Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Ordered 2 GOMO sims. Live close enough to Dublin Airport so signal and masts are grand.

operating it in a dual sim phone with other sim is Vodafone through work.
    At home the speed tests are a bit poor, 1-2 mbps down and less upload 0.3mbps where as vodafone sim is getting 80mbps and 20mbps down.

Closer to dublin city you get the better it is , for instance in whitehall i got 86down and 27 up from gomo

Usability, bit laggish on pages loading, instagram stories buffering a lot. I resorted to putting data back to my vodafone sim.

Calls and texts all good.

Ported the 2nd gomo sim over from my wifes phone, all done , no hassle in less than an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Romero

bromley52 wrote: »
    Get onto the network you are currently with and see if they received a port out request. It is normally automatic but they may need to approve the request.

So tried it again today same issue. I get a message back saying port not available on Tesco network, even though I'm on Three. Online chat told me to contact Three I rang them everything is in order on their side number is on their network and no requests from gomo. Onto GoMo and they are escalating it to another team, but very frustrating that they can't or we can't manually select the network the number is porting from.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭keos

Romero wrote: »
    So tried it again today same issue. I get a message back saying port not available on Tesco network, even though I'm on Three. Online chat told me to contact Three I rang them everything is in order on their side number is on their network and no requests from gomo. Onto GoMo and they are escalating it to another team, but very frustrating that they can't or we can't manually select the network the number is porting from.

Sounds like for some reason on the FMNP database (which is queried by gomo when you are submitting your port request) your number shows as Tesco, although you are with Three.

When you try to port to gomo, based on the information in the FMNP database, the request is sent to Tesco. Since your number does not exist on the Tesco network, the port is rightfully rejected.

Since your current service is with Three, it is their responsibility to keep the data accurate and correct it if it's wrong.

I'd say contract Three and ask them to update the FMNP database entry for your number. I guess customer care won't be able to help you with that on the spot but they should at least raise a request internally with the team that look after that

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Romero

keos wrote: »
    Sounds like for some reason on the FMNP database (which is queried by gomo when you are submitting your port request) your number shows as Tesco, although you are with Three.

When you try to port to gomo, based on the information in the FMNP database, the request is sent to Tesco. Since your number does not exist on the Tesco network, the port is rightfully rejected.

Since your current service is with Three, it is their responsibility to keep the data accurate and correct it if it's wrong.

I'd say contract Three and ask them to update the FMNP database entry for your number. I guess customer care won't be able to help you with that on the spot but they should at least raise a request internally with the team that look after that

Thanks rang three again and they basically said if there was an issue with FNMP database as you described above the number wouldn't work. I tried to ask the operator to raise an issue to check and she said no it's a gomo issue that gomo need to resolve and they are seeing a lot of issues like this and customers are coming back to three due to issues like this. Is she correct in sayingif the FNMP database wasnt updated properly the 089 number would not have worked on the three network?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭keos

Romero wrote: »
    Thanks rang three again and they basically said if there was an issue with FNMP database as you described above the number wouldn't work. I tried to ask the operator to raise an issue to check and she said no it's a gomo issue that gomo need to resolve and they are seeing a lot of issues like this and customers are coming back to three due to issues like this. Is she correct in sayingif the FNMP database wasnt updated properly the 089 number would not have worked on the three network?

The FMNP database is just a database that has the paring between all Irish numbers and their network. I don't think it has anything to do the ability of making phone calls etc.
    Afaik there is a master copy of the db which is maintained by an independent body and each operator has their own replica of it.
    Based on the description of the issue you're facing, I would say the mapping between number and network either on the master and/or on gomo's replica is incorrect.

If the master is inaccurate, then the issue will be on all the other operators replicas (if you try to port to VF for example, you'd get the same error).

If the mapping issue is only on gomo's replica, then porting to other operators should be ok.

Either way, in my view it is Three who should follow up and resolve the issue as they are the current owners of the number.
    They need to query your number onto the master and see the mapping. If correct, then they should contact gomo and advise of the discrepancy so they can check/correct their database.

I don't think gomo would be able to alter the information in the db for numbers that are owned by other operators based on the input from the customers. The input should be coming from the operator that owns the number.

