Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft 30 Day Security Policy

• 02-12-2019 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Hi folks...

Went into Microsoft account today to buy some stuff for the kids for the xBox from Santa. I was prompted (no option not to) to update security information on Microsoft account. Put in my mobile number, received a verification text, entered the code on the site etc. Then I'm prompted with a message to say that it will take 30 days to update the security information, and during which time I will not be able to make purchases from the store.

Spoke to Microsoft support and they said there's nothing they can do, the policy is the policy and that's how long it takes.

Anyone else having an issue with this? I have NEVER seen such a policy in action before on any site or service. From my experience, security information changes are usually instant, or within a few hours. 30 days seems absolutely insane. I can imagine there are many many people logging in today, tomorrow, the next day and will be presented with this issue and be therefore prevented from accessing elements of their account for 30 days. That's a lot of lost purchases in the lead up to Christmas.

I didn't even request/want the change. I had to no choice but to update it as it kept bouncing me back to it when I tried to make a purchase.

Madness.

Advertisement