the UK. Gomo support had no advise but to wait.

It was happening with Three as well(dual sim phone) so I swapped the data over to see was it a Gomo or Three problem. It's likely just an AA problem so I wouldn't expect a fix anytime soon.

Driving between countries I figure doesn't affect enough of a user base for them to consider a fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭msmx5

theShire wrote: »
    Could be an issue with the bands available for ur model

Mi A1 Global bands:
    GSM B2, B3, B5, B8
    UMTS B1, B2, B5, B8
    FDD-LTE B1, B3, B5
    TDD-LTE B40, B41(2555-2655MHz)

Mi A2 Lite Global Bands:
    GSM B2/3/5/8
    WCDMA B1/2/5/8
    FDD-LTE B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/20
    TD-LTE B38/40

You need B3 and B20 for LTE (FDD) in Ireland. All operators use B20 as their main LTE band and some sites/masts (generally in more urban areas) will also use B3 for extra capacity.

If your phone only has B3 and not B20 then there are potentially areas where Irish operators have LTE deployed but your device will not be able to receive it.

Having said all that if the OP was originally on Eir and ported to GoMo there should be no difference in coverage/LTE availability, if they had 4G before they should have 4G now.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ash2020

Has anybody reached or exceeded the 80gb allowance yet
    If yes, what happens after the 80gb, did you get billed extra or was the usage restricted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

ash2020 wrote: »
    Has anybody reached or exceeded the 80gb allowance yet
    If yes, what happens after the 80gb, did you get billed extra or was the usage restricted?

Seen this mentioned in this thread , they throttle your speed to 0.2 mb down, enough to surf and email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

meathman0 wrote: »
    Seen this mentioned in this thread , they throttle your speed to 0.2 mb down, enough to surf and email

And spotify and google maps :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I've contacted customer service but they were not much help (turn your phone off for 10 mins and see if that works)
    Airplane mode off/on to get the phone to scan bands again.

Something like this will show the band and signal. You can use it on your travels to see which bands you phone picks up elsewhere
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wilysis.cellinfolite

https://siteviewer.comreg.ie/ to see where the nearest masts are
    Try out doors and upstairs windows to see what works best

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

meathman0 wrote: »
    Some of us used to have 0.0024 Mbs dial up modems that cost 10p every three minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Some of us used to have 0.0024 Mbs dial up modems that cost 10p every three minutes.

Ah, the good old days. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭bromley52

Those pictures used to take so long to load.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

I've been e-mobile/meteor/eir for about 8 years. Swapped to gomo and I find the coverage poorer in lots of places.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Have a sim here in my name want to give it to my sister can I change the sim over to her? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Have a sim here in my name want to give it to my sister can I change the sim over to her? thanks

Don't think so (if you mean changing the account holder name).

However, you can probably change the payment source to her card.

Also the phone number on the SIM will stay with the SIM. If you port her current number to it, then the number currently assigned to the gomo SIM will be gone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Stoolbend wrote: »
    I've been e-mobile/meteor/eir for about 8 years. Swapped to gomo and I find the coverage poorer in lots of places.

That's unusual, you still get coverage from the same mast.
    Slower speed would make sense but I've no idea why your coverage is worse.

Folks, since moving to GoMo i've got a new voicemail system.I never used voicemail in the past and simply deactivated it.

Now i have one that doesnt actually seem to play my recorded "you have reached kkv" message, instead it just goes straight to the voicemail without telling anyone. so all my voice mails are people saying "hello... hello..?" and hanging up.

I have tried to deactivate it but no luck so far. Anyone got any hints or tips? Im sick of having to ring voicemail to get that feckin 'you have a new voicemail' notification off the screen. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Folks, since moving to GoMo i've got a new voicemail system.I never used voicemail in the past and simply deactivated it.

Now i have one that doesnt actually seem to play my recorded "you have reached kkv" message, instead it just goes straight to the voicemail without telling anyone. so all my voice mails are people saying "hello... hello..?" and hanging up.

I have tried to deactivate it but no luck so far. Anyone got any hints or tips? Im sick of having to ring voicemail to get that feckin 'you have a new voicemail' notification off the screen. :o
    Exactly the same with me!
    Ten Pin wrote: »
    Dial ##002# to cancel all diverts.