If Three are not willing to investigate this for you then I'd say contact comreg and advise them you are refused to port out your number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Len_007

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I’m in London and connected to EE automatically

Try plane mode on and off or rebooting your phone

Day 4 of no signal. After I replied GoMo's initial response to my online submission, I received an automated message saying it would be two business days before they would get back to. Still no word.
    I've tried rebooting the phone.
    I've done my best to follow their suggested procedure below, but because myself and my wife are iOS users, I haven't a clue about the MCC/MNC instructions...

"Go to the Start screen.
    Choose Apps.
    Choose Settings.
    Choose Data usage.
    If Mobile data is disabled, enable Mobile data and choose the back symbol.
    If Mobile data is enabled, choose the back symbol.
    Choose Mobile networks.
    Choose Access Point Names.
    Choose ADD.
    Under Name, enter eir Mobile data
    Under APN, enter data.myeirmobile.ie
    Under Proxy, enter nothing
    Under Port, enter nothing
    Under Username, enter nothing
    Under Password, enter nothing
    Scroll down.
    Under MCC, enter 353
    Under MNC, do nothing
    Under Authentication type, tick None.
    Choose APN type.
    If this screen appears, enter default,supl (note: in lower case) and choose OK.
    If this screen does not appear, tick Internet and choose OK."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

glasso wrote: »
    if you're likely to use a lot of data could be better off using a three 20 euro a month pay as you go sim - they don't do any throttling on unlimited data and you can tether / use in a router.

Can you send a link to that plan can’t find it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Under APN, enter data.myeirmobile.ie

Under MCC, enter 353
    Under MNC, do nothing

Gomo have given you the wrong MCC/MNC values

MCC 272
    MNC 03

The worse part of giving the wrong information is that if they had omitted those two values altogether, the fields automatically populate with the correct values that are stored on the SIM anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Gomo have given you the wrong MCC/MNC values

MCC 272
    MNC 03

The worse part of giving the wrong information is that if they had omitted those two values altogether, the fields automatically populate with the correct values that are stored on the SIM anyway.

My values are automatically at
    MCC 272
    MNC 03

However it's says. data.mymeteor.ie.

Does it make any difference, performance or otherwise if it's eir or meteor?

Also,It should work ok when I go to UK???

• Advertisement

sozbox wrote: »

https://www.three.ie/plans/sim-only/prepay/

sozbox wrote: »

yes as the other user posted it's https://www.three.ie/plans/sim-only/prepay/

they don't throttle data but it's best to try out (a month will cost you 20 euro obv) to see what speeds you get in your area

a potential bonus is that you keep your credit (once you top up again quickly instead of using credit inadvertently on data when your prior time period runs out - use mythree app on your phone) which can be used for things like

spotify, google drive, play store purchases etc, council street parking in dublin (once you bring sim with you to use when paying)

there is a thread in bargain alerts about using the credit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

yes as the other user posted it's https://www.three.ie/plans/sim-only/prepay/

they don't throttle data but it's best to try out (a month will cost you 20 euro obv) to see what speeds you get in your area

a potential bonus is that you keep your credit (once you top up again quickly instead of using credit inadvertently on data when your prior time period runs out - use mythree app on your phone) which can be used for things like

spotify, google drive, play store purchases etc, council street parking in dublin (once you bring sim with you to use when paying)

there is a thread in bargain alerts about using the credit
    Not sure what this has got to do with GoMo :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭Kat1170

degsie wrote:
    Not sure what this has got to do with GoMo

About as much as your post has, but at least they're trying to help each other unlike you self absorbed bitching

degsie wrote: »
    Not sure what this has got to do with GoMo :confused:

It has just as much as someone who posts a bargain alert for a TV and someone else posts an alternative deal for a different TV in the same thread. He's answering someones question and helping out, he even points to the other thread about Three to discuss it further, don't worry so much and enjoy the New Year. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

So, after ordering a GoMo sim on the 16th and having not received it, I cancelled it today and they told me it would be cancelled at midnight as I was still within the 14 day cooling off period. Anyone know if you get a refund if you cancel within the 14 days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

Toxica wrote: »
    So, after ordering a GoMo sim on the 16th and having not received it, I cancelled it today and they told me it would be cancelled at midnight as I was still within the 14 day cooling off period. Anyone know if you get a refund if you cancel within the 14 days?

you do but be prepared to chase for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

BArra wrote: »
    you do but be prepared to chase for it

Any problems from them, go straight to Comreg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I am a little confused. He can speedtest at .3 meg, which is 300k, but only gets 30k. Not suitable for anything more than basic browsing though. Perhaps this product is not for you. Its a tenner for 80 gig. Either get a second sim or move to a different product. You cannot complain really for a tenner a month. I have four of these sims.

300Kb dl would roughly equate to about 30KB downloaded.

Data providers speak in bits. Accumulated data is measured in bytes. Might explain the disparity. Might not. Could be a sampling error. Or the actual throttled data rates.

Either way, I think anyone hitting 80GB usage is probably expecting too much for a tenner a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Just to note three has a fair use policy on it's unlimited be data package for phones. The limit is 80gb and three will reduce your speed if you are a heavy user so I think that means throttling after a certain amount used. I think your not allowed to use it as a router either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Probably asked a thousand times already.
    If I order a gomo sim now can I port my number in a few months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭lau1247

XsApollo wrote: »
    Probably asked a thousand times already.
    If I order a gomo sim now can I port my number in a few months?

Yes. You can order first then port later

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MMXX

lau1247 wrote: »
    Yes. You can order first then port later

If you don't mind me asking, how do you know? Is it written somewhere? I'm not doubting you for a second, I'm just about to make an order - and want to make sure. Any help is greatly *appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

MMXX wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking, how do you know? Is it written somewhere? I'm not doubting you for a second, I'm just about to make an order - and want to make sure. Any help is greatly appropriated.

CS confirmed it for me, plus, if you look in your account after signup the option is there ongoing.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

CS confirmed it for me, plus, if you look in your account after signup the option is there ongoing.
    Thank you very much.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If you don't mind me asking, how do you know? Is it written somewhere? I'm not doubting you for a second, I'm just about to make an order - and want to make sure. Any help is greatly *appreciated.

Standard practice with all operators.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Are the sim cards sent by An Post recorded delivery? I got a message that it'll be out in the post today, but I won't be here to sign for it, and won't be around for a couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Are the sim cards sent by An Post recorded delivery? I got a message that it'll be out in the post today, but I won't be here to sign for it, and won't be around for a couple of days.

Yes, they are. So someone will need to sign for it.

Depending on the postman they might check with a neighbour, or it will get dropped off at the collection centre. You will have the option to re-route it somewhere else, such as your work/family. This can be done online.

my postman just put them in the letterbox

Depends on the postman.
    Officially they are supposed to be signed for if no alternative delivery was organised by you.

i know that much i was replying to the query not looking for a debate

And yet u reply.
    Ignore it if don't want a debate.
    I was only adding to it.
    No need for the narky response.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭msmx5

FYI - I got GoMo Sim in November, have been using it for data only thusfar and planned to port during Jan for calls and texts. In the MyGoMo section of the website I still have the option to port, schedule time, confirm number etc so I don't forsee a problem porting.

As an aside: The 085 GoMo number I have is a good one - would be nice to keep but not going through the hassle of changing my main number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Mr.S wrote: »
    Assume there is no freeze option in place like VF used to have?

Tempted to sign up to get the 9,99 deal but in contract until April.

I'd say their new offer will focus on having 5G included and this €9.99 will "only" be 4G.

No Freeze option available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

I'm in same boat..I went ahead and ordered a Gomo sim yesterday.. 3 months at 10 euro and 10 euro setup still cheaper than one month at 45 on contract with three. I'll cancel three end of march and port out then.
    Mr.S wrote: »
    Assume there is no freeze option in place like VF used to have?

Tempted to sign up to get the 9,99 deal but in contract until April.

I'd say their new offer will focus on having 5G included and this €9.99 will "only" be 4G.

I'm in same boat..I went ahead and ordered a Gomo sim yesterday.. 3 months at 10 euro and 10 euro setup still cheaper than one month at 45 on contract with three. I'll cancel three end of march and port out then.
    We're all the same boat, and we'll all sail the next... hopefully... FIFTY YEARS* together, paying €9.99 a month!

*Or until the company goes bust, or changes their terms and conditions.

But still: FIFTY YEARS, LET"S GO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

Would one of these Sims work with a mobile internet Dongle such as one of these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32828561123.html

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭SCOL

billyhead wrote: »
    Would one of these Sims work with a mobile internet Dongle such as one of these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32828561123.html

Yes, I use it in mine

msmx5 wrote: »
    FYI - I got GoMo Sim in November, have been using it for data only thusfar and planned to port during Jan for calls and texts. In the MyGoMo section of the website I still have the option to port, schedule time, confirm number etc so I don't forsee a problem porting.

Follow up: I have just completed the port two months after getting GoMo Sim - TLDR: seamless and very easy.

I filled in the details in the MoveMyNumber section of MyGoMo, got the verification code by text to my Vodafone SIM.

Then @ 12:21 selected the port time and date for 4 mins later... 12:25.

@ 12:26 I tried calling my temp GoMo number and it said something along the lines of it not being a valid number so I tried calling the number to be ported and it didn't work either - <looked like the port had gone through> :) I then inserted the GoMo SIM in place of my Vodafone one (had previously checked phone was unlocked) and everything seems to be working.

I can make calls with my ported number showing as the callerID and I can receive calls.
    (Haven't check voicemail yet as I don't use it)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yes, they are. So someone will need to sign for it.

Depending on the postman they might check with a neighbour, or it will get dropped off at the collection centre. You will have the option to re-route it somewhere else, such as your work/family. This can be done online.

I ordered 6.
    All were placed in the letterbox. No signing required.
    Spread across 2 different addresses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The annoying bit for me is I set both ports(2 sims) on the same date(1st Jan) and one went through about 36 hours later but the other one failed at the set time saying "a number on this account is already being ported". Waited until the 1st completed and tried again and got the same error. GoMo says contact Eir, Eir says contact GoMo. My Eir is a 30 day contract so not blocked.

Somebody with an Irish name who clearly didn't have English as a 1st language said "we'll look into it" so more or less told continue to pay us and pay Eir until one of us figures it out. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭glack

if you're likely to use a lot of data could be better off using a three 20 euro a month pay as you go sim - they don't do any throttling on unlimited data and you can tether / use in a router.

Can you tether with three? Thought it was against t&c. I’m sim only with three and considering GoMo for data.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭rounders

I just ordered 4 sims. Once they arrive, do i have to activate them or do they come active? Just want to know if i need to do anything before the 8th or is it just a case of once I have the sims ordered I'm all good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

glack wrote: »
    Can you tether with three? Thought it was against t&c. I’m sim only with three and considering GoMo for data.

It's against three's t&cs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭TimHorton

SteM wrote: »
    It's against three's t&cs.

Been using 3 PAYG in a 4G Router for years and not a word from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I'm getting an error when I reach the payment stage during the registration.

Have any of you encountered this?

CyberGhost wrote: »
    I'm getting an error when I reach the payment stage during the registration.

Have any of you encountered this?
    Could you try another browser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Could you try another browser?

I'm trying this is in Chrome. I'll give Edge a try. But the error coming back is 500 from their validation API call. I think there is a problem on their end.

EDIT: Edge worked. Thank you, MMXX!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

SCOL wrote: »
    Yes, I use it in mine

Cheers. The dongle I got was from three but I cancelled the contract. Would it be locked though to three and if so how would I get the dongle unlocked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

kceire wrote: »
    I ordered 6.
    All were placed in the letterbox. No signing required.
    Spread across 2 different addresses.

I’m late to this and just wondering if you ordered 6 it has to be payg yes? I’d like to order one but not port number until May. Will I pay anything until then?...like be billed €10 p/m or is it like Three payg you just top up when you feel like it?

billyhead wrote: »
    Cheers. The dongle I got was from three but I cancelled the contract. Would it be locked though to three and if so how would I get the dongle unlocked?

Chances are it is locked, you'd need to check with a non three SIM to be sure, then google the dongle model number to see if it easily unlocked. Many are. Best place to ask would be Broadband forum - not here.

Nunu wrote: »
    I’m late to this and just wondering if you ordered 6 it has to be payg yes? I’d like to order one but not port number until May. Will I pay anything until then?.......

Yes €9.99 when you order then €9.99 every month after, whether you use it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi all,
    Has anyone noticed a considerable drop in speeds/network performance very recently? Mine is slow out and about and at home, my wireless router has a GoMo SIM in it.

Thanks,
    M

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement