Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help: ISP Router - Doesn't have Static Routing - what are my options?

• 02-12-2019 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Really looking for some help and advice with this one.

My ISP, Imagine Broadband, supplied router doesn't support static routing. (Only ISP where I live, currently.)

I have a smart dns subscription that I want to use and they suggest using a different router, which my ISP doesnt allow.

Is it possible to use another router that supports static routing and bridge or connect it to the ISP router? Or put ISP router in modem mode or something to do this?

My smart dns subscription needs to block the 2 Google dns geo location.

I was going to buy the linksys wrt32x (or similar) for its vpn, tomato, support.

Has anyone done similar or know a work around?

Its weird but I can get the smart dns to work on pc and a Samsung TV but not on the android TV or other android devices which is why I've been told I need static routing.

Thanks for any help and please feel free to pm me if you have experience with my setup/ISP?

Thanks! :)

Advertisement