Good to know, Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I have to say that this well rounded GoMo plan is proving invaluable in these difficult times.

Having the free phone calls is one aspect that I'm using now more than ever. And I can see that increasing over the coming weeks/months (unfortunately).

Thanks OP. And thanks GoMo.

Stay safe everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

biebiebie wrote: »
    I have to say that this well rounded GoMo plan is proving invaluable in these difficult times.

Having the free phone calls is one aspect that I'm using now more than ever. And I can see that increasing over the coming weeks/months (unfortunately).

Thanks OP. And thanks GoMo.

Stay safe everyone.

Unless your porting failed and there is no staff, apparently, to fix it :( They have gone dark since March 13th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

RangeR wrote: »
    Unless your porting failed and there is no staff, apparently, to fix it :( They have gone dark since March 13th.

Ordered a SIM yesterday, wonder if there are delays shipping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Irish Kev wrote: »
    Ordered a SIM yesterday, wonder if there are delays shipping

As of now,there shouldn't be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I've just realised mine is the same.
    I was wondering why I was getting "hello" voicemails.

Can't seem to find a way to re-record.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

blade1 wrote: »
    As of now,there shouldn't be.

Arrived today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭kn

Anyone hit the 80GB limit this month yet? Just wondering if in the circumstances if they are still applying it and what happens if you hit the 80??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭madmoe

Not yet but getting closer to it. We'll see soon what the speeds are like then.

Cheers,
    M

I hit the 80gb limit a week ago, speeds are throttled by the usual amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Ocer

hit the limit today, speed drop to 200kbps, change to another gomo sim :)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

Ocer wrote: »

any way of seeing how much data you have used? Im using an old router so it doesnt have the capability to tell me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

What are the speeds like before hitting the limit? I know it depends on location a lot, but in general?

What are the speeds like before hitting the limit? I know it depends on location a lot, but in general?

50mbps or so 6kms from limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Anywhere between 5G and unusable depending on your location.

paul-2008 wrote: »
    any way of seeing how much data you have used? Im using an old router so it doesnt have the capability to tell me

Not on Gomo's side, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I get a usable 3-6Mbps in most rural places to be fair. Urban settings I get 20-50Mbps. It isn't as good as VF but plenty of speed for mobile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Can you log into the router, if you put 192.168.1.1 into browser address bar you should have access to the router, you can then set up the wifi to calculate usage from the 1st of each month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Ocer

TheDriver wrote: »
    I get a usable 3-6Mbps in most rural places to be fair. Urban settings I get 20-50Mbps. It isn't as good as VF but plenty of speed for mobile.

same~

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭lau1247

The router I have can receive messages. I think Gomo send you a warning after you hit a percentage of the limit. So pretty much just need to check that.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭peking97

Ocer wrote: »

I see the Gomo site advises that you can have a max of two SIM's per account.
    Why would one need a second SIM card? Would it have the same phone number like a clone of the first SIM or what? Doesn't really apply to me just curious as to why there would ever be a need for a second SIM card on one account. Apologies if this is off-topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

peking97 wrote: »
    I see the Gomo site advises that you can have a max of two SIM's per account.
    Why would one need a second SIM card? Would it have the same phone number like a clone of the first SIM or what? Doesn't really apply to me just curious as to why there would ever be a need for a second SIM card on one account. Apologies if this is off-topic.

You could have one, your partner the other, both paid from the same bank account.
    The two sims are unrelated to each other, different Ph No's Sim identity etc.

Makes it handy also where parents want the kids have phones and paid from the parents account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Is 5G still working? Any more 5G reception/speed reports?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Hi, folks. Can anyone tell me how much does a call to a UK mobile cost with Gomo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Hi, folks. Can anyone tell me how much does a call to a UK mobile cost with Gomo?
    23.37c/min

https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Prob.that was answered 1000's times but can I use Revolut or Curve?I might give them a go in April

Prob.that was answered 1000's times but can I use Revolut or Curve?I might give them a go in April

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

Tried setting up in October, wouldn't accept Revolut then, used D card instead.
    Got a second SIM in January for modem and had usable 6-7mbps then, last month or so it has dropped to as low as 0.6mbps.
    Unusable, so back to 3 for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